1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Knight Mastery (resolved)

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by FistaCuffs, Dec 31, 2017.

1. FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    11:55 PM
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
    So, I'm going to preface this by saying I dont know everything there is to know about mastery, so if I'm wrong, please don't roast me. My friend is a Crusader level 114. His range is 1934 - 3533. His minimum range is 54.7% of his maximum range. I'm a 106 Dragon Knight, my range is 924-2658, my minimum range is 34.7% of my maximum range. Am I missing some important calculation here? I have both polearm AND spear mastery maxed with sky skis (i can use any polearm / spear and the results are about the same)

2. Awliya

Awliya King Slime

Nov 12, 2017
    Quit comparing apples to oranges

Weapons have different ranges
    Dex also has a pretty notable factor on minimum damage

A bunch of other shit that might matter here

Not a bug

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
    Well it shouldn't be dex, both me and the other person are dexless. It could be weapons, and that's what I am curious about. IK different weapons have different attack multipliers, but do they also have different mastery multipliers? Because both hero and dragon knight get 60% mastery from their mastery skill, but his range is 20% tighter than mine.

4. OP
    OP
    FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
    Most classes it seems the average is 54-57% just from asking random people

5. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Crusader
    AFAIK spears and polearms have a large damage range, and I'm assuming your crusader friend uses a sword, which has very stable damage in comparison. So methinks it's just the way spears/polearms are.

Blunt weapons and axes have unstable damage too; you might wanna check with axe and BW users to see if their damage is more unstable than the sword wielders.

6. OP
    OP
    FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
  7. Arny

Arny Mano

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Elfin
    Shadower
    Twice
    I'm pretty sure the minimum range is irrelevant in 3rd job because it includes the lower attack multiplier (80%? idk) on spear swing/polearm stab. If that's the case, your effective minimum damage would be 1.25x higher after 3rd job.

edit: DrK also gets more mastery in 4th job iirc

8. OP
    OP
    FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
    120 White Knight with BW 1412-3530 .4% and his range is 1956-3533 with sword 55.3% so it looks like you are right merky. Just htought it looked a little off, maybe im wrong sorry for the post :x

9. OP
    OP
    FistaCuffs

FistaCuffs Mano

Dec 8, 2017
    Paralyzed
    Dragon Knight
    Simplex
    Arny, i hadn't even thought of that lol.. wow lol.

10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Few things you need to realize when comparing,

1. You probably don't have the same equips and stats
    2. You are comparing 2 different weapons (Different weapons have a higher/lower multiplier)
    3. You are 2 different classes (DrK's in 4th job have a skill that further increases their mastery)

So no it's not a bug, don't worry!

11. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Crusader
    No worries. I figured that certain weapons would have a larger damage range but I didn't expect the range to be this large too.

That is a very good point too that I didn't think of.

12. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    The link: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-formula-compilation/

This is my go-to for damage calcs; However, I'm not sure if legends uses the same formulas. (However, the formulas mirror what Merky and Hyoon were saying).

**Rumor has it -- that if this discussion get interesting enough -- Navi will show up and literally copy + paste the relavent lines of code into the discussion thread**