1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update New area: Shaolin Temple

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Jaina, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    6:41 PM
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    In addition to the summer event, we are pleased to introduce a new end-game region for your exploration: The Shaolin Garden and Temple!

This area has mobs suitable for characters around Level 80 and for characters above Level 130

main.jpg

This area is meant to emulate the olden days of China, where bandits and monsters ran amok amongst the plains and villages. In this era in the Shaolin Temple, strange occurrences has been occurring as of of late, and there are rumours of an increasing amount of demons making the temple their home.

To visit the Shaolin Area, the World Tour NPC Spinel will be more than happy to whisk you off to this faraway land. Talk to her to be teleported to the temple.

surgery.png

With a full complement of beauty outlets, Shaolin has all the amenities you would need to transform yourself!

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 10.19.38 PM.png

Monsters

This expansive land is home to a wide variety of mobs. From studious monks...

[​IMG]

To vicious thieves!

[​IMG]

Wander the halls of the Shaolin temple and explore the reaches of the garden to discover them all!

Quests

11 Shaolin quests have been prepared for the fearless adventurers among us! What will the mysteries of the Sutra depository hold for the Shaolin temple?

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 12.19.05 AM.png

We hope you'll enjoy the new area. See you there!

end.png

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    Some notes about Shaolin Temple / Shaolin Main Hall:

- We used the Chinese version, which means the monsters are their unnerfed version. In JMS they nerfed them to middle level mobs.
    - The spawn rates are from the JMS version with small tweaks. In CMS the spawns were horrible.
    - We slightly altered the EXP (for the better), so they are suitable for the current areas we have.
    - The quests are from the CMS version.
    - The boss is not released yet, and like when Shaolin came out in CMS will be released later.
    - You can collect all the monster cards from the current available monsters.
    - This was in my opinion the hardest area to add so far, for the translation and research alone. Shaolin was NOT well documented.

Special thanks:

- ProTatoProTato for the initial Chinese translations. It was difficult, because it wasn't just Simplified Chinese instead of traditional, but very themed with Shaolin, which is very hard to create in English.
    - NiseNise SiaoSiao for the translation polish
    - PoofcakesPoofcakes For the initial .wz stuff

We hope you'll enjoy the new area, and we'll see you at the next one!

• Like Like x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I've never even seen this area before and it looks super nice, can't wait to play!

4. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    1:41 AM
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    when you said the boss will release later on you mean that one?
    boss scarlion.png

5. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    6:41 AM
    Hmmmmmm ... OnionF6 Maybe .. or not.. :p

6. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    lol this area so new for me :c
    seems like its gonna be fun ^-^

7. OP
    OP
    Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Hope you'll like it! I personally think the map aesthetics are nice in this zone.

8. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    smh
    i cant wait to farm all the new cards mobs SlimeLove

9. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  10. ionian

ionian King Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Ionian
    Magician
    Yes! Thanks for the hard work in bringing this to MapleLegends!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    Looking up the monsters on poof.ml, there is one mob that seems to be currently missing, Gold Giant: https://poof.ml/?p=monster&id=9600021

It looks like this is supposed to be a normal mob that spawns at Sutra Tower 7F. But I've been training there a couple of times since the patch and I can say I have never seen this guy spawn there.

Are we missing a mob spawn?