1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduction of Donor NX for IGN change

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Blonde, May 19, 2018.

1. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    12:29 PM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Dear all,

I've been toying with the idea of changing my ign to a username that has already been taken, in fact, I am pretty close to making it happen. However, the only thing stopping me is that it's really expensive. I really think that 50k donor is a tad too much, I could have a really good meal with that money hahahaha. It'd be great if the price could be revised. Hoping to hear the good news soon.

Best regards,
    Bronze

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its only that expensive if you want take that IGN from someone that is inactive. Taking names shouldn't be cheap, because who knows that person do come back and find out his name is gone. Though, I gotta say that I didn't heard that happening yet.

It exists so the option is there, that's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    12:29 PM
    Blonde
    Bowman
    Understand where you're coming from, but $63SGD for a name change is just too expensive for anyone, any reduction would be great. But appreciate your reply, thanks.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:29 AM
    Moderator Post
    Checked out of interest of that statement and a total of 21 users have used the already existing username change since its implementation. Anyway, the prizes won't be changed right now, since like mentioned its there just in-case you <really> want that name and someone that left took it long ago.

Furthermore, it would be unfair for those 21 people that paid for it, for it to be permanently reduced. Maybe a sale someday, but that's it.

5. wobbuffet

wobbuffet Red Snail

May 15, 2018
    6:29 PM
    Wobbufet
    Warrior
    An interesting way to reduce the price could be charging users 30k~40k donor nx and in addition, tens of thousands of voting nx. It would convince more people to change their names rather than being too intimidated by the 50k price tag and learning to live with it, which is a win-win scenario. It seems way too easy to turn a 30k ign into a 50k one, and so many great names are being lost because a casual player owned it for a day and quit.

Edit: and maybe the early name changers could be compensated somehow for paying 50k donor nx for their names if a price reduction were to occur. I'm sure they would be more than happy to receive the difference in donor nx back.

Last edited: May 19, 2018