1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice on Agent Equipment

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Siao, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    7:47 PM
    Dear Maplers,

As the summer event draws to a close, we hope everyone had fun with us exploring our new content and participating in the event. We would like to take this occasion to revisit the topic on the removal of agent equipment that PietyPiety had raised back in Feb 2018.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/regarding-agent-equipment.19907/

First and foremost, the MapleLegends staff would like to formally apologise to everyone who has been affected by this decision made back then. Making such a decision is never easy, especially when it comes to major changes or adjustments to the server. When it comes to the creation of new events or contents for the server, the team is always full of fresh ideas to excite and hype up the community; be it new nx items, exclusive event chairs (much to the delight of chair collectors), new cosmetics and more. As such, sometimes - we tend to overlook some important areas; such as balancing. It has never been our intention to make unfair or unjust decisions that would implicate players on our server, and we would like to apologise for that.

As mentioned by KimberlyKimberly, we never wanted to keep event items permanent, as we do not wish to have exclusive items that significantly overpower regular items. This would have an effect on meta items which would make them less appealing than before. Ideally, we do not want to create a downstream effect on newer players, as they would not be able to achieve such exclusive items which were launched in our previous events. Such thoughts were overlooked by the team when the agent event was conceived; and as such this decision is on us.

At this point, most would be wondering when this would happen? Well, after much deliberation, we will be removing Agent equips at the end of this Summer Event. This is in alignment with what was mentioned previously by KimberlyKimberly.

While we seek understanding from our players, we wish to let everyone know that we will continue to work hard on bringing better rewards vis a vis proper balancing of rewards for future events. We hope that our heartfelt apologies would be accepted.

Rest assured that we will look upon what happened regarding the agent items as an important lesson to reflect on what could be done, and can be done better. Each and every one of the staff team will continue to work hard to ensure all voices are heard, in making changes and implementations to the game to the betterment of the server. We want to thank everyone from the bottom of their hearts for believing in us and staying in Legends despite such hiccups along the way. Look out for more upcoming events!

Sincerely,
    MapleLegends Admin & Staff Team

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    4:47 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Could we delay this for a bit? My entire equipment lineup is built on dex bonuses where my agent earrings and shoes play a critical role. Replacing them will take time and mesos and would be made much harder if I can't use my weapon while trying to replace them. Overall, this feels like such a short of a notice for the amount of impact this will be having on specific players. Could we possibly move these effects to the start of the next event, rather than at the end of this one?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    7:47 AM
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Hi, as mentioned above, we did send some test signals previously in the form of Kim's posts earlier in the year. We currently do not have plans to delay the removal date at this moment. Thanks for clarifying!

4. 7ravens

7ravens Mano

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    CantCutMe
    Spearman
    Is there any chance this decision is overturned or any compensation given? I scrolled a pair of 13 dex 2 luck earrings last summer and this is the only piece of end-game gear I own/ one of the only good things ive ever scrolled. Realistically it would be worth 100m+ and for a relatively poor player like myself its quite a big blow and very frustrating to see the most expensive piece of equipment I have just vanish into thin air. This also makes me skeptical of future events and somewhat the game itself because I feel like ill never know which piece of expensive equipment that i worked for might just poof next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I was thinking about this too, but I think the idea was that these event items were not meant to be kept permanently in the first place. For example, the incredibly powerful +7 all stat face accessory flags given out during this event are supposed to expire given some time. While both of our equips would have been worth $100m+ when we first created it, it's value is depreciated as it is used. Since we got to use our items for a full year, we've gotten our value. It's best to be glad we at least didn't have to pay for them (since some people paid unfathomable amounts for godly agent equips, thinking they'd last forever). :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    RIP

7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    THIS IS SUCH UTTER BULLSH...oh...I didn't get any of these last year! Never mind.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    12:47 AM
    Bowmaster
    First of all, I don't remember the event costing anything for anyone to scroll the agent equips, unless you scrolled them without the event chaos scrolls; you lose a relatively expensive item, but you also didn't spend money making it. You literally lost no money making it, unless you were unfortunate enough to buy a scrolled one for a high price, don't act so privileged.

Second of all, your skepticism is extremely misguided. The staff apologised for the design of the agent items and said/implied they'd treat event equips more cautiously. 'I feel like ill never know which piece of expensive equipment that i worked for might just poof next' Oh yes, because the GM's will eat all your godly scrolled items for no apparent reason while you sleep. I get nightmares everyday of them eating all my equips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 7ravens

7ravens Mano

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    CantCutMe
    Spearman

First of all, while the event did not require direct mesos to be put in it did require tons of TIME. You needed to collect 100 of the agent documents to even get just one earring. You could only get those through pqs so if you were lvl 100+ you were out of the picture entirely, not only that, but you were lucky to see 5-6 documents per pq TOTAL split between 5-6 people often. Thats roughly pqing 100 times for one earring. Chaos scrolls only work on 60% success and there an equal chance of them LOWERING stats as well so the amount of time you had to actually put in to get those earrings and then hopefully scroll them well even should be considered a valuable amount of "money". Not to mention most people would only have put in so much time because they were expecting the earrings to be permanent.

Second of all, a lot of "godly" end game gear and scrolls come of gacha which is also something that you dont spend mesos on either. You just log in and vote everyday and a week later you get 35 FREE tries and getting white scrolls/ chaos scrolls/ pacs/puacs.

Third of all, there is much more op things in this game then people running around with some good earrings. You have people running around with 20+ att gloves, 15 att+ capes. Who knows what is deemed more op than expected next? Im sure your response would be quite different if YOUR best piece of gear poofed into the air.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Quick question;
    Is there a definitive answer to whether permanent Christmas socks will remain or is there talk of having them removed as well? Just wondering, seeing as they're an exclusive and quite strong, but not game-breaking event-unique item.

11. OP
    OP
    Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    7:47 PM
    Red Christmas socks are not permanent; they have an expiry date of a year. Existing ones in the market should expiry at the end of this year.

If you are referring to White Christmas socks, they are permanent.

12. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    This is an incredibly irresponsible and unfair decision. If the problem is really that new players cannot obtain such items, then make the items obtainable. Bring back these event quests periodically or permanently. Throwing this onto players who have spent countless hours on said items months afterwards is downright cruel. This is borderline common sense, what's next? Are you going to tell everyone the tier ring quest was an event, and can no longer be done, and all obtained tier rings will soon expire? You cannot tell your player-base one thing, then go ahead and tell them the exact opposite months later. This sort of action will not bring up the player base, it will cost you old players, and their recommendation of the server. I don't have a single agent item, so i have no bias here, it's just clearly unfair. I hope you're not too stubborn to reverse this decision before it's too late, a much much better fix to this imo is to just bring back this event periodically or permanently. If you'd really like to, maybe make the already-obtained items untradable (with notice), and future agent items as well. Your decision here is too irresponsible, "You've made your bed, now lie in it"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    It was already announced countless months ago that they were going to expire and they are still going to expire. This is only a reminder topic that we still will do it and that it didnt magically change.

We will not keep the items in-game.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Will we see the agent event again but with expiring gear this time?

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Definitely not with the method that was used last summer.

16. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    you still none-the-less announced it months after the event, this is an irresponsible decision regardless of when it was announced

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Okay? Just because you forgot about it doesn't mean you should toss the blame to us. Maybe you had in your mind that we forgot about the equips, but sadly we didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I didn't know about this until recently, i was taking a break from the game and its community when announced. I only just learned about this and was disgusted by it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    10:47 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I do recall staff mentioning compensation to all those who are affected so my question is how is that going to carry out considering some people will technically lose out more than others?

This will be a messy thing to deal with nevertheless.

20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Don't remember where that was promised, but no there won't be one. Unfortunately, a compensation is more or less impossible because the items are tradable and all over the place.

The people that owned the items had a full year of what I consider overpowered, which I find good enough. If all the items were untradable it would be much easier to deal with it, but like you mention its more or less impossible to compensate fairly because they are not.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.