1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosses hitting damage and about dark knights

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by GalLegit, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    3:55 PM
    MrRogers
    Priest
    Because AGGRO. The party determines who gets seduced and this prevents anyone else from being forced into the body and thus eliminates the need for a higher HP level to survive touch damage by the tail; jumping into the head is only for fun if you have nothing better to do. Thus, touch damage is ruled out and you only need enough hp to survive a few hits from HT's other attacks.

In response to your reply of 2x faster: hero's brandish is not 2x faster but the hits per minute in comparison of the two classes get farther and farther apart over time. The animation length for crusher vs brandish is just too noticeable. And that's what your concern is -- correct? You asked whether Drk or Hero had more DPS if they both had comparable gear; it then comes down to total hits per minute. Sorry for sounding misleading on the earlier example; I don't have quantitative data that would serve as evidence -- only just eyeballing and roughly timing both skills via youtube vids of said classes; clear winner is Hero.

2. ttcorona

ttcorona Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    7:55 AM
    nzcorona
    Hero
    Deathsoul
    All your questions have been answered you're just being difficult man

3. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    12:55 PM
    Sure.

HT, PB, BF and Targa are the only bosses where you have to plan your HP. Zak Krexel Papu etc. anybody can do, and stuff like bodyguard and anego is only meant for ranged (and you won't be touching them unless you fall alseep so it doesn't matter)

HT: I wouldn't go in with less than 7.5k total HP. This is assuming you have a zak/scar helm (if you don't you need more but anyone doing HT should have one). By total HP i mean however you get there, whether it's with HB or Meso Guard or godly Pig Ribbon hat or whatever.

Targa: you need around 8k total HP

PB: not in this version of MS

BF: you need 13k total HP to guarantee surviving 1 touch.

4. OP
    OP
    GalLegit

GalLegit Slime

Jun 3, 2017
    10:55 PM
    Warrior
    so its 5.6K for survivng without HB? i mean, thats the amount of dmg you will be gettting in practice.
    sorry if im being annoying, i just want to finally realise this.

1)There is nothing wrong in a discussion about the topic.
    2)some questions havent been answered/fully answered, such as: bosses dmg other than HT, the mystery about the 5.6K number for HT.
    3)some questions need more than just 1 answer.

5. OP
    OP
    GalLegit

GalLegit Slime

Jun 3, 2017
    Warrior
    hm, i thought papu did 5/6k dmg, which still requires washing for some jobs. and ranged jobs will still be getting dmg at anego and the like right? so how much dmg do they do?

6. Prestige

Prestige Slime

Oct 24, 2017
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    I think papu does 5k or less (plus 1/1), but yeah if you wanna solo it as a NL you probably need to wash. However anyone can do it with HB.

Anego you won't get hit at all unless you f*** up, so no worries. At bodyguard's (the big boss) I think hits around 6k magic so you need HB or need to wash. Yeah I do remember a lot of Big Boss parties with DrK in them to give them HB, now that I think about it.

Come to think of it, I remember a lot of noob BM's dying at pianus while soloing. I think they do 4k+ magic. So you will need to wash (or be very high level) to solo.

But with HB you can do pretty much any boss in the game as an unwashed NL except for HT and BF.

8. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
  9. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    You are going to max Dragon Fury (Spear) even if you choose to build hybrid.
    Grinding with massive spawns (like Petris): Use Polearm Fury
    Bossing & grinding with normal spawns (like Skeles): Use Spear Crusher and Spear Fury.

10. Awliya

Awliya King Slime

Nov 12, 2017
    It's 2017
    How do people not know sky skis are the best weapon for DPM for DK

11. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    You mean that even with the best polearm -- sky skis will do more damage with Fury than Pole-arm Fury??

12. djinnmy

djinnmy Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Spearman
    To answer the grinding after level 130. At that level you should have berserk 20 and beholder 10, as said, spears does higher damage with stabbing so with berserk and the additional mastery, you don't need to rely on polearms.

13. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    ok now let's step away from "maple logic" and step into reality; What's going to cleave and AXESTUMP in TWO -- a spear or a BIG F**KING AXE WITH A REALLY LONG HANDLE*

*note: the long handle is for extra leverage.

14. OP
    OP
    GalLegit

GalLegit Slime

Jun 3, 2017
    Warrior
    now, i think i saw something about a Toad/frog boss in the server. is there any such boss in here?