1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

BANDIT/CB Ap Questions

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Jem, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    12:48 AM
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Hey everyone, I looked over a few shadower guides and there was only small sections on AP builds but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on how to distribute AP for a Chief Bandit enough to wear a khanjar, but keeping base's reasonably low so I have some extra LUK. So I've been saving my AP, since around 65(leeching myself) have been completely dexless, and have added enough STR to wear lvl 65 dagger (Fan). Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on where to keep bases and Should I scroll for luk,scroll for dex,scroll for str? Thanks in advance guys.

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Pretty much take into account the possibility of a zak helm and a htp for str.
    You can always add straight base if you dont have enough funding to purchase these items.
    The other possiblities are str top and a 3 str bottom scrolled with dex.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    6:48 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I personally went dex and str-less until around level 90-100.

After that i started adding some DEX and STR slowly while i upgraded my gear. Ive mostly been meso booming og selfleeching so it doesnt really matter how your stats are at those levels. If you are able to save points til you are level 120, just do it.

Try to scroll for DEX and STR to get their base stat as low as possible. This way you dont have to AP reset so much later on when you upgrade your gear. HTP gives 20+ on both so that would be 40 resets just from that if you added too much.

Really it all depends on your fundings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    I guess my question to you is what lvl top bottom did you use, to start getting some equips and scrolls in order, and I'm assuming shoes dex , earrings dex but how about cape, I'm pretty funded so I guess I'll just save all my points untill then I have zhelm and dep star to help me out for now.

Different question you skipped all daggers untill what lvl? And u never used khanjar?

5. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    even with zhelm and htp I think I still need to add a few points into STR to be able to equip dragon khanjar but scrolling a top for str and 3 str bottom is a good way to start ! Thanks man

6. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    In other words my dex base should be just enough with zhelm and deep star for me to be able to scroll level 70/80/90 top/bottom for str and dex and not worry about weapons untill what lvl?

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    If you are well funded then, you can go shoe attack (Christmas Event's Red Sock), Cape Attack (PAC/PGC).
    In regards to what level top/bottom, anything that is below your Dagger's stat requirement is nice.

If you are planning on using a kanzir then you would look into possibly level 70/80/90 top and bottoms.
    It really doesn't matter, you can look for some extra str from Osfa pants/tops tho.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

Im only level 112 atm. I used a Fan until i could equip level 100 dagger.

Im still on dex overall, since ive been busy making bishop to help fund faster i havent reallt upgrades that much.

Scroll helmet for DEX.

Earrings: STR or DEX

Top i aimed for lvl 80 pirate gear since they are dope AF. They are also pretty common for most people. Top for STR bottom for DEX

Best would be pure attack cape. But scroll for either DEX or CAPE. Doesnt really matter as far as it helps getting base stat of one of them lower.

Shoes for DEX

I think my STR is 50 and DEX is 80. Its not very good, but im not rich so it had to be that way.

Gonna have to use alot of AP resets later on!

And no i never wasted money on a khanjar. If you boom or leech you will never need it anyways. And it will be useless once you get a dragon khanjar. I would just go shieldless if you dont have a good common shield lying around already.

9. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Haven't seen the sock before o-o got a pgc but Thanks man I will look into tops and bottoms asap once I hit 80 thanks man!

10. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Ahh good to know regular khanjar is almost useless lmao, I'm currently using 13 luk fence so I'm good for now. I'll skip daggers as well untill I scroll some lvl 80 gear (it is fly as fuck ;P ) and I don't think there is earring str sadly :/

11. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    True, my mistake about STR earrings!!

Haha i gave up fences when i boomed my 6th one. It was even 11 att 2 slot OnionCryRun

I use 119 att 11 luk dagger atm. And i was lucky to scroll my helmet til 33dex.

That was my good start. Rest is kinda meh unfortunately.

Feel free to add me ign: Awleh
    If you wanna talk about bandits or just want a new fellow bandit friend :D

12. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Damn bad hit on the shield I haven't risked any shield watt yet :3 what level is that dagger? Recommend any specific lvl to start scrolling for. And I will def add you bro! Currently working forums only maple I can get on right now f3 ...oh and today was suppose to be homework day LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Awesome!

I got a gold double knife level 100. Havent done much research but i bet kanzirs are alot more expensive.

I cant play that often either, but im on discord and forum everyday :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    10:48 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You want to aim for 150 dex and 75 str for kanzir + dkhanjar.

Personally, I would scroll for dex and have base str, since you need more dex. On top of that, tops/bots with str are rather hard to come by as opposed to dex equips (drops from gs2).

For reference, egged htp and zhelm let's me keep my base str down at 35.

As others have said, you're going to reset some out anyways since you can't get htp straight at 120. Might as well pump some base stats for now and reset as you scroll better gear.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    so pretty much all these stats are just kind of add and reset as you go depending on what items you want to equip and there is no real guide to follow, just too keep them as low as (your funds allow) possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    10:48 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
  17. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Shit, Everyone came out to share some advice. Love it, appreciate all the feedback! ;D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    5:48 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    People have a misconception as to what can be scrolled and used effectively. If you are scrolling for yourself then there's no need to limit yourself to certain items. I have always found wg and silver strap shoes to be useless when there's class gear.

You wanna do some research as to what gear is easily/cheaply obtained and how you can revolve around keeping your base stats as low as possible. Theres no reason why you can't scroll str on a dex/luk top, or str/dex on an low att clean cape. There's also other alternatives to optimising your gear according to funds, if you haven't gotten a htp+scrolled zh yet then don't just rush and add into base, use your brain and think about what other alternatives there are; so many ppl say the lvl80 khanjar is useless due to there being lvl120 dragon khanjars. Have you ever considered that max att clean khanjar costs like 1/2m and is the perfect stepping stone item if you arn't fully decked out in dex/str items? Spam some shield str scrolls on it and it'll help you keep base down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Was just waiting for the Goddess to comment.

Informative and precise as always OnionInnocent

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Sooo even if i need to add to DEX and STR base I should first look at other options that I can currently use to help me achieve desired AP before adding straight To my base? If that's the case I should really invest in fully scrolling my zhelm, thank you for your input I find it interesting some people said to just scroll for dex, and state there is no reason not to try and scroll a top for str to try and help out. I'm still a little confused on around where I should try to leave dex were I can still scroll 70/80/90 top bottoms and not over do it :/. on class items this would be the first time able to scroll since I've been lukless bish, low str BM so it'll be fun to finally be able to scroll items that give u extra stats plus the scrolls and look dank af!!