1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

No level cap for PQs

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Sepio61, Mar 19, 2018.

Should level caps for party quests be removed?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    1:43 PM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Being a high level character is great because I get to explore areas of MapleLegends that would be too dangerous for a low level character. However, it also means certain party quests are unavailable to participate in anymore. I miss being able to do party quests such as KPQ, LPQ, and OPQ with my friends and I think it would be great if they had no level cap (or a level cap of 200). I would like to be able to do these party quests without the hassle of having to make a new character just to play them again. HPQ has no level cap and I think other party quests should be given the same generosity. This is why I am requesting that party quests have no level cap so they can be enjoyed by us high leveled players again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. hongjoo

hongjoo Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    2:43 AM
    Make KPQ, LPQ, LMPQ, OPQ mules? SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I specifically said, "I would like to be able to do these party quests without the hassle of having to make a new character just to play them again".

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:43 PM
    Moderator Post
    Level caps will not be removed. Bishops are not supposed to be at LPQ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. johntulett

johntulett Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Northwich, UK
    7:43 PM
    Jourin
    Page
    I think there is a good idea in here. Maybe having a separate option? So a lvl 100+ doing Kerning Party quest would get next to no benefit and nor should they. However if there was an option for say lvl 30+ only (not allowing under 30's in) just for the sheer fun of it.

Maybe it could be a laugh?

Obviously doesnt fit the BBB style of maplelegends. But just food for thought :)

6. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    Maybe to keep the PQ balanced so it is not too easy for high leveled characters is to limit the skills that can be used. For example, since LPQ can only be played by 2nd job characters, only 1st and 2nd job skills can be used in the PQ while 3rd and 4th job skills are disabled.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    How more custom do you want to go? Honest question

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I would be perfectly satisfied if the following is applied to MapleLegends:
    1. Level caps are removed or raised to level 200.
    2. Future job advancement skills are disabled to prevent the PQ from being too easy (depending on the party quest).

This would benefit the community trying to play in PQs by making it easier to find members for a party and being able to play in PQs without having to be in the small level span that they are available.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:43 PM
    Even with 2nd job skills, any decent NL can easily hit 20k+ with L7, which would 6 shot Alishar.
    Having any level beyond the required level for the PQ makes it too easy already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I'm generally against removing level caps from the PQs, especially ones like KPQ and LPQ, but if I were to have the upper cap removed on one, I would probably pick Pirate PQ for two reasons:
    1. It already seems like it is an unpopular/under-populated PQ
    2. It gives those who are 100+ the opportunity to organize some runs to get the chair (like yours truly. Selfish-ish, I know, but I've heard other people mention this)
    I wouldn't even support removing the level limits on those other PQs even if the other job skills were disabled. No thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    PPQ would be cool ^

If other PQ's got their level cap removed, the exp would have to be decreased heavily when someone above the level cap enters. So much that it's not profitable in any way, and is only meant for fun.

12. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    HyoonHyoon I thought it was only a Joke that could 6 shot Alishar MapleF17

Removing level caps on PQs would screw up some quest rankings MapleF3

13. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    11:43 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    why not just make it so that high levels can only pq with high levels (lvl 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100-110, 110-120, 121-200) and required completions for pq rewards (glasses lolxd) be increased per 10 level increment (lvl 60 36 completions, lvl 70 37 completions, etc)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    1. Killing the monsters and bosses in PQs such as KPQ, LPQ, and OPQ is already not difficult to do even during the level span they are available. Thus naturally it would be easy for high leveled characters to defeat them. Despite that being true, it does not take away the experience in other stages of those party quests that require cooperation. This includes stages where party members must stand on the correct numbered platform to unlock the door to the next stage, stages that resemble a jump quest to complete, or a stage like LPQ level 5 where each party member goes through an individual door to acquire tickets.

2. The purpose of high leveled characters being able to do low leveled party quests is simply for fun, not for experience. The experience rate for high levels would be so slow that they would have no reason to participate in low leveled PQs unless they are helping low leveled people gain levels quicker. For example, I have a 125 Hero that regularly does HPQ to help 1st job people level up quicker despite not even gaining .01% experience per round. However, I still do it because I find it fun and I am helping low leveled people gain levels at a faster rate compared to training and questing (although training and questing is still an option for those that do not wish to participate in PQs).

15. OP
    OP
    Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I do not agree with this because it does not solve the issue of making it easier to find party members. In fact it would make it more difficult the more higher leveled you are. Most high leveled people are not going to be doing low leveled party quests so it would take a long time to find enough people just to do only one run.

16. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    11:43 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I know for a fact that some high leveled players would love to grind LPQ to chaos glasses. Regardless of that though, would you rather "spend time finding party members" or not to do the pq at all?

17. Guest69

Guest69 Slime

Jul 30, 2017
    2:43 AM
    This sounds like whole lot of programming to do. This is more custom compare to gms-like

18. Yamcha

Yamcha Slime

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    Bad idea because the high levels will carry the rest and one-shot everything, ruining the challenge of the PQ.
    It might even be abused to the point where it becomes a service, just like leeching or selling map ownership.
    "Pay me and I'll blitz you through the PQ"

19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Going close this topic, since a level cap removal is not going happen. If you have feedback for other PQ's (which is atm off-topic) then please create a new thread for PQ tweaks instead.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.