1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Change Iron Arrows target hit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Awleh, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    1:10 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Hey.

Ive just created a crossbowman for the first time, and i have been enjoying the class alot. There is only one thing that have been annoying me a little, and that is the way iron arrow targets enemies. (Im not really sure if that is the correct way to put it.)

If im attacking 6 monsters at the same time, the Iron Arrow skill will ignore new mobs that spawn even if they are closer to you then the older monsters. In my opinion Iron Arrow should always hit the 6 monsters that are CLOSEST to you, instead of the 6 monsters you already hit once before.

TL;DR:
    Is it possible to change Iron arrow so that it ALWAYS hits the 6 mobs that are closest to your character? Not only does it make more sense. But it will help us crossbowmen to handle maps with great spawn better then we currently do.

EDIT:
    In case i didnt put it clearly: I know the skill is only supposed to hit max 6 enemies. The issue is which 6 enemies it hits. It should prioritize which enemies more efficient.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    As far as know, most AOE skills works the same way in this game. But for bowmen its way more logical to hit the closest enemies. And we also benefit way more from changing it since we cant hit them from a close distance.

3. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    7:10 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    no, they are too op as is. they outdamage night lords. OnionLie
    so we cant allow that ever. so, 'no' to your suggestion x infinity

4. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Gotta agree, we outdamage NLs easy OnionLie

But we aint too OP

5. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:10 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    what marksmen out damaging night lords??...

6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    7:10 PM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I agree with this request. it will make training a lot easier for xbowmans when fighting very large mobs. I can speak from experience when I trained at WR's. Blizzard freezes the nearest 6 targets, and I feel as though IA should also be attacking these nearest 6 targets

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Was just a joke :)

8. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Agree with this, have played Xbowman and this bothered me too. Would be nice if this was added : D

9. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    12:10 AM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    Are there any AoE attacks that work based on proximity to the user? I don't know of any off the top of my head, which'd make this extremely difficult/near-impossible to implement.

10. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I dont know.

Saw thugricthugric mention blizzard though.

11. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    SYLegendSYLegend if your pressing disagree, could you please tell me why? :)

12. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    12:10 AM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    I had a quick look and can't find any mechanics matching this functionality in the client as-is. The code is pretty much the same as Slash Blast, so it just grabs 6 targets within range - I assume it just seems worse because it's a larger AoE?

There's a good chance this isn't realistically doable, but I'll leave it open for now.

13. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

It just looks stupid since iron arrow is a projectile. The way it passes some mobs and completely ignores them almost look like a bugg. I realize this is propably just bad coding from the creators of the game back in the day, and its sad that archers has to suffer from it.

Thanks alot for checking this out. I had no idea if this was a quick fix or not. Figured it was worth a try anyways. Ateast now you are aware of the "problem" if a solution should ever present itself.