1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Cash Gach entirely

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by alchemy, Dec 3, 2017.

1. alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    9:43 PM
    I used to play on Royals, but what made me lose interest is that it is very easy to simply not the play the game. You can just stockpile nx, blow it on gach, and buy leech.

When i asked around on the discord about this server, everyone said that cash gach was pretty much useless, can't sell AP resets, etc. Essentially no ways to turn the free vote nx into mesos, except maybe smega/owl service.

After hearing some people say they get good stuff from cash gach I tried 11 tickets myself just now:

I got a Shield attack 70, Steely and a few equips that NPCed for something worthwhile. To me, thats pretty damn good. Especially for really not doing anything.

I really like the concept of gach just coming from mobs, and hunting gach is clearly much better, but I can get unlimited cash gach tickets for free, yet spend 3 hours at mannequins and not get a single hunting ticket. Shield attack 70 is worth more than anything i've ever gotten from hunting gach.

Maybe I did get lucky, but if all the staff insists cash gach is useless, why not just remove/severely nerf it to remove any doubt?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. R0wdy

R0wdy Pink Teddy

Oct 1, 2017
    12:43 AM
    R0wdy / PPFingers
    Spearman, Assassin
    Nah. If you want to blow all your NX on gach and buy leech, that's on YOU. There are others, myself included, who either spend the nx on other stuff, or spend it on gach but then use the mesos on other things.

It's easy to not play the game here as well, but that's not really a consequence of cash gach, but of individual choices. I haven't bought leech, but mainly because I'd rather spend the mesos on something else. If you'd rather level quickly but blow all your nx and mesos, that's entirely up to you. And there's nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean we have to change the system as it currently exists.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mhmm. there are a lot of stuff that are gacha only, if the cash gach is to be removed, they are bound to move to monster drop/have the drop rate increase.

if hunting gacha becomes common, mages are going to control the market even more, as they will get gacha+leech money for their time.

the hunting gacha is far better than the normal gacha, so even if some1 can stockpile nx for a year, a player who's active will get so much more from the hunting and all the other stuff he'll get that the 1 year gacha becomes irrelevent.

Sorry if i said something twice or had any spelling mistakes, wrote that in loading screen for a game of league <3

4. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    12:43 AM
    Solstice
    To most people that gacha run would be considered pretty trash, shield atk 70 is nice but the rest of your pulls...

There's people who don't need/want to spend it on AP resets/fashion. It's an option, there's no good reason to take it out even if it's crappy
    What would be the point of severely nerfing something that already sucks?
    If you're an active player hunting tickets > cash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    So, my thought for that, was maybe add them as a boss drop rather than increase them from mobs.

6. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    imo still not a good solution, people are already timing bosses for those scrolls/equips and once in a while some1 complains about them not being able to finish a quest line due to no mobs for days.

imo the solution is nerfing a bit the cash gacha and buffing the hunting ones, altho i think its a good way for newcomers to earn some fast mesos

7. OP
    OP
    alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    Yeah definitely not area bosses, i was thinking have zak/HT/pap/pianus spit out a handful of them. This puts the money into the hands of non-mages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:43 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Then mages would be at a disadvantage since they are normally not invited or viewed as attackers due to their low DPS in boss raids.

9. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mages will never be at a disadvantage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    What is the difference between cash gacha and hunting gacha?

Hunting gacha has higher chance for white scroll or something?

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:43 AM
    Moderator Post
    Cash gach can get WS as well

12. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    Any other differences between cash gacha and hunting gacha?

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:43 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its just the rates. Also, hunting doesn't have equip junk.

14. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:43 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Cash gacha does include white scrolls.
    The difference would be that hunting gachapon does not include junk items.