1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about old maple?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syncrinity, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    3:42 PM
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    Hello everyone!

Most of us are here because of our love for old maplestory. There's also a different vibe to a server that's operated by people that genuinely love the game. That awesome community drive to enjoy something we loved back in our childhood is what makes this server amazing (in my opinion).

With that said, as individuals we all like and dislike different things about old maplestory. If any of you are willing, I'd love to have a discussion about that topic. Allow me to begin!

Like: I love the rewarding feeling of progressing in this version. In the time it took me to get to level 45, I would be almost 200 in new maple. I find the challenge of getting to a high level very addictive.

Dislike: I've always been bothered by the massive influence that mage characters have. In new maple it's nice that every single class is able to train at a viable pace. However that forces alot of solo play which has its issues as well.

What about you guys?

2. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    12:42 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Like: The "feeling" of the game is really amazing to me. Even though it is a 2D pixel side-scroller, it manages to be so immersive. There is a genuine feeling of wonder when you come across a new area, or nervousness when poking around in "deep" areas like the dungeon or path to Zakum. I think it is really special when a game can make me feel strongly like that ^^
    Dislike: In the original, the quests were so brutal and gave barely any exp :( There weren't too many either, but I guess there were a lot less areas then too. So since there wasn't really an alternative, it was all grind all day

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    I'm still doing the endless grinding. It gets tedious but it's very relaxing at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    12:42 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ah ya I know what you mean! Grinding is mysterious in that way haha. I think it helps also if you're the type who enjoys small repetitive tasks like that :)

5. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    Honestly, I just spam heal while watching Anime. My night then passes by completely stress-free. Maple has a nice mind-numbing feeling to it.

6. Mouse

Mouse Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Canada
    1:42 PM
    Mouse
    F/P Wizard, Assassin
    Like: the original noobs
    Dislike: the original grind lmao

7. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    Brings back fun memories of chilling on my relaxer and waiting until my health restored... Back before I knew what a potion was :laugh:

8. Zoolander

Zoolander Slime

Feb 18, 2018
    Male
    2:42 PM
    Zoolander
    Bowman
    Like: The 2D design. Nobody has been able to replicate it. Imagine if someone updated/made this game to modern visuals, re-branded it and put it back on the market with no p2w aspect. It would be amazing. I love this server because it has 90% to what im looking for in a 2D mmo. Best private server by far.

Dislike: I guess it would be the lack of equips/weapons at high level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    i really like the soundtracks of maple, I dislike the fact that NX exists.
    Back in the day and even now on global you have to spend a LOT of irl money just for cosmetic looks.
    Even now via voting imo.. 5k nx (which is literally isn't even the vip hair coupon's cost) is really low, but then again there's gacha so meh

10. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    9:42 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I like: the awesome chill and adventureous feeling this game provides. Specially being a low level and walking between towns in victoria island with the background music on. Truly a lovely feeling which takes you back to the good ol days.

I dislike: all the "old players" that keeps whining about basically everything the GMs do.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I like the music of old MapleStory. Always hits me in the nostalgia. I love how in old Maple (Closed Beta peeps would understand) that THE training spot use to be zombies. Or gaining barely .01% when killing something your level because training on something only two levels higher than you meant death. I love the cancer moments of the game that made you rage because they were always the smallest parts like how trolly the dice can be at the start. I live for those moments.

What I hated was when they implemented the "You've been playing for 3 hours. You should take a break." Warning system.... Bitch don't tell me what to do.

12. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    When I was younger, that counter got so high for me. I remember during an all higher with my buddy we had it up to 13 hours. Those were the days.

13. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    i like all gm's but i dislike PoofcakesPoofcakes fu nig

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Mouse

Mouse Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Canada
    Mouse
    F/P Wizard, Assassin
    alksdjlkas LMAO a true legend right here

15. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    It's kinda sad actually. I don't remember a time in my life when I played on a PC without maplestory. That's going back a long time.. Damn I'm getting old OnionXD

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mouse

Mouse Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Canada
    Mouse
    F/P Wizard, Assassin
    nnnnnnnnnn this was literally my thought about 20 mins ago! it's a part of me lmao

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    what i liked about maple is the whole exploring part
    even if you think you saw everything you can still find something new somewhere (beautyful looking hidden maps)

what i dislike the most is the boat system. it happend way to often that i missed it by a few sec
    and than i had to wait 12-15mins for the next one
    OnionPanic

18. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    3:42 AM
    Crusader
    Favourite thing:

My first encounter with MapleStory was at a friend's place, and he was hunting mushrooms in the one of the Ellinia Tree Dungeons. I thought the graphics looked pretty neat, but it was really the music that won me over.

Least favourite thing... grinding can get really mind-numbing, especially for a cleric. There's not much you can train on to begin with, and the maps are pretty far away from each other. I ended up maxing Holy Arrow so I could battle a greater variety of mobs. But generally speaking, MapleStory was one game I really loved and I didn't really mind its flaws that much.

What about The House of the Dead? SWIV 3D? MDK? Test Drive 5? StarCraft? Little Fighter 2?

Good lord, I must be prehistoric.

19. OP
    OP
    Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    Boats must not be mentioned around here,
    Before my PC years I went right back to playing Quest on Nintendo. I even had this little paintball gun that had the standard component cables. It would bring up a came like an arcade with those guns. I'm happy this thread turned into a trip down memory lane, there have been some damn good times.

• Like Like x 1