1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

do i really have to hp wash?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by james nowak, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    4:24 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Btw
    Someone else has it for sure

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Like I've said a few times HP washing is actually a choice (To the extent that most people do).
    You do not need to stress yourself with adding decent amount of base INT, if you do not believe that you will be horntailing.

Not everyone plays the game for the same reasons as the others.
    Some players enjoy bossing, grinding, getting level 200 etc.
    While other players enjoy questing and completing the various list of quests.
    Some players enjoy socializing and party questing.

Obviously the only situation where you would need to HP wash is the first option of bossing.
    So ... evaluate yourself.
    What are you looking for in MapleLegends?
    If you are unsure, then the safest bet is to HP wash incase you change your mind.
    But if you feel like you aren't interested in it, then its fine!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I simply don't care about HP washing. Full stop.

As I understand it, the point of washing is to attain higher HP than you would have normally, for the sole purpose of being able to boss earlier than you would normally. Am I correct here? Or does that it mean that, if you don't wash, you can't do certain bosses AT ALL. It's more of a when than an if. So I *personally* don't see the appeal. I play because I enjoy playing in my free time. There's no guarantee that I'll even get to fourth job, let alone boss level. So why bother? If you're washing, how do you know you'll get to those levels? If you can, more power to you.

I get the theory behind it, but it just seems like an unnecessary pain in the ass. If you have the patience and discipline to stick with that shit, good job. I just wouldn't bother.

• Like Like x 4
  4. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:24 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It's a chicken and egg thing. For ranged attackers, late game bosses represent the best source of EXP (and money). Without washing, you can't level efficiently without bossing and you can't boss without leveling.

5. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    The server rate is already 2x EXP, and I'm happy with that.

Of course, whether I'll be saying that at level 120, 150, 180+ is another question altogether, but my point stands: it is a factor that is relevant only in the end stages. I only speak for myself, but I have no idea how far I'm going to get. Yes, you can use that as an argument for washing, like, well since you don't know, you might as well so you don't regret it down the line. That's a fair view, but not one that I hold.

6. Raff

Raff Red Snail

Oct 28, 2017
    Male
    TommyPickles
    Cleric
    As of late, I've been wondering what Wizet's intentions were with certain squishy classes.
    I would assume everyone's meant to boss at a certain point. It's also my understanding that HP washing wasn't an intended mechanic.

Was Hyper Body expected to be a mandatory skill during high-level bossing?
    Also, would allocating the necessary secondary stat points to wear the current level's intended gear assist in surviving these bosses?
    Would the extra M. Defense and W. Defense from said gear compared to low-level generic gear make up for the lack of HP?

7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Meh Wizet was brilliant at creating wonderful game worlds that felt alive and were fun to explore, but in terms of gameplay balance and design they clearly had no idea what they were doing (which is probably forgiveable since this game was released back in the days when MMORPG formulae had not been perfected yet).

This results in phenomena like defence stats being utterly useless, extreme imbalances between job power levels and boss damage far outstripping HP values of players at reasonable values.

To be honest 99% players never get as far as joining Horntail parties anyway, so washing for these players sounds unecessary. In fact based on my observations many many players only get as far as finishing Ludi PQ- less have the resilience to brave the level 51-70 gap, and even less to get to 4th job, and less still get their character to an "attacker" stage for boss runs.

Hence for most people I'd just say don't wash unless you were determined to get to bossing parties eventually, and just enjoy the game. Heck you could already do scar/zakum without washing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    juz sacrifice luk and add hp ez man

• Like Like x 1
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:24 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I love it when people say endgame is like 4th job or 150.... 187 is halfway to 200 so pretty funny.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Endgame is 4th job tho ... there's no job advancement after that.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    dont you become a gm after 4th job OnionBlush

12. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    11:24 AM
    Thief
    yes this guy totally emphasized the problem with hp wash. good job
    which by the way wasnt a part of the original gms to anyone who thinks else
    no one played a priest first just to get int gear + leeching mule to ur hp washed char

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. healskys

healskys Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    of cuz' u have to hp wash!!
    i have 200 base int on my lv60 assassin!
    i hit 77 77 with lucky seven btw
    i guess im pretty lucky haHAA

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    People actually quickly caught on to the trend once HT came out.
    And it was a thing only the top level players did (Or atleast the ones expecting HT/could HT).
    During that time MTS was quite popular, so you didn't 100% need to spend $$.
    But initially only a limited amount of people knew about it and actually did it.

15. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    11:24 AM
    Thief
    thx for reply
    i was quite high and no one i knew did anything like it
    also nx was extremely expens (1:10 (?) ) by that time and u would better just spend the nx on gear rather than 3.1k nx (31 mil) on 18 hp
    the only thing i saw and did myself was turning the extra mp from zhelm and pendant to hp
    and most importantly no one would ditch his acc he played for years to lvl up a new acc
    also u can see youtube videos from that time, all first ht tries the nls were extremely low hp even on 18x and needed hp gear to survive on tail ( i can find)

16. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    I ditched many of my accounts.
    Obviously the old nightlords were highly disadvantaged (Still tried to HP wash with strong int gear anyways provided by friends).
    The first generation did have a lot of trouble, however they either remade or other members made a nightlord.
    With HT books selling to upwards of 1B per pop, and apples at the time were 1-2m each.
    It was easy to get the NX required to consistently wash, assuming you had decent gear.

17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:24 AM
    Moderator Post
    Saying you didn't do a specific thing back then is extremely silly. That's like saying when I played MapleStory for first time I didn't go the Hidden Streets that usually give much superior EXP than the normal maps. Now going to Hidden Streets is a natural thing since we gained experience from the game, compared to playing it for first time (also back then there was much less things documented).

I am not the biggest fan of washing myself, but that is just not a valid prime reason. Washing existed as soon AP resets came out, and it spreaded more and more when someone found the 'exploit', and now in the Private Server scene everyone know about it.

I do agree washing was much more difficult in GMS because it costed a lot of money, but it definitely did happen.

But once again that's like saying not everyone had pets, not everyone had nx, not everyone had telerocks, and the list goes on. Basically, everything costed real cash back in the day and not everyone had access to it. Here its free, which means yes everyone can have a pet that auto heals you, which also makes the game easier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    That's how I feel. I come back to this server to play, and I spend the whole time leveling my priest or getting money and scrolls for INT gear. By the time I quit again, I still haven't played the character I ACTUALLY want to play which is a marksman.

Usually on other servers when I eventually make the "perfect" character, I'm too burnt out like you said and I quit.

My suggestion on this topic is right here:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/make-hp-washing-optional.17813/

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Then you probably had a high HP goal and wanted to hit that early.
    It's not like it takes a year of washing to hit 5.6k, around 2 months of voting.
    This doesn't include the ability to hunt for them during our past events "summer+halloween".

Like many others your ideals of HP washing are a bit distorted.
    HP washing is i believe at a good medium, while its a crutch it's not something that is detrimental for you not to make a regular character first.
    Many players have leveled their attackers with 60 ~ base INT, which allows them to boss at the correct levels.
    (Correct level to HT is ATLEAST 150, preferably 155-160 as to not cripple your damage due to level disparity damage reduction)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    can we make it so that with have enough mp to hp wash to survive horntail by 135 without adding requiring any int? this way we dont have to go through the pain of adding int/leeching/doing less dmg/ making a new char...

and please put cd on mage ultimates and buff their bossing that shyt ruins any actual grinding on your own class

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1