1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AzamatBagato, Nov 23, 2017.

Do you also think the vote system should be edited to prevent bans like these?

1. Yes

56.8%
  2. No

43.2%
  1. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    8:27 PM
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    1:27 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    How about you just vote once every 24 hours like everyone else? Not hard...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Avro

Avro Mano

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    2:27 PM
    Avro
    Bowmaster
    Note: All votes are public.

4. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    2.9 Vote Abuse - All forms of vote abuse are prohibited. Vote abuse constitutes voting more than the maximum allotted amount of times that a normal player can vote to obtain additional Legends Vote Cash. This means that you may only vote once every 24 hours regardless of how many accounts you own.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. whoblows

whoblows Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    WhoSUCCs
    I dont't know what to vote. While I do believe that the system should be changed to match GTOP, I don't think the ban was unfair.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    It's not really "unfair bans" if you aren't diligent enough to remember when you voted.
    If you didn't, the main site shows your the exact time you last voted under "My Account".
    Furthermore it is your decision to alternate votes among 2 accounts.
    I'm not sure why anyone would be afraid if you strictly follow the 24 hour rule, or just vote on 1 account.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    1:27 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    If you are wanting to vote on two different accounts that is fine. It is not hard to vote 24 hours after the other account because you can legit log onto your account, go to account info and see when it says you last voted. Legends doesn't own GTop100 so they cant do anything with the timer that they go off of.

If you are to lazy to check when you last voted on one account it is your own fault.

8. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    This specific case of people voting following the Gtop reset and being banned actually happens very rarely (I honestly don't even remember the last time I dealt with an appeal for it personally.)
    It's make VERY clear everywhere; in-game, in the ToS and on the website that you may only vote once per 24h. Nowhere does it state that it's okay to use Gtop's timers (Which could technically let you get 2 votes within minutes if you voted right before/after the reset).
    If you vote on multiple accounts, take 30 seconds to log on to your other account and make sure it's been over 24h if you don't remember your time of vote.

Changing our vote times to match Gtop's was already discussed and it would only lead to a whole lot of issues with vote tracking/abusing, so it's not happening at this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Or they could stop praying and make sure they follow the voting rules.
    Just a thought.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Following the rules means, that you double check that you are not doing anything that would cause an error.
    You not checking for your last vote time means that you did not respect the rules.
    Just like how you would still receive a speeding ticket if you told the officer "Sorry I didn't check my speed".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Would it be possible to implement a check system that checks if a user has voted from their IP within the past 24 hours? Right now the voting system only checks if the user's account has voted.

That way the user won't be directed to GTOP, and it removes the possibility of unintentional vote abuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Humans do make mistakes, which is why a vote ban is not a permanent one. The first ban is your wake-up call.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    GTOP had/has that IP check giving tons of people problems (try having a brother in the same house that votes). Somehow even voting on the same mobile network got blocked for a little while. Just look at your account and try to vote fairly. It's not that hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    Checking the last time you voted on your account(s) is so easy to do...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    GTOP allows you to vote once every 12 hours. MapleLegends allows you to vote every 24 hours. So just because you can vote on GTOP doesn't mean you can vote on MapleLegends.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't properly read your reply. My comment is completely unrelated to what you said

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  16. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    2:27 AM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Would it be difficult to change the ML's voting system to follow GTOP? I do think that having a reset timer everyday can avoid situations like this, also it is muuuch more user-friendly. Under the 24hr system if you forget to vote precisely right after 24hrs for a few days you'll eventually have to skip a day of voting to reset it to a more convenient voting time AND you'll also need to dedicate some effort to maintain your voting time so that you won't lose another day of voting. FoxF1

17. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    2:27 AM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    at least u hv 1 thing right..yes..it's a shame..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    7:27 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    But hey, atleast you didn't get banned during the Christmas event/bonus exp, so you're not really missing out on much.

I remember getting banned for KS-ing when I just started playing (Didn't know it was illegal here, ksing used to be the culture of old school maple >.>). And missed half of the summer event.. yeah that sucked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:27 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Getting banned for ksing is only a 3 day ban the first time it happens so your comment is pretty much bullshit lol. Can't miss half of a 1.5 months event if you get banned for ksing for 3 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    7:27 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    Topkek my memory has been foggy it was such a long time ago , felt longer then it was back then, probably cause it happened over the first weekend, (I think) when the maple tree was booming non-stop, missing out alot of pearls is probably what made it dreadfully long