1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Castellan Toad - Info & Thoughts

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    4:25 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    If nerf was 100% confirmed, would a poll be created to ask for what people believe would be a suitable amount of HP needed? Such as poll for 7k, 7.5k, 8k? (just using random numbers for example)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:25 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    7k - 7.5k hp requirement +1

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:25 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Make it require 7k-7.5kish hp and it should be fine, make the boss accessible to melee jobs as well if required but don't make it as easy to hit as HT. SeemsGood

To all those saying that people had the chance to wash before 200 and to get the crazy ammount of hp required, you must remember that a lot of people that care about this do so because they joined when the competition for ranking was at it's peak and HT was considered the endgame boss with no possible additions in sight. Just think about that for a second before commenting. Having 7-7.5k hp is already 2k higher than HT requires so it seems to me it should be good enough.

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HombreGuarra

HombreGuarra Mano

Apr 30, 2017
    11:25 AM
    Camper
    18750 HP pre-HB sounds fair.
    Hero master race

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  5. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:25 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I agree with deribou here, just make it scale with HT dmg and maybe make it so you need like 190 to do 100% dmg to it? kinda like 155 on HT and i forget what the boss is 170 or something.

that being said washing for like 2yrs+(however long it would take to get 9k or w.e) to do toad that might drop a stonetooth LuL mind as well not do it and just stick with ht book drops :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I've mentioned this before in some way, but I'll say it again here because it is very relevant: Let high levels (190+ or maybe even 200 only) gain base HP in some way. I totally agree with the fact that HP washing is important in this server, but there is no reason to punish the people that play(ed) this game the most, which is the extremely high leveled. Of course there would have to be a cap in case you washed to high levels previously, so you don't get insane base HP.

You can adjust the cap of it to fit whatever you want to release now or next time, and give players the option of either to remake their characters and hp wash more, or level to extremely high levels, which sounds like a very fair trade-off to me.

This solves the entire issue of people not having enough HP because it was not released previously, because they have the option to level for it, or they are already at the required level to benefit from this system.

(Also, just lower The Boss accuracy requirement, there is no reason to exclude it for warriors)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Make it 200 more than franco's hp :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Renegade

Renegade Mano

Aug 14, 2016
    Male
    Perion
    5:25 PM
    None
    I'd say leave it as it is, the time has finally come for warriors to be able to do late game boss on par with 'The Boss', but if one does manage to get to 9.6k clean base hp (non-melee class), they should be rewarded however. "They don't have to but they chose to"

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  9. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    I think I'll feel dead inside if I got 9.6k hp

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    Marksman
    Agree with Gang, I have 2 opinion on this.

1) Nerfing bosses set precedence for future "nerfs"

Once a custom nerf has been made, we open a can of worms on future nerfs on any bosses with the premise that "it has been done before, so it can be done now". I might not be speaking for all on this but my opinion stands that this presents itself as a short term solution to a long term problem.

2) Instead, implement a system for high lvl-ed characters to gain HP.

I believe finding an alternative for characters to gain HP (perhaps even accuracy through equips like rings) serve as a longer term solution. For the higher leveled players, it is an incentive for them to work towards improving their character yet still giving them access to potential content in the future. For players who are currently washing for crazy HP, they will not see their effort "go to waste" as the others are simply taking an alternative that is reasonable and equitable to all.

We can argue that this takes away a nostalgic factor but isn't nerfing / buffing contents something already "non-nostalgic". It is paramount to keep important aspects of nostalgia yet leverage on necessary pockets of improvements over the course of time; therein beneficial to the growth of the server.

P.S I have enough HP for toad anyway kek

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    That's exactly how I feel XatEmo

12. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:25 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    So not only do ranged have the highest amount of dpm, we now also have to nerf bosses to make them more accessible for those classes....

People only talk about the boss, but what about anego? Ranged classes can pin it while watching a movie whilst melee have to eat crap and spam pots. All this talk about balancing, the only thing that needed possible balancing regarding toad was the questionable exp gain; which has already been addressed. Not really sure why people have to compare toad and boss when clearly Neckson intended each boss to have different standards of requirement in the first place.

On the note of toad drops being monopolized (aka STs), pretty sure every ranged class of decent lvl has been farming YSS from anego (which has been possible for the last 2+ years) for basically free, why should toad be nerfed to cater to ranged classes after the complete biased disparity between ranged/melee for the last few years the server has been around?

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    would anyone like to party up for this? if youre trash at Jump quests, dont bother kappa. but for real... anyone?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. Dhampir

Dhampir Red Snail

Jul 15, 2017
    Male
    Dracul
    Night Lord
    Beaters
  15. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    show AP window though

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Please nerf the hp to at least around 7k range minimum.

The old maplestory was meant to be a team play where everyone had their own roles in taking down bosses. With the lack of end-game content, I don't think restricting people who don't do EXTREME hp washing would be a good idea. Most people would probably quit after horntail some time due to burn out and the addition of toad would be a great way to keep people motivated to play the game.

With regards to the boss, the accuracy problem should have been dealt with long ago anyway. Why restrict people to such good late game content in the first place... Even if the original maplestory wanted The Boss to be for range classes, it can be changed to make it more user-friendly.

For those arguing that they have wash to 9k+ to have sufficient hp, good luck finding teammates to toad with you if the hp requirement is 9.8k.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  17. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    LOL

19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Censored already. Does the staff want feedback or not? What happened to this server honestly

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Make a proper formal post for once, instead of your childish meme emote spam. Seriously, I am so done with your attitude in this server.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.