1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Mapowner changes - 18 July, 2018

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jul 18, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:10 AM
    Moderator Post
    I think he's asking if someone can kill steal the boss because you need KILL a mob and he thinks because the boss is the highest level you only get mapowner if you kill the miniboss. The answer is that if you are 10 levels within you can kill ANY mob in the map to claim mapowner. Only if you are 11 levels or below you can only kill the highest mob in the map to claim Mapowner.

2. Hunterloss

Hunterloss Mano

Apr 9, 2015
    Female
    3:10 AM
    Aosh
    Magician
    Cool! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    6:10 PM
    Crusader
    Just a random realisation: most people in maps like Pig Beach won't be able to get mapowner because of the presence of a single high-level mob.

4. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    6:10 AM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    What is the ruling on mapowner if the mapowner dies. If the dead person tries to pass it onto a friend but some random steals it away, what would happen? Also, should dead people lose mapowner immediately?

5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    6:10 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I think if you die you should lose your right to the map immediately, and I believe it currently works like this

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:10 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Nope, if you're dead and sitting in a map you keep mapowner. Basically you can hog it until a friend comes.

Another issue is that Bigfoot is only level 110. People are still using mules to hoard Bigfoot maps because he's too low of a level. I don't know about you but I'd rather not kill Bigfoot on a 10x hermit, so it's pretty clear why they're sitting there. I'm not sure how Anego is but I can see most people still hogging 2 maps with their mage, and some people could hog 3-4. The update is good in spirit but I feel like it only continues to give advantages to people who are already better off. Instead of making things fair for everyone, it's given a bigger advantage to people with more high leveled accounts.

I think the biggest issue with the solution is that it tries to tackle the problem of people hoarding maps, but is written in such a way that it still allows workarounds. It's not a stern ruling to stop people from hoarding maps, it's just made it more difficult for them. It has helped curb map sitters, but at the same time we all know why that level 16x mage is in Anego and it isn't to kill her.

How difficult would it be to allow one mapowner per computer? Let's say you have two clients running, is it possible to make a check to see if Client 1 has a mapowner when Client 2 kills a mob?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LordZeh

LordZeh Snail

Feb 17, 2016
    Male
    7:10 AM
    theMightyZeh
    Beginner
    Hi, I know it's a doubt similar with the Kimera and Jr. Balrog, but what about Pianus, it take time to beat down, it's unique on the map, but I can take the map owner by killing his summons, in this case I need to kill one summon every 10 minutes to garantee the map owner?