1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Buy-Back function in general stores.

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by PerfektAim, May 16, 2018.

1. PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    9:30 PM
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha
    Hello,

I want to talk about a quality of life function in general stores. I couldnt find any about it in the search function so..

In GMS I remember having a buy back tab in the general store. When you NPC'd a whole bunch of stuff you could buy it back for a minute or so. So if you'd accidently NPC your throwing star instead of recharging it you didnt lose it.

Lately I've npc'd etc stuff that I needed for a quest by accident. Really sucks to have to hunt that again. Is it possible that this option's added?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:30 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I think it's a bad idea. Putting aside the possibility of loopholes (ie using it as alternative storage method), it takes away part of the old school/challenging aspect of the server. Sold something by accident? Happens, but too bad. Maybe next time you'll pay closer attention, or keep an item on you a little longer to make sure you don't need it for another quest. Plus, the more risk you take out of the game, the less emotional and fun it becomes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The UI for buy-back wasn't added until big bang and cannot be in v0.62 without the use of commands. We have a mapletip up that you should be careful what you NPC because accidental selling does not get refunded. I guess you were not careful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4:30 PM
    Some nice practices you might want to do is putting all your important equips to the top (so you will never run into NPCing them).
    Also to be careful when recharging stars, NPCing steelies is eh, but you don't want to NPC your balanced furies!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    PerfektAim

PerfektAim Slime

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    PerfektAim
    Outlaw
    Aloha