1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best class for a solo experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rayjaco1, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rayjaco1

Rayjaco1 Slime

Dec 5, 2017
    Male
    Detroit, MI
    4:13 PM
    Nitrogen
    Priest
    None
    Hey everyone, wondering which class would be best for me... I just joined so i am unfunded.

I don't have much time to play every week, so maintaining a consistent time online to manage regular training partners or guild activities won't be possible.

Therefore I was wondering which class would be best for me so I can enjoy the game during the time I do get to play.

I am thinking warrior might be a good one to play. Not sure if i'll ever make it to 4th job so what would be fun to play in the meantime?

2. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    10:13 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Any magician require no funding at all. They also put out decent damage even without any good gear. And if you ever get more time to play to go hardcore your magician will come in handy for funding another main character.

Or you could just play mage all the way and sell leech and do what u want except for being good at bossing.

Mages are also the fastest grinders 120+.
    (Ice mages are fastest 30-80)
    (Fire mages are fastesr 80-120)
    All are pretty equal 120+ when it comes to grinsing speed but clerics have more partybuffa like holy symbol, ressurecting other players and door.

This is what i would do if i wanted to do most with the least time and help from others. :)

3. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    3:13 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I´d play a luckless f/p mage. Teleport gives you tons of mobility so you wont lose much time walking around, you dont really need funding cause all the AP going to int already gives decent damage and it´s not as boring as cleric lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Tho fire poison is hell from lvl 30-80 because of no AoE spells. Only single target fire arrow which kinda sucks. When they get to lvl 80 ish they are the fastest grinders around.

5. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    3:13 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Oh I actually enjoyed lvling 30-50 but yea up to 70 may not be that easy. In the other hand I liked fire arrow since it motivated me to look for challenging mobs rather than going to the well-known populated areas... but yea no AoE spells which mean not as fast lvling but depends on how you have fun playing the game :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Bowman, assassin, corsair all REQUIRE hp washing to be able to boss at a decent time endgame.

Buccanneers, warriors and bandits should hp wash to have some extra HP to have an easier life at bosses. But its not an absolute must.

Mages dont need HP wash.

Meaning if u create a casual char like the one i mentioned first, but then decide to keep playing for end game you would need to remake the char to be able to horn tail at level 155.
    This is something alot of people dont know and should really be included in the startup info for the given class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:13 AM
    Crusader
    I've been soloing mostly due to similar reasons, and while I do agree that mages are fun, warriors aren't too shabby either. You won't see much of a difference between any of the three warrior classes at second job, though I'd advise against DK as they benefit a lot from HP washing.

People say that warriors are boring but they're versatile and able to train wherever they want. You're also not particularly effective or ineffective against certain mobs – sans maybe some of the flying ones that always dart out of reach – so you can change your training maps whenever you get bored. Questing is easy too for similar reasons.

Warrior equipment do not depend on your secondary stat, which means you'll get to change your equipment often and wear fancy armour and hold fancy weapons unlike LUKless mages who are stuck with certain weapons and can't upgrade their armour. If you like the idea of working towards your next set of equipment, then you could consider playing a warrior too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    You know... maybe bucc? they got those i-frames and super saiyan mode. they aren't top dps'ers but they sound decent all around and are welcome in any party for their speed infusion buff. They have some cool attacks that aren't too close up but if you do master the rhythm of those iframes -- up close an personal is where it's at ;)

daaaaamn I just made bucc sound juicy AF didn't I.... excuse me while I go make one for myself xD

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    best solo class before 4th job probly dark knight fun and easy to train wont be triggered by not being able to shoot stuff from mob clutter flashiest 3rd job skill xd

• Like Like x 1
  10. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Why AwlehAwleh? Why do you disagree with me? FoxF4

But yea, I gotta agree with you that any flavour of mage is a solid choice. In fact, you've piqued my interest in I/L and I might pick that option if I create a third character in the future. My crusader just got robbed blind by my gunner so a self-sufficient class is definitely an appealing choice for me now.

11. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I disagreed because i misclicked agree OnionBaby

I totally agree! And tbh i think warrior seems way more fun. And a really solid point about changing to new gear compared to the boring lukless mage life.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    1:13 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I used to play an assassin back in the days, and never thought I would enjoy playing as mages. I decided to give bishop a try as people recommended it for being one of the best starting class, and I am now in love with this class. Being able to sustain myself without needing to worry about funds, accuracy, and gear allows me to focus on other parts of the game and be stress-free.

That says, I would strong suggest any mage class to you if you have never tried them or don't completely against playing them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vince1776

vince1776 Mano

Dec 2, 2017
    Male
    America
    Culper
    Bowman
    Hermit sounds fitting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    1:13 PM
    From what I've seen on other servers, once a F/P reaches level 70 it's rocketship up from there. You put your 1 SP into poison mist and go kill some skelegons and you're like level 100 in a few days.

Not sure if this works here or not though.

Also lvl 70 chief bandits can level like crazy by meso exploding a bigfoot. But again, not sure if it works here or not. Also it looks like meso is very hard to get in this server (everything in FM is so cheap lol) so it might not be feasible to meso explode your way to glory.

• Agree Agree x 1