1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scammer alert! x watch out! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fred, Mar 19, 2018.

Should x get banned?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Fred

Fred King Slime

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    7:39 PM
    KPMG
    Bishop
    FAITH
    Hi All

Someone who pm-ed me after i posted a smega made me realised that I am not the only one who got scammed by this user IGN x, Level 50 assassin, with another main account behind which funded him for his "roll dice scam", which in fact the last time I checked, he was still in cc1 fm hunting for potential victims!

The scam was on roll dice bet, where he logged off or simply refused to pay up after his loss on a certain bet/series of bets. I tried to attach screenshots but this forum just doesn't allow my uploads. GM if you see this, kindly pm me and i will be more than happy to provide you evidences upon request.

My question is: is betting via roll dice legal in the game? If it is, then is such an act considered and constitute towards a scam? If it then is, then I believe everyone who have read the Code of Conduct of MapleLegends will know what are the implications and consequences of such an act. If it is not, are GMs doing anything about it? Or allowing scammers such as x or even his main account (behind the scene) to roam about freely in this amicable and nurturing environment of old school MapleStory players? I hope not.

The amount i lost is minimal, i could donate them off without second thoughts. But such punks in the game should be rightfully executed to maintain the integrity and righteousness of this game. My two cents, and GM, what are your views?

Thank you and have a happy mapling experience everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:39 PM
    Moderator Post
    Like we've said in countless announcements and in-game; if you bet, record all of it. Any other way there's nothing we can do about it.

.. Or just don't gamble with the roll command.

3. OP
    OP
    Fred

Fred King Slime

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    KPMG
    Bishop
    FAITH
    Hi Kim

Thanks for your input. As I mentioned in the post, forum could not allow me to upload the pictures taken as evidence. Could you advise where I can send these evidences to?

Thank you!

4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:39 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Witch hunting isn't allowed in these forums, delete your post immediately!
    TriHard

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    7:39 AM
    You can use any photo uploading site for example "imgur".

I am also not a big fan of witchhunting for whatever reason (exposing names to make the person look bad).
    If you have any issues (with proof obviously), report it to us privately on forums.

6. pholaffle

pholaffle Blue Snail

Jan 23, 2018
    Male
    7:39 AM
    Bionaut
    I/L Wizard, Gunslinger
    I did LPQ with him, he was pretty rude and prickish

7. OP
    OP
    Fred

Fred King Slime

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    KPMG
    Bishop
    FAITH
    pholafflepholaffle haha seems that I wasn't alone, oh well if you go to ranking he has probably quit this character. Level 50 anyway, most probably a mule or a half-f washed assassin.