1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

First character

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Gooby, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Gooby

Gooby Snail

Jul 5, 2018
    Male
    2:53 PM
    Hey guys, ive played MapleRoyals before as a DrK but constantly shown bishops are the true best first character to make. Does that also apply to ML? can i just choose my favorite class to play and be fine in terms of meso/gear/leveling?

Thanks

2. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    What you consider "best first character"? As long as you don't try to play like "i want to be lvl 160 in 3 days", you shouldn't have any issue playing any char in a style that fits you. (i started as a shadower and im still alive with only that char SlimeGrin)

So, if you really want to play the game in terms of enjoying it, instead of being efficient af, you wouldn't have any issue. (you can go the "fast" way and burn fast too, no one stops you, but i would recommend you the fun way, just saying MapleF3)

In any case, welcome in whatever job you chose! SlimeGrin

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    3:53 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    If I started over today, I would make a cleric on a separate account but concentrate on main class- whichever is most enjoyable. Have fun on the fun character, and grind out the mage if you really feel demotivated to level up the other due to lack of funds
    Just an idea

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. upbeat

upbeat Slime

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    cali, bitchezzz
    12:53 AM
    viceroys
    Cleric, Assassin
    Yeah bishop is the way to go if you're planning on being the server long-term.
    Good way to make money from leeching, no need to hp wash, and you'll get int gear so you can wash attackers that you make in the future.

ofc a lot of people don't have a bishop and it's not required... it does get boring having a party full of clerics for pq's.

5. Drip

Drip Red Snail

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    3:53 AM
    Drip / covLd19
    Buccaneer
    Colors
    A mage first class is usually the best as you can just leech/fund your other characters... With that being said, mages are basic and suck- go make a bucc <3

6. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    12:53 AM
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    when i first started playing maplelegends i created a beginner as my first and only class. whoops but i got him to level 55+ without funding so that's kind of cool.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1