1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which class do you think requires the least maintenance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by takolovelive, Oct 23, 2017.

1. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:28 PM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    I play an Ice/Lightning Mage and a Page (for when GS2 gets too crowded or boring), and both seem to require little funding or scrolling besides the obvious accuracy and int equips, and require minimal washing until VERY late for bossing.

I tried a bandit for a while, but might regret due to the amount of dex and str scrolls it needs towards end-game for stuff like a Dragon khanjar (more than my future paladin!!), and the dependency on mesos (literally) for dmg and defence for third job onwards.

Based on your experiences, which other classes required the least mesos, scrolls, or don't need complex AP builds for equips or washing?
    (No, there are too many options available, so no polls)

2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I'm tempted to say cleric because it's such a meso-making factory. Apart from that, fighters seem pretty alright. There's no real need to HP wash, and they're a pretty all-rounded class.

Methinks crossbowmen are pretty low maintenance but I can't say for sure. HP washing seems to be mandatory or at least highly recommended, but crossbows are probably one of the more affordable weapons.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:28 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    As a priest myself, I'll say it's the class:
    • APs all go to INT, unless you want to go low-luk or regular.
    • You do not have to HP wash or MP wash to do end-game bosses.
    • Once you hit 2nd job, you pretty much don't need any potions (Heal for HP, MP Eater for MP). That alone will save you a ton of pot money and inventory space.
    • Once you hit 3rd job, you no longer need any cure potions (Dispel).
    • Once you hit 4th job, you can start selling leech to make big money.

4. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    12:28 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

About the dependant on meso for defense part i just wanna point out that Meso Guard guards 50% of the damage taken. But only a % of that 50% damage gets traded for mesos.

So in reality the skill gives you 2x HP, but it uses less then 1 mesos per HP guarded.

If you look at most of the normal HP pots and your price, you will see that getting 1HP for less then 1 Mesos is actually cheaper then most pots. And you are actually SAVING money compared to many other classes that only depends on potions.

Just a little note, thats all. :)

And also, the combination of bandits INSANE avoidability and meso guard makes your survivability really good. You dont need alot of pots and you DONĀ“T HAVE TO wash.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Have to agree that Paladins are among the cheapest, especially if you go 2h

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:28 PM
    Thief
  7. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Definitely bishop. Damage output is decent without godly gears. No hp washing / mp washing required unless you aiming to be the top. Furthermore it's a money making machine after you max your heal. Once you hit 4th job you can sell leech for mesos at 6m/hr or more easily. And even if you decide to change character afterwards, you can use your bishop to hs, leech and fund your new character, hence training for your new job will be much easier and faster.