1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to make pets move faster

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Prophet, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    3:21 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    So I was being a noob and thought pet equip scrolls for speed would make my penguin move faster, but apparently it doesn't, only the owner of the pet. Could there be a way for the pets to move a bit faster? I ask because it helps when you're killing mobs and flash jumping/tele-ing across a map, as the pet will be able to pick up more before blinking next to you (hope that makes sense). LMK what ya'll think.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    4:21 AM
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Yeah I actually thought about making a forum suggestion like this myself. Pet's sadly do move quite slow in MapleLegends but I kind of wonder if they can do anything about it. In GMS before they stupidly super boosted pet speed they made pets move at the same speed as the owner. For example if you were moving at 100% speed then your pets would move at 100% speed. If you were to get haste, you would go at 140% speed and so would your pets. Then if you were to hop on a mount then your pets would move perfectly with the mounts at 150%-190% speed depending on the mount you had.

I agree with making pets faster if it is possible. As an arch mage and when it comes to leeching, your pets looting around you fast is something that you really want. Then there is Ulu Estate II, a lot of leechers wait to loot the top after a long period of time and it can be pretty slow. I'd love to be able to just sweep the top really quickly and get back to leeching but my pets say "nope". I have 10% speed from my robe plus speed pet equips so my speed is always at 135% or so. It would be cool to see pet speed increased.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    1:21 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I totally agree with you. Pets movement can be frustrating sometimes. For someone like me who always like to pick up everything on the ground, being able to pick stuff up fast really saves a lot of time.

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    There is no equipment that you use to make the pet faster.
    All pet equipment stats actually go to YOU, ie. Speed/Jump.

However there's one quest in Aqua Road that allows your pet to match your speed/jump and stick closer to you.
    (This will however not work with FJ/Teleport).

I believe the quest is called something like Kenta's Advice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    10:21 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I remember doing that quest and my pet is still pretty far from me when i walk :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Did you try talking to Kenta again?
    You have to talk to him to make your pet move close to you if I remember correctly.
    Simply finishing the quest won't do anything.

7. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    im actually on my way to check that XD im moving my char to Aqua to be sure now. i will add the result here, but im sure i spoke to him a few times. we will see. FIngers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  8. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    i spoke to him, and nothing changed, it just pops the quest repeated times. I also saw some threads refering to this issue. idk what more to check T-T

9. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Awh I got excited when I read there's a quests to make your pet match your walking speed, but seems like it doesn't work then :c Would be so nice if it did, it's annoying when your pet teleports past a bunch of items instead of picking them up :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    4:21 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    i wish the quest of kenta advice will make our pet match our speed/jump..
    but it didnt work on ML :cautious:

11. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:21 PM
    Crusader
    Alas... I thought the quest was bugged back then and I was hoping it would be fixed.

I suppose we all shouldn't be lazy and learn to pick up after ourselves, just like what we used to do in Maple Island.