1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Mapowner changes - 18 July, 2018

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:36 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Maplers,

With the channel reduction one of the major concerns we've received is people hoarding maps, which is completely understandable. Honestly, this was even a problem before the channel reductions.

We don't like people hoarding up maps, especially with characters way lower level than the mobs in the maps.

And this is where the changes come in place.

Starting now map owner is changed to the following (with tweaks coming real soon after):

Old mapowner:
    Hitting any mob grants you map owner, including misses
    Exceptions: None, besides the basic mapowner logic (5 minutes timer, etc)

New mapowner:
    You are now required to be at least 10 levels below the highest mob of the map (or boss), or kill the highest leveled mob/boss in the map*

If you want become the map owner of Parlor your requirements is to be level 120 or above, since Female Boss (Anego) is level 130. Killing weaker mobs in the map will no longer grand you map owner of the map, unless you are 10 levels or less under the highest level monster/boss of the map, which in this case is Anego*

Exception to logic:
    If someone 11 levels below or more manage to KILL the highest level mob in the map, the person still gains map owner. This exception is created for regular grind maps, so the person can still grind at own will while under-leveled.

So example, Ghost Ship 2 has only 1 mob which is level 63. If I kill this mob, I will gain map owner, because its the highest mob in the map. Level doesn't matter for this case, since there's only one mob.

However, if there's one mob level 10 and one mob level 60 and I am 40. If I kill the level 10 mob, I will NOT gain mapowner. I am required to either be level 50 or kill the level 60 monster to gain mapowner.

*Dead mobs are included. So if the boss is dead, you still need be 10 levels below the boss's level to gain mapowner.

Goals:
    - Prevent weak mules idling at boss maps and hoarding map owner
    - Keep grind maps have the same map owner logic by giving person ownership if they defeat the strongest mob in the map. Missing and just hitting NO LONGER gives map owner - only killing does.

We are aware there's rare exceptions (ex: Chief Bandits using meso explosion at bigfoots/himes extremely early, or even Fire Poison Wizards with misting). All these exceptions will be observed this session, and exceptions in the map owner logic will be created to make it fair game for such people.

While not flawless, with this we hope to reduce the hoarding of boss maps, at least so that low level mules are not able to exploit the @mapowner command at boss maps to prevent other players from also enjoying the game.

If you've got feedback on how to improve the system, please let us know. If you do not wish to disclose it to public you can also PM us.

Special thanks to Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll for making this possible :heartbeat:
    And the staff for working together regarding the new mapowner system

Video demonstration by NiseNise

• Like Like x 6
  2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    5:36 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    NiseNise Awesome video!

3. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    2:36 AM
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    A small question.
    how Jr.Balrog map will work with mapowner? since the only mob (boss in this situation) is the Balrog

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Good question, and not one I have an answer for now. Usually people doing Rog are there only for a couple seconds, so probably an exception need be made in the mapowner logic by making that mob a hit instead of kill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DL4u

DL4u Pink Teddy

Mar 30, 2018
    Male
    DL4u
    Hermit
    Simplex
    i think even if its possible to do the first one who enter the map.
    just for the future, so people wont fight if u know what i mean ;p
    or just adding few mobs like those big spear guys

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    The idea behind these changes is good, but it may cause many problems in some situations.

7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    With no info there's really nothing we can do with that statement.

8. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    I know, i will write about that later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DrGains

DrGains Red Snail

Dec 27, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    6:36 PM
    Thumper
    Priest
    Wait, so you need to kill the boss to become mapowner? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of mapowner for bosses, and basically allow ksing, or am I reading it wrong? Not that I boss yet, just reading. :l

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    8:36 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    For F/P mages who are misting, upon finding an empty map there will be a 40 second period (before poison drops them to 1 HP so they can be killed) where the map can be officially stolen by someone else. This will suck for F/P mages (like me) but perhaps it's a balancing nerf for the class that levels the fastest during 3rd job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No, you need be 10 levels under the boss's level. If you meet that, you can kill any mob in the map.

12. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    In the context of maps with minibosses/bosses, you can acquire mapowner by killing other normal mobs in the map.

13. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh. My god. X'D

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:36 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Jr Balrog is all alone. No other mobs on the map. The best solution imo is to make it so that only if someone hits Jr. Balrog with no one else on the map, do they get map owner. Otherwise, all it is a bunch of he-said-she-said frivolous nonsense. Jr. Balrog map isn't a map that can be easily claimed without a high risk of mapowner abuse.

poison mist is another weird topic in itself because many times people CC between channels. And you can't possibly be claiming a one channel when you are on a different one. That's just the reality of poison mist. It's a cheesy tactic, and hogs up more map than normal, and it shouldn't be catered to. A lot of times you can do just fine staying on one channel and misting.

For Meso Explosion, you might just have to make an exception on certain maps... or you know, use common sense, and still let other people kill the boss even if they don't have mapowner.

15. Voldy

Voldy Horny Mushroom

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    Night Lord
    *Kimera map has the same issue as JR balrog map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    8:36 AM
    As of right now, before we find a solution, for Balrog situation, we follow our TnC:

3.3 Harassment - All forms of harassment will not be tolerated. This includes rude, hateful, abusing, threatening, or otherwise objectionable behavior both in-game or on the forums. We don’t expect everyone to be best friends with each other, but we simply ask that you respect one another. We have zero tolerance for comments targeting a player’s race, ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, or sexuality.

Harassment also covers intentionally kill stealing and/or looting someone else’s Monster Book Card (which will now be owned by the mapowner). Hence, both cases will be settled by using the @mapowner command, which displays the player who owns the map. For the Jr Balrog map specifically, the one who first entered the map will have pseudo-mapowner, and has the right to ask other players to CC. This is proven by a screenshot with the @time command used. Depending upon the severity of the actions, the punishment may vary, with the possibility of warnings given out for lighter offenses. Punishment: 1st Offense: 3 Day Ban: 2nd Offense: 7 Day Ban; 3rd Offense: Account Ban

17. BBDer

BBDer Mano

Jun 2, 2015
    in miniboss map, can we kill steal boss when other ppl is killing it ?
    cuz boss is the highest lv mob in map and he must be not the mapowner.

18. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    7:36 AM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    Fire Poison Mages will now have problem when cc-ing for better exp while training D:

19. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    Refer to the TnC I quoted above. "... Harassment also covers intentionally kill stealing..." Kinda answered your own question so no, please do not KS unless you wanna get reported. Even if Boss is the highest level mob, if the mapowner is within level range, he owns the map.

20. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Don’t understand your question either - according to the revised mapowner regulations, one will still be conferred the mapowner status should they be within 10 levels of the boss’s level. In which case most people would be or they would have trouble bossing...