1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

About STRless/LowSTR Crossbowman

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by SirTeddy, May 17, 2018.

1. SirTeddy

SirTeddy Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    3:30 AM
    SirTeddy
    Beginner
    hi,
    I actually have 2 questions
    1.Right now I have a lvl 52 bandit with a 14 dex robe. I was wondering how do I cover for the lack of def?
    2.I want to start a Crossbowman and was wondering if lowSTR/STRless is worth the investment and if it is how should i do it?

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    8:30 PM
    Lack of DEF won't change too much, as items such as ZHelm and Scar Helm have very high DEF.
    STRLess XBows can be easily done with the maple weapons, but I would suggest converting to low STR as you get higher levels to be able to wear 100-110 XBows.
    You can be Low STR by obtaining items such as STR shoes, STR Overall, ZHelm/Scar Helm, Pendants, Cape etc.

3. OP
    OP
    SirTeddy

SirTeddy Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    SirTeddy
    Beginner
    so at what point do you convert to low str?or should i start at low to begin with?cuz from the look of it i can only use the lvl 10 crossbow till lvl 35 when i get the maple crow

4. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Yea your pretty much gonna use that lvl 10xbow (maybe slap some 100% xbow attack you can buy npc) untill 35 don't add anything to STR, get a nice maple xbow or lvl 43 to hold you over untill lvl 63 where u can get a different variation of the maple xbow(can't remember name). Don't worry the additional DEX from not adding to STR will help your damage even though you won't be getting new xbow's all the time. I believe there is also a xbow you can get from crimson wood exchange quest that does not require STR and its lvl 8x. You want to keep your base STR low as possibly try aiming for around 60 STR it's a nice good low number if your not super funded for lvl 9x,100 so you can equip metus/nisrock. But you don't have to rush to add to STR at those higher lvls work on scrolling equips. For example I'm lvl 155 Bowmaster still like 5-10 STR short to equip lvl 110 Dragon Shiner Bow, waiting for my horn tail pendant.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    SirTeddy

SirTeddy Mano

Apr 29, 2018
    Male
    SirTeddy
    Beginner
    Ok i think i got it.for archers its pretty easy making a strless then.one thing tho.the maple nishada (lvl 64 xbow)is expensive as all hell...why the hell is it 5mil?i thought xbow epuip are cheap....

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    That's nothing F3 and youll save a lot buying cheap 60's that ppl basically give away and 30's are like what 1m?