1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request to re-open Summoning Sack Mayhem contest.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    6:56 AM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    lol if this is true. that means one of your 'pros' are moot

2. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    12:56 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    1 you can also use auto hp potion since everyone uses a pet. than you wont need to fm button
    2 charms dont really cost that much and normaly during leeches you always have some
    for does randomly falling mobs that could kill you.
    3 people are going to kill each other either way and they do it for fun.
    like a good friend of me said today. no point to always fight against it, just go with the flow.

that games give does random trolls a idea about organized killing instead of going for the weak.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I mean there isn't a notice "yet" if what julie said is true... nubjuleznubjulez who's your inside source?

4. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    1. 'everyone uses a pet'. more assumptions with no proof. what if someone doesnt have a pet, who cares its their fault right?
    and again, people seem to being ignoring what ive stated previously, why should i constantly buy charms to account for people who want to kill me for fun. or for people who think im afking to hog maps, how do you know that person didnt have to do something in real life?
    3. exactly, so why do we need a game/thread to promote that?

'no point to always fight against it, just go with the flow.' thats a slippery slope.
    for ex. if the nazis soldiers spoke up and and rejected hitler ideas early on, we might have avoided a big problem. instead of just 'going along with it'. its the same as when people ask 'if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?'. why be a sheep?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    A lot of your posts make little to no sense but I can see what you mean.

You too also have to realize there are 2 sides of the spectrum.

-AFK in the map with safety charm to prevent exp loss and possibly keep the map that your in
    or
    -Simply take 1 millisecond to click the "Market" button and then proceed to AFK without purchasing a safety charm but you lose your map

Both sides are equal and have relevant arguments.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    what... if it didnt make sense, then you wouldnt understand what im arguing. if you do, that means, you concede that im right, to some extent.
    i also recognize the other side of the other argument, there will always be some bias in someones response.
    another thing you have to think about, is alot of people have been playing without the fear of summoning sacks. and one day their introduced, you need buffer time to remember 'oh dont afk in this map'

but lets not skip over the real reason why people want it back, its to kill others for fun, at the cost of anothers 'misfortune'.
    'fun' is subjective, but it seems a majority of people want summoning sacks, hence why they were brought back.
    and as its been stated before, people are going to do it anyways, so what is the point of glorifying that in a thread?... for fun. right.
    i have no control over the summoning sacks. im just saying whats the point of the thread?
    so we can circle-jerk to our memories & memes of killing players, while wearing our nostalgia glasses.

franco
    the only cry baby i see are the ones who offer no reasons as to why their 'view' is correct, and insult others, like an undisciplined child. either offer some reasoning, like an adult, or go back to the kids table.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  7. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    3:56 AM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    Wait really?

8. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I'm honestly indifferent about this, since I can see both sides of the argument.
    It isn't exactly fun to get killed while being AFK, but there was never really a reason to remove the bags unless there was a huge spam of some sort (idk they were already gone when I joined)
    I guess it can be frustrating for newer players, but the exp they lost isn't that much compared to later levels so it isn't too much lost, and at the higher lvls most people use charms (and they're cheap as shit so whatever.
    And honestly while it's frustrating to die to them, I can see the appeal of using them since it's fun to kill people, and that's just the truth for most people.
    though that more a personal opinion and I mostly don't care if it's gonna happen or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    All the reason I can think of is, when the server is still new , player average lvl is low. So sometimes if a player spawn for example balrog, only a very few player can kill it plus the player base is low , buy now since players lvl are getting higher and there the player base is getting a lot more higher, I don't think that will be a issue anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    they were removed the first time (black sacks which spawn jr rog) because people liked to put them inside 1st job advancement places. and ppl would get killed. there was 4 channels when i joined the server. so having a rog in every channel in every 1st jov advancement place, is pretty fucked up lol.

11. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    ive conceded their are two side, when youre the one whos doing this, youre laughing your ass off. but when when youre on the receiving end, its cancerous.
    and as ive stated earlier, people who are lower in levels are the most susceptible to dieing. so logically it would make more sense to go after them, as in your example.

12. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    You say there are only two sides, yet i was killed when AFKing the other day and i wasnt even mad at all. It is a part of the game now, and it was years ago when most of us played. I didnt whine, i learned a lesson about AFKing on crowed places and i imagined how fun those people who opened the monsterbags must have had.

Why must there always be whining and complaining? Why cant people just have fun and enjoy the things they get?

Most things can get abused. But in my experience things like these explode once they are released but it will get less and less normal as time passes. I dont see this as a problem for the future. (Not really seeing it now either tho xD)

13. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    if it keep happenings, would you get mad then? so far its sounds like its only happened to you once.
    what if youre a high level mage and didnt turn on magic guard, and ran out of charms?
    we could add charms to the prizes? might help

14. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    If it happened multiple times I would get mad at myself for being stupid enough to let it happen. As i said: it happened once, i learned a lession.

Actually i think it might have happened twice, just first time i didnt really understand what had happened because i didnt know about monster sacks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Its pretty silly when you think about it:

Either you are low or midlevel afking/leeching. You get killed. Is it really something to get mad about? Most people can grind 2-3% per minute easily. Depending on your job that is a 2-5 minute grind and you could act as if it never happened.

Or, you are high levled and grinding takes forever, but you propably wont die from those low levled monsters anyways.

So is this REALLY something we should use our energy on?

16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    +1 bring back the contest. If you don't wanna die, just reroll NL and afk with shifter [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ttcorona

ttcorona Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    10:56 PM
    nzcorona
    Hero
    Deathsoul
    ITT: How to make a big deal out of nothing

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    5:56 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    I personally like having summoning sacks in the game as a fun little diversion. However, I can see where Zeretius' event may incentivize some people to track down and "hunt" higher lvl players (there's 30m at stake dammit!). Some people just want to train and play the game in peace without being constantly harassed by people looking to collect their "bounty".

19. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:56 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I wish somebody would kill me XatEmo

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    I'm on board with you in terms that the event should be allowed (even though Jacky started it first), but c'mon, don't use how you aren't encouraging killing people who are still on Maple Island as evidence that it's harmless.