1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

monster invasion events and items?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by 2ndright, Apr 8, 2018.

do you want to see more summoning sacks and summoning events in maplelegends

1. yes

64.3%
  2. no

10.7%
  3. don't care

25.0%
  1. 2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    8:05 PM
    I am new to the server but noticed that summoning sacks from ludi quest are not rewarded, I assume this is to keep players from killing other players and that is understandable but was curious if they could be changed back to the original rewards, summoning sacks are a part of the nostalgic experience and I do miss when unexpected monsters were randomly summoned, even as a low level, I never mind being killed by summoned monsters, it brought an interesting element to maplestory. Also, was curious if you guys ever did live events like maplestory, by this, I mean do you guys ever summon monsters and bosses in towns? this was also part of the original experience. I believe they were called days of darkness events. anyways just a thought and wanted to know what the legends community and staff thought about it.

2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    We did have a way to obtain limited time summoning bags during last year's Halloween event, so unless GMs didn't like the result, there is a chance that summoning bags will be back in the future.

3. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    11:05 PM
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    Since joining in October, I've never seen a mini event in-game where mobs or bosses were summoned. I would like it if it would happen, though.

4. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    In the original maplestory, you were able to obtain summoning sacks through ludi quest, events and gachapon, if they added back all the original ways to get them, gaurentee the server pop would increase. People like those random encounters, they are what makes an amazing game

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    summoning sacks were removed for "harassment"

6. Nikolai

Nikolai Orange Mushroom

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    New York, NY
    Nikolai
    Warrior
    Basic
    S>25 summoning sacks(;

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    We had them, but then #nooblivesmatter happened and now they're gone

8. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    the creators of maplestory added them in the game for a purpose, they are part of the game and to remove them would be to take away the full experience. From the polls ive taken not just for this server, I have found that a majority of people want them in the game. For the few people who dislike summoning sacks, you need to understand that players like myself want the full original experience and by removing summoning sacks we are denied that. I like all the challenges the game has to offer and every time a challenge is removed, It becomes less accomplishing.

9. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    11:05 AM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Hey 2ndright! I understand that you're feeling angry and disappointed that such a feature isn't in MapleLegends especially since it was present in old school maplestory. You're unable to have the full experience as you've probably had a lot of fun randomly sacking others and being sacked yourself too. So why should sacks even be removed in the first place?!

From what I understand, Kim's point of view is that the main usage of these sacks are used to kill either inattentive users or low level newbs. I do recognise that using them to kill friends for trolling is one of the fun side of having these sacks around too. However, these largely fall under toxic behaviours and Kim's aim of the server is to provide a friendly and sociable server, not just for old maplers but also new players who just started playing maple for the first time.

Like you, I've played maple in the past where random barlogs were seen in kerning and tons of tombstone around. But when comparing between potential toxic behaviours and fun for killing newbies/friends, I would personally side on removing sacks.

I understand that I may not have changed your mind, but I hope you do see the merits in removing sacks. I'm sorry that your experience has been diminished by this removal and I hope that you're not top affected by it. Ultimately, this server is still Kim's "product" and it should follow her directions. Otherwise, it would have lost its meaning . All in all, I hope that you have an enjoyable and fun time here!

10. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    I can see your point of view, and I dislike toxic behavior, but that was not the only thing summoning sacks were used for, the problem is toxic people, not items. The poll speaks for itself, I haven't played on this server since I found out it was anti summoning sack, but will be willing to give it another try if they readd them, if I want a typical sunshine and rainbows game, there are plenty of them out there for me to choose from. By all means, the owner has every right to do what she wants, I applaud her for getting this many players, and I'm just saying that if she readded them into the game, it would make for a more enjoyable experience. I'd prefer to get killed by some monsters then get my account hacked persinaly, if trolls can't take out their crap one way they will find another way its human nature.

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    Summoning sacks will not be introduced by normal means. Even when we had them temp in Halloween last year people put them in beginner shops, houses, etc. While in GMS that barely work out since a higher level person will eventually visit the place, it was horrible here and blocks new people from progressing in the game. While a lot of maps in Vic are blocked now I still do not want add summoning sacks in normal gameplay.

12. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    I see what your saying but couldn't the low levels just change channels? I dislike when they are used irisponcibaly and I do not condone it. But they are a part of the game...... Do as you will, it is your server, if you change your mind, please say so in this thread, also, ever thought about having controlled monster events, with proper warnings they cannot fail, if you need event admins ill volenteer. I don't really play this game but being an event admin would be kind of fun.

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I guess I wasn't specific enough. People are setting monsters in beginner maps in all channels. So no, they can't. Also, this was my response to summon bags, not summon events.

14. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    I would find who ever is doing it on all channels and ban them that is player harrasment without a doubt, but using them to host player events is fun, that's all I ever did on the original game.... I wouldn't let those trolls ruin them for the rest of us.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I know you've registered Sunday, maybe a bit older, but we have tried a lot of methods since 2015. From 2015 to 2017 sacks were completely locked and as experiment we re-introduced them in 2017's Halloween and the same harassment, following newbies to sack them (even CCing and following) and spamming sacks in vic stores continued.

I have zero interest in summon sacks and knowing the experience now here for 3 years and the experience in other servers I do not want introduce them in normal ways, events at max. Summoning Events is something I was never against on and I believe even SerinSerin did one not that long ago, but at same time those need be balanced because the mobs still drop their stuff.

16. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Well, if you don't want to introduce them into the game, that's fine, I just can't find a purpose with maplestory anymore. If you need event admins don't hesitate to ask me, the only real fun I ever had in the game was with summoning sacks and I doubt there is a single person that wasn't employed with Neckson that has more experience with summoning sacks than I.

17. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    12:05 PM
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Only problem for me was choosing monsters that didn't give specific benefits over others + people killed too fast/people getting killed too fast + inability to give fair event rewards to players who joined. Still working on it though!

• Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    2ndright

2ndright Red Snail

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    That's cool, strong monsters are effective because they do not drop the same as a boss also shows boss doesn't drop anything good