1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

4th job advancement / Night Lord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bobowolf, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Bobowolf

Bobowolf Snail

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    11:07 PM
    Beginner
    Hi all, I just got to level 120 and now a NL. problem here is, i am super confused with the whole skill book / story book situation. The mastery is pretty straight forward, you'll need the base book (0-10) first, then use mastery to allow for subsequent level advancement for a skill.

Question is, how does a skillbook work? how does a storybook work?

What are the recommended skills that NL will need? I know TT for sure, but how do I get that skill? What other skills are there (for bossing and mobbing) and where can I get those books/quest..?

I've look into the guides online but not too familiar, given that some of the skill names are completely different as of now.

Please advice guys!

2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    6:07 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    -Triple Throw 10, Skillbook drops from zakum. you must go in, and loot it (not tradeable)
    -Put 1 point into Shadow star/claw so you save stars :3 and 1 on shifter just to play shifter game. but you want to lvl and get TT20 before you max anything else.
    - dont really need taunt right now (get from el nath pq, but need a stanceless warrior to enter easy mode)

3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    6:07 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Don't quote me on this because I am still new to the 4th job realm.

Story books are like quest items that you need in order to complete certain skill quests, so I will see them as glass shoes and ancient scroll.

There are different ways to obtain different skill books: mob/boss drop, party quest, npc quest...I found this skill/mastery books guide made by NaviNavi very helpful. I suggest you take a look.

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    9:07 AM
    Story books are generally for secondary skills for thieves.
    You must hunt the book, and it'll open a quest for you to obtain the skill.
    Ex. Warriors > Rush, Bishops > Res, Shadowers > Smoke.

Skill books are skills dropped by Zakum. You don't have to do anything besides loot the book from the boss and double click it.
    You are given one when you hit 4th job (Maple Warrior).
    Ex. Triple throw, Angel Ray, Advanced Combo, Advanced Charged Blow

Mastery books are the books that you use to further progress your skills.
    All skills cap out at Rank 10 when you first get them.
    Using a Mastery Book 20, will allow you to add skills up to 20.
    Using a Mastery Book 30, will allow you to add skills up to 30.
    Some skills max cap at level 10 (Res).
    While some max out at level 20 (MW).

30 Books have a 50% pass rate, while a 20 book has a 70% pass rate.

For Nightlord the most important to get is definitely TT, obtained by Zakum.
    The others aren't too important, (Storm and Ambush).
    The core of a nightlord for bossing is TT, Shifter, Shadow Claw and MW.

• Informative Informative x 1