1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by HotPotato, Jun 8, 2018.

1. HotPotato

HotPotato King Slime

Jun 7, 2018
    Female
    8:11 AM
    Hello! My name is Phonthip (pronounced 'Pawn-tip'... both of the h's are silent). Nice to meet you all! :)

I have an on/off relationship with Maplestory, as life tends to take you elsewhere. I do however plan to stay for a long time. Currently, I'm 21 years old, attend university, have a part-time retail job, and live in the United States (Massachusetts, GMT -4). I'll be active mostly during the weekdays, as I work all weekend.

The first time I ever played Maplestory was around the time OPQ was released. Fun fact: When OPQ came out, I wanted to check it out, was too low leveled and ended up stuck in Ossyria because I couldn't kill the monsters (collect mesos) to get back to Ellinia, LOL.

In terms of gameplay I love doing quests -- jump quests are my favorite! If someone has the patience to teach me, I would love to do Party Quests.

I decided to join MapleLegends because it seems (according to the features page) to provide the most authentic and nostalgic Maplestory experience, which is what I'm here for.

Anyway... My IGN is HotPotato, i'll see you all in game! :)

Side Note: I love kpop group BTS and my IGN (and all future IGN's) will relate to them in some way, LOL. I snooped around the forums a little bit and will be posting in the threads "Why Did You Choose YOUR IGN?" and "What IGN did you want but couldn't get in time?", for the laughs.

Edit: Kind of odd, but I don't really have a "main" character at the moment. I joined MapleLegends with my boyfriend, so when he's on I play on HotPotato, otherwise, I'm on SilverSpoon. (I definitely prefer HotPotato though)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bionaut

Bionaut Red Snail

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    Bionaut
    Pirate
    Guildless
    Pleasure to meet you, I'm bionaut. I'm also in New England so we'll likely be playing during similar times (although my work schedule sucks). Hope to see you online!

• Like Like x 1
  3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    8:11 PM
    Crusader
    Aloha~! Welcome to MapleLegends~!

It’s great to meet another BTS fan :D although I’m not quite sure if I can consider myself as an Army because I’m not that familiar with all their songs. But I’ve watched them live when Music Bank came to Singapore.

Also... I realise we’re exactly 12 hours apart. Singapore’s time zone is +8GMT

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    HotPotato

HotPotato King Slime

Jun 7, 2018
    Female
    Hello Bionaut!! Glad to see another New Englander ~

5. OP
    OP
    HotPotato

HotPotato King Slime

Jun 7, 2018
    Female
    I MEANNNN, you don't have to be an Army. I'm not too sure if I would consider myself an Army, I'm extremely behind on VLive and Burn The Stage episodes, lol.

TWEVLE. HOURS. APART.... yikes :'(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Khalili

Khalili Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2018
    Female
    Brazil
    9:11 AM
    Totemie
    Fighter
    SweetDream
    Welcome mister, nice to meet ya!
    Yer like jump quests too, they are real a good test of patience and skill FoxNinja
    Ya should try the Pet Park jump quest for pets, ive tryed it a lot of times but i all ways failOnionItch

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    HotPotato

HotPotato King Slime

Jun 7, 2018
    Female
    I think there are only two Pet Park JQ's, Henesys and Ludi? I'd say maybe 10% of my Maple Life is spent doing JQs. Sleepywood, Kerning, Ellinia... We should do some together!!

The other percentages would be 80% grinding, 2% PQing and 8% Quests. I really would love to do more PQs ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  8. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I don't even watch VLive or Burn The Stage D: D: D: But then again I consider myself a fan of some other groups but I don't really watch a lot of their videos either. I am a very bad fan FoxF4

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    HotPotato

HotPotato King Slime

Jun 7, 2018
    Female
    I believe the only bad fans are those that don't love and cherish all 7 of our boys :'(
    I can barely dedicate myself to BTS, idk how people multistan... so difficult!

10. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I keep up with the latest songs for a couple of groups, maybe watch some videos here and there. That's the most I can do. Sometimes I don't even know all the members of the group but I keep them on my radar.

• Like Like x 1