1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map owner abuse?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by LeftBawlSack, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    10:30 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I think that is a solid idea , make several chanels pvp , a place for ksing and competition wile leaving the rest for kamping

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:30 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    WHAT IF YOU WANNA TAKE A SHIT?

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:30 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm thinking how this would affect Bigfoot maps. Cus a lot of times you have lower lvl mapowners that seek out BF hunters so they can get toes or let's say save it for their guildie.

With the new system a lower lvl char could see the BF but won't be able to hit (accuracy issues) and some asshole hunter might come along and snipe it and maybe even refuse to give the toe.

It's an interesting suggestion but I feel like it would take away from a largely important community based aspect of the game. Guilds, alliances, BLs, etc etc

4. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Then you dont desreve to boss , muhahaha real bossers use diapers like jet pilots ^_^

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 4
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    "Save it for their guildie" that is still in a way a mule camping for you though, because the person who found the BF shouldnt be able to "own" the BF just because he found it and be able to give away the BF as if it was his property as a gift to someone in his guild.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:30 AM
    Crusader
    When I was camping at the Tae Roon maps, I was training on the mobs there too. Sometimes Tae Roon spawns and a moron drops into the map and steals the kill while I'm trying to hack and slash my way past the pandas. I don't see how I don't get priority for killing Tae Roon if I camped there for the boss (not holding the map for someone else) and I'm able to hit the mobs and the boss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Add a verification right when the boss spawned then..of mobs killed per minute or something. Whoever killed the most mobs in the past minute, is automatically assigned boss owner? If the player doesnt hit the boss for let's say 10-15 seconds the bossowner becomes free for whoever hits it first.
    This would solve people randomly coming in the map and taking the boss when it just spawned and this would solve the problem of mules holding maps because they wouldnt be able to hit the boss. I assume...

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    9:30 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    J>NightMareZ

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:30 PM
    I've also suffered this mapowner mechanism with bosses like bigfoot and anego (this one not very much since its really hard to get I may have killed under 10 anegos in my whole "life" in this server and I dont care that much) But I have to say that I've also taken advantage of that mechanism (having my leecher to seek out and keep a bigfoot for me while I'm killing on other channel) I've never done that with a mule though (yikes) but what can I say? Do we want to remove the mapowner and start an even bigger drama? Or making a different system, a custom like one? Separate mobs from bosses? In my opinion you need to deal with this system, the rule is clear: "The mapowner command ALWAYS decides who owns a map" If you want the map, then you need to make up an strategy to get it. It is frustrating, yes, but we need to deal with it no more no less.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    4:30 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    1:30 PM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Can i freely rush ANegos/Bigfoots into people plzzzzz w/o getting banned for harassment :D

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. sushipls

sushipls Mano

Aug 5, 2017
    I dont see why we have to even change the system to boss owner or anything. The GMs who enforce map owner should just refuse to enforce bans in the case of obvious abuse. For example if they get a report from a level 30 character that is obviously a mule who cant kill anego, they should just not ban the "ksing" character who killed the anego.

I think in all cases with a little common sense it is obvious what should be done in each situation from a fairness perspective.

Examples:
    2 Level 70 players fighting over tae roon, map owner take priority and ksing player punished.

2 level 150 players fighting over anego, map owner take priority and ksing player punished.

1 level 30 player and 1 level 150 player at anego/bf/crow/whatever, lv 30's map owner should not matter and 150 player should not be punished

This doesnt solve issues like mapowner being stolen when going to fm to hs before kill, but I think it counteracts the most obviously abusive situations.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    How about a simple new rule that says,

"A player may hold only one mapowner at any given time."

So if you open multiple clients and camp out at many anego channels, that would be against the rules.

How to enforce: if you suspect character A and character B are the person holding multiple maps, call GM and report. GM checks the IP address of A and B. If the IP address are the same, GM disconnects A and B which would cause them to lose map ownership.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Chaosluck

Chaosluck Mushmom

Oct 21, 2017
    Male
    Assensio
    Assassin
    Abyss
    loophole - Hotspot from phone for a laptop.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Just allow ks wars, ez game ez life

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    people would go that far?? / how many people got 8 phones for 8 laptops?!

17. Chaosluck

Chaosluck Mushmom

Oct 21, 2017
    Male
    Assensio
    Assassin
    Abyss
    I personally know a guy using 5 , unfortunately.
    People vote abuse , whats the issue to do something that brings you even more profit ? for them of-course..

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:30 PM
    Moderator Post
    Mapowner timer will be reduced from 10 minutes to 5 minutes real soon. It was suggested it was already 5 but apparently its not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mtyler

Mtyler Slime

Feb 20, 2018
    Male
    DirtySmurf
    Assassin
    Incest
    Here here

• Like Like x 1