1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to ask a question or state a problem

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kimmy, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:45 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Maplers,

Here's a very advanced tutorial on how to ask a question and how to report an issue. Furthermore, I will explain in this very simple but need tutorial on what not to do. Seeing multiple announcements is still not enough, a tutorial is now made which will be immediately linked if violated.
    --------------

>You have a problem in-game

What's this? You have an issue in-game? That's unfortunate. It looks like you need ask for help, so you are going contact a GM in-game using @GM or on Discord.

Generally, we GM's are lurking a lot. We may not talk much, but we observe the chat a lot. This means if someone has issues, we would love to help. However, we GM's have a fetish on details. It means that the more details you give us, the more likely we will help you! Not only that, but we will also do it faster. If you are lucky your issue end up being easier than it is, and even a regular user can help you! Sounds wonderful already, right?

What NOT to do

This are the things you should NOT do when asking for help:

-Any GM here?
    -Can a GM contact me?
    -Can someone please help me?
    -GM I have a problem
    -GM can I ask a question?
    -GM I have an error
    -GM I am error
    -GM theres a hacker here
    -*Ask something and immediately go afk*
    -GM my game keeps crashing
    -GM I keep disconnect
    -GM I got banned
    -GM this guy scammed me of my 2b while dice rolling
    -GM I have a problem installing game <doesn't provide error>

The problem with any of these is that we lack details. I know your intention is to keep it as short as possible in hope we'll respond, with than makes you write more. The reality is that we are likely not to respond because we do not know the issue, we don't know what is wrong, and we don't know if we can do it now. Don't do this, its horrible, but more people do this that don't.

What to do

Like earlier mentioned, we like details. So what you should do is immediately get into the point. This way the GM sees it, and can respond with an answer immediately once we see it. If we don't see it right away, we could send a note in-game, a DM on discord, or just tag you on discord with an answer or solution. That sounds much better, right? Yes, it is.

This are the things you SHOULD do when asking for help:

-Hello. There's a problem with my game. Everytime I go to Free Market my game crashes with the following error <error details or screenshot> is there a solution to this?

-Hello. Everytime I run the game I get an error. It seems to say 'Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D'. Is there a solution to this?

-Hello. My anti-virus seems to say the game is a virus. Is this true?

-Hello. I've heard people mentioning that each map is owned by one person? Can you explain how this works?

-Hello. I've been experiencing disconnect issues. Everytime I get in-game and go to a grinding map the mobs freezes and after a short period I get kicked to login screen. Is there a solution to this, or why does this happen?

While some of the solutions can be found on our forums, this is already a BIG improvement. With these we can immediately respond. Not only that, but a normal user can potentially help too. All the issues listed here can also be resolved by a normal user! This not only makes the work for us less painful, but this makes it also possible for a regular user to help.

Troubleshooting can also be done by regular users, as long it isn't related to abuse, character issues, and recoveries. This is how you should do it.

The other things

The other things left that should go in neither are characters issues, reports, ban appeals, etc. All of these sections are completely private and only visible by staff members.

Here's a list where each should be posted:

Account Recovery:
    Forgot your birthday? Forgot your email? Perhaps your very secured PIN? Here's the place to request to recover that. Do note we need to know for sure you are the owner, so hopefully you'll remember at least some things from your account. The requirements are on the sticky.

Character issues:
    Have a problem with your account? Lost an item? Somehow can't login on one account but you can on other? Post a thread in the character issue section. Likewise for those topics as much details as possible is important.

Report Abuse:
    See someone violating a rule? Write a report about it. As usual the more details the better we can investigate into the report, as well as taking actions if need. Once again everything is private, so go all in on the details and proof.

Ban appeal:
    Did the auto ban false ban you? Write here an appeal about it. Please remember that ban appeals are NOT for valid bans, which means if you did actually violate a rule that we will not reduce or remove the ban. It will stay with no exceptions.
    ------------------
    Ending

I felt like writing a guide for this, since 4 announcements on discord is still not enough. I know this guide will not be enough either, but people can now re-direct users that are not specific with things to this very guide.

Have fun!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.