1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician Bella's Bishop Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Bella, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    1:12 PM
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    You need 1245 TMA with Genesis 20 to 100% 1-hit Ulu 2.

2. OP
    OP
    Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    3:12 AM
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI

I'll add Oblivion 3/4 in, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, the chart was not created by me, this has been raised in the past - it's from 2009 GMS & I won't be updating it, it's a close-enough reference.

3. House M.D.

House M.D. Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    10:12 AM
    Oh this chart? It's actually from MapleSEA. You can tell by the "Mong" reference (Mong is what MSEA people call Himes. Of course the official name of the monster is "Dreamy Ghost")

[​IMG]

Yeah the numbers in the chart are derived from calculations, so they might not be 100% accurate. Except for the ones he marked with a *, he says those were tested in-game. But like you say, they're close enough.

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    6:12 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yes ulu2. I'm talking about ulu1.

5. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    Didn't you say 100% 1hko for slygie is incorrect? Slygie is from Ulu 2.

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Ah yes you're correct. My bad, I'm sorry!
    Anyhow, even with the Slygie magic att I can't 1hko veetrons, let alone slygies. I can't 100% 1hko veetron with 1140 (yeah I leveled f3) magic.

7. House M.D.

Apr 1, 2015
    Question: does Mana Reflection work in this server?

In some servers I've played, it actually works and people pump points into it. It reduces the magic damage you take like the skill description says.

8. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    1:12 AM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    After getting hit several times by skeles with and without Mana Reflection, I don't think so?

Edit: I meant the dmg reflection works but it doesn't seem to decrease the dmg taken

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  9. Ever

Ever Mixed Golem

Jun 23, 2017
    Female
    Ever
    Islander
    Team
    I believe it works.

10. JayChou

JayChou King Slime

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    JayChou/BlackAF1s
    Night Lord
    Noir
    Yeah, all of them are right for the most part and fyi petrifighter 1h for bishop with gene 30 is 1595 :boo:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    The skill description is:
    By drawing an incredible inner strength, enables one to reverse the flow of Mana back to the monster, returning the damage received from the monster. The returned damage cannot exceed 20% of maxHP of the monster.

I don't think it's supposed to reduce damage taken, it's a reflection skill.

12. House M.D.

Apr 1, 2015
    Power Guard skill description says pretty much the same thing. And PG reduces the damage taken by the warrior.

13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Reflecting stuff means not taking it. Do you know how colours (in physics) work? You reflect what you don't absorb. If it's a reflection skill the dmg shouldn't be taken by the reflector.

Note: I'm not trying to offend or anything. Sorry if the comment feels violent or whatever

14. OP
    OP
    Bella

Bella Mixed Golem

Nov 7, 2015
    Female
    attach
    F/P Arch Mage
    ethereaI
    Sure, but the way the skill is worded seems to imply that you take damage and return some of it.
    returning the damage received from the monster.

Who knows.

15. Mime

Mime Snail

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    11:12 AM
    Ping
    Islander
    I was wondering if the calculations had been done for 2 hitting even for the total magic attack being too low. I am a Pure Luk Priest from another server. I figure by the time I start putting points into gen I will have 260-300 total magic attack Depending on how scrolling some of my higher end gear goes. Do you or anyone here know what the blank numbers would be or how to calculate for them? I am only lvl 74 currently, I was just curious about the missing information.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Agonize

Agonize Blue Snail

Jun 29, 2019
    Male
    8:12 PM
    Antagonism
    Warrior, Magician
    Hi Bella, can you please tell me which weopens to use from 1-200 if im going luckless and reccomend me which gear to have as an endgame?

17. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm trying to figure out what to max out first after SR / HS, can anyone explain how Elemental Resistance works? It says it reduces damage from an Elemental attack but what constitutes an elemental attack and how does the damage reduction work?

18. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    From this guide:

Level 25: [​IMG] Light Purple Umbrella, 39 magic attack, 7 slots.
    Level 30: [​IMG] Green Paint Brush, 45 magic attack, 7 slots. Bought from Shinta in Showa.
    Level 40: [​IMG] Yellow Umbrella, 52 magic attack, 7 slots. Dropped by Lunar Pixie, Trucker, Clang, Death Teddy.
    Level 43: [​IMG] Nocturnal Staff, 58 magic attack, 7 slots. Given by the quest, Cleaning up the Streets.
    Level 48: Diao Chan Sword, +1 INT, 60 magic attack, 7 slots. Awesome because it's common, so it can be used for INT gear. Dropped by Cloud Fox.
    Level 54: [​IMG] Heart Staff, +2 INT, 68 magic attack, 7 slots. Awesome because it's common, so it can be used for INT gear. (hidden-street is wrong saying it is for Magicians only) However, it requires 43 LUK, so realistically it could only be used by Thieves. Actually a wand even though it's called Staff. Obtained through Gachapon in New Leaf City.
    Level 70: [​IMG] Black Umbrella, 85 magic attack, 7 slots.
    Level 70: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Elemental Wands, +1 INT or +1 LUK, 85 magic attack, 7 slots. The different versions represent different elemental boosts. 1 is Fire, 2 is Poison, 3 is Ice, 4 is Lightning. Obtained through Gachapon.
    Level 75: [​IMG] Kebob, 90 magic attack, 7 slots. Obtained through Gachapon.
    Level 130: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Elemental Wands, +2 INT or +2 LUK, 145 magic attack, 7 slots. The different versions represent different elemental boosts. 5 is Fire, 6 is Poison, 7 is Ice, 8 is Lightning. Obtained through Gachapon.

19. iJiraiya

iJiraiya Snail

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    México
    iJiraiya
    Bishop
    Sadly
    I recently heard about the elemental boosts, wich wand boosts bishops damage?

20. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    bishops don’t get boosts from any ele wands so you can use any of em