1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GoodBye MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by SonicBurrito, May 2, 2018.

1. SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    12:47 AM
    SonicBurrito
    Fellow Maplers it is me JohnyBeGood and I would like to say that I will be leaving the sever due to the "upcoming" changes of channel reduction. Reducing channels "To make the sever look busy" is the worst way to solve a simple problem of people leaving due to a sever not "looking busy". Reducing channels is almost a direct nerf to mages and their way of gameplay.

Mages rely heavily on leeching due to their high mp cost which no one seems to give a fuck about... Mages aren't made of money and will make nothing if unable to leech. Leechers will leech anywhere from 8-16 hours and with 4 channels that only leaves a handful of players that are able to leech. Kimberly also states that she doesn't like "AFK LEECHERS" when you keep the game as closely to vanilla as possible well you are going to have the same outcome.... If you don't like "AFK LEECHERS" then get rid of HP WASHING because that is completely based on AFK LEECHING and get rid of HS. If you don't change the game mechanics then the game will be played exactly like it was LEECHING.

You have to remember eventually all loyal players will make late game which means they will be grinding or leeching in those maps you just fuck late game all together and make it a cluster fuck of horseshit. I already fought enough for maps at royals which had 20 channels and now you're going to have the same problem here except 10x worse. Enjoy listening to the noobs who are lpqing and can't find anyone because the reality is they never will find anyone due to no new players coming in on a regular basis and the game naturally getting hard to grind out 80+. There will always be that huge gap of new players and old players so stop trying to fix something that will not be resolved unless you change the dynamics of pqing all together.

Here is a simple idea that took me 2 minutes to think of make any of the early pqs if not all the pqs accessable by all players no matter what level. Make exp given based on what level they are to encouraged a simple fun leveling experience(capping at potentially 70) and simply give good rewards(LIKE AP RESETS). It will mash new players and old players together while keeping pqs busy and a fun way to gather AP RESETS (SO YOU DONT HAVE TO SAVE FOR A WHOLE YEAR TO WASH A NL PROPERLY).

Anyways JOHNY OUT #NEOSMARTECONOMY

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:47 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    relax dude, nobody said channels r officially being reduced. its just a thread for discussion..

3. O1Kanoby

O1Kanoby Slime

Aug 10, 2017
    3:47 AM
    Bruh some things I agree with you on.
    There server needs to add the party quest to the maps that are alrdy here. And add the bosses to the maps that are alrdy there.
    Makes no sense to add Ulu and no krexel boss Crimsonwood keep with no pq or even Magatia with no romeo and Juliet pq. These are just some of the flaws. They talk about being a v62 server but clearly they've added maps above v62 that are not complete with their bosses and pqs.
    The HP washing should be optional. Etc.

4. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    You change hp washing now the players that did it legit did it all for nothing and will not be recognized for their hard work after saving for a year. All you have to do is make it easier but not that easy just a way so you don't have to sit on your ass for a whole year.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    https://imgur.com/a/3iNiThZ It doesn't matter what we say "THEY WILL BE REDUCED"

6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:47 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    y not make ur opinion heard instead of just throwing a tantrum and quitting? i agree with u that its a legitimate issue, but just saying fuck it doesn't rlly fix anything.

like i said, there was no official announcement. its just something that kimberly said in shoutbox.

7. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    I already voiced my opinion but people just downvote me like I don't even play the game so you know what I'm leaving it's not a big deal I only put 1 month of time in at least I didn't put 7 months in to only find the server gone the next day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:47 AM
    Moderator Post
    There are way more reasons for the reducing of channels but 'make it busier' the server got countless times more easier due to way more bosses compared to 2015. There was 9 channels added when we reached 1000~1100 users online and its just clear its been much less now.

You can complain all you want but I just don't want this many channels in my server with that low user count. Making this thread won't change that.

Your registration date is 2015 but you now say you only played a total of 1 month, which makes it really confusing. Are you just here to throw negativity around?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    I tested all private severs go look at character creation dates Kimberly... I'm sure you can figure it out I never played here and I went to royals so I could wash a NL in under a year. Kimberly don't you realize HP washing was never intended to be in the game.. yet it stayed because it made money so why continue the tradition that is so painful................................... Changing the amount of channels brings more negatives than positives but obviously you don't see that at all and complain about leechers that apparently don't play the game. Why don't you tell those noobs that can't find anyone to play the game with to just play the game solo because reducing channels is going to make them stay %100. Then you go on to say "We will add dungeons" which forces players again to play alone in their own map. Great way to fix the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. KrisNardz

KrisNardz Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Female
    Old Forge, Pennsylvania
    KrisBishop
    Bishop
    None
    Jeez, tone down on the frequent cursing and swearing, SonicBurrito. You don't have to unleash so much negativity about the server with one post. :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So you went to Royals because you couldn't stand the way the original game worked?

The reason why I kept washing is because we are a GMS-like server, and because we operate since 2014, which was way before washing became legendary hated (back then people knew about washing but the hate was much less bad than it is now since the arrival of 'anti wash servers'). We were still compared a lot with Royals because they had tradable NX and more nx a day, but never did we hear comments like 'remove washing' and such things.

This is now becoming a thing however, and we are now a 3 year old server.

As for the channel thing if you were here since 2015 than you should just understand that the adding of channels was very limited. You can pretty much ask every 2015 user how long it stayed at 4 channels (at begin it was even 2 channels) until the population boomed happened, where it slowly moved to 6 then 8 and at 1000 9.

I am not saying it won't ever be 9 again if we were to get as populated as back when we got 9 channels. I am also not saying that no changes will be made before the channels get reduced. I am however saying that eventually the channels WILL get reduced, because I want them reduced.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    Tone it down when Kimberly is trying to tell me I never played GMS it's like sh
    I went to Royals for easier washing in shorter amount of time. You realize Royals got wiped and their new source is buggy so I never bothered that is why I came here because it's stable and works great Kimberly I will say that but reducing channels just makes the game worse for every one. Honestly I had high hopes for this sever Kimberly but changing the game for your own personal opinions because you want it that way is a problem. You said it yourself Kimberly "Because I want it reduced" you don't care about the players at all and that is my first problem with developers like you.

Kimberly I know you're not changing your mind that's why I wrote I'm quitting for every one to know.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If I didn't care at all than I didn't even made that topic and just went to reduce it. If you were to actually read the topic you see that more are for the change than are not, so I am not sure what you are talking about here.

You are the only one reaction this badly about a change that haven't even happened yet, while pretty much 3/4 of the other are supportive and agree that there's too many channels now. However, you probably see those people as 'noobs' anyway.

Anywho, I am done in this topic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    SonicBurrito

SonicBurrito Mano

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    SonicBurrito
    Kimberly did you even read your own post many people stated issues on top of mine yet you just ignore all of them what positives does your idea bring.... Oh ya that's right so all the noobs will stop leaving the sever so you say because it's not busy. Is that even a legitmate problem? Just sounds like a lazy buncha noobs I leveled my main to 120 in a month with many people who helped me a long the way and I was a new player. I never left I logged in every god damn day and dedicated my life to it and made lots of friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. xEternal

xEternal Timer

Aug 21, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    3:47 PM
    xEternal
    Bishop
    Plug
    Lol what do u mean noobs. As if u can do btr than those "noobs". Speaking from a view point as a person tat sells leech , reducing channel doesn't affect me in any way. Amount of channel will still be sufficient to meet our demands . Amount of people that are willing to buy leech are reducing overtime as well . Besides why are u so proud if u are leeching all the way to 120. That's the real definition of being a noob LOL .

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    bye

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    3:47 PM
    Coming from someone who used to leech everyday, I don't find reduction of channels a problem at all. In fact, any time I hop into a petri/ulu2 map it would be empty. Heck, even ulu3 is leechable now (w better exp). You need to calm the f down and stop throwing shades and being salty. Admins here are doing the best they can, throwing tantrums and leaving an angry thread just isn't charming at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. imChunners

imChunners Red Snail

Apr 3, 2018
    Male
    STRAYA
    5:47 PM
    Chunners
    Assassin
    Natural
    Just putting this out there, If like you have any gear or meso left, Im MORE than happy to hold onto it for you

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    2:47 AM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    unpopular opinions get shit on in the maplelegends forums, sorry buddy

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    acting like a shit gets shit on in the MapleLegends forums.

• Agree Agree x 5