1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase APQ Key Droprate & Lower Apple Droprate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Konnui, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    2:47 PM
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    Hello~ Apq so far has been a wonderful addition to ML.

What I am suggesting is an increase in the Lip-Lock Key droprate, 10 of which are required to be collected as a prequest to doing apq. I understand more frequent apqs would mean more apples, which is why I also suggest lowering the droprate for apples during the bonus round.

Collecting keys is not as fun as the pq itself (go collect monster cards instead!), thus these changes would allow us to enjoy apq for what it has to offer more frequently, while not increasing the number of apples on the market.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    I don't see why increasing keys would mean the apples should be decreased, since you still have the same 6 hour limit. I will look again at key drop rate, however.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    11:47 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    +1

(even though i haven't even tried playing apq...)

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    If this is the only source of apples, i see no issue reducing the apple droprate.
    we did an apq run this morning and got 2 apples total.
    last night we got 8 total.

this was great because, we did HT last night and used the apples we obtained in APQ before we ran HT. Most attackers will use apples to boss instead of selling. The Apple droprate is random each PQ. i dont think its "too much" droprate

Keys should be increased IMO.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:47 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If I recall correctly, on GMS the drop rate was pretty common...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    1:47 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    I agree 100%. Because there is already 6 hr cool down per run, I do not see much of reason to further increase the drop rate.

Correct. The old GMS used to take ~2-5 minutes to collect keys compared to ~15-30 minutes right now.
    Now, I don't think drop rate should be as ridiculous as gms, but any increase in % should help.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:47 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well on the other hand, just because GMS did something a certain way, that doesn't mean Legends should. I'm just pointing that fact out because I know they love to be GMS-like most of the time...

Just imagine if the key drop rate was insanely low, but the crystal boars and crystal eyes also had decent exp and dropped equips, mesos, scrolls, and ores... and you could get more apples from APQ than now. We could have some questionable economy going where noobs farm keys!

8. OP
    OP
    Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    These are all valid points, thanks everyone who replied c:

The main objective of my suggestion is to not prevent players from enjoying apq for what it has to offer in terms of puzzles and overall party quest vibes.

On multiple occasions I find myself not having the will to collect 10 keys + having to help 5 others finish collecting their keys just to do the pq once. The pq itself does not take long to finish, it's probably just as long as collecting the keys themselves if the party knows what to do.

In an abstract sense, although we can only do apq once in 6 hours, with this change I'd predict more people doing apq, thus warranting a reduction in apple droprates (they are probably too high, one time we got 14 apples total)

9. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    1 time we got 8 apples another time we got only 2. its all RNG, and it is the only way to get apples. i do not see the issue. Also, if multiple ppl farm keys different chs. (put 2 ppl per ch) key farming is super fast

10. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The apple drop rate is pretty ridiculous, from my personal experience. Apple prices dropping from 4m to 3.5m within a week of APQ release is indicative of that it feels like.

Key drop rate is also ridiculously low even with the slight buffs. I've had occasions where it takes longer to farm 10 keys then it does to do the actual PQ.

11. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    From personal experience i did 3 runs and i got 2 apples in 1 of them and 0 on the others, it might be bad luck, but i don't care too much about them.

Where i HIGHLY need to agree is on the key thing. considering there is a cooldown on the times you can do the PQ, i dont even see the point on making them hard to drop (i don't even see them needed at all, but they aren't harmful either). I see them more as a strange process than anything, cause one of the runs i did, we lost a runner because it took way too much to get keys and she had to leave for IRL stuff.

So i would make them drop with a pretty high rate because that wouldn't affect on the times the PQ is made.

P.S: with all this written, i see now there is a maintenance today with APQ changes, let's hope for the best SlimeGrin (i had to send it anyways cause i used time writting it...so..yeah, y'know SlimeCry)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RICEDUCK

RICEDUCK Chronos

Nov 30, 2017
    Female
    RICEDUCK/MISHKA
    Night Lord
    Tempus
    I've gotten 3 once and then 0 twice and then 1 apple. It's RNG. But I never do this as much as I want because the key rate is so tedious for me.

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I can confirm the key drop rates will be increased next server check, again.

• Like Like x 1