1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Khanjars are too rare.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bear, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    6:18 AM
    GarBear
    For being one of the core end game items for shadowers, this item is all too rare currently. Presently, you can only get one of these from gachapon. I can't, off the top of my head, think of any other class that has a core end game item bound strictly to gachapon.

Other end game items like ST can be dropped from toad/black crow. It's still incredibly rare and coveted, but at least players have the option of trying to hunt for one themselves. With Dkhanjar, I have no choice but to either gachapon in kerning myself or be at the whim of other players in a heavily diluted market.

I'm not suggesting that dkhanjar be dropped from a large number of mobs or become any less rare as a drop. My recommendation is to have it drop from Samurai at ninja castle (thematically makes sense, ninjas/shadowers etc.) and maybe one other boss, just like stonetooth is. Papulatus has a built in limit in that you have to have a fragment to attempt him, so perhaps he would be a reasonable choice.

The item would still be rare and hard to obtain, but it's not completely tied to just gachapon and gives players the option to hunt for them themselves. Don't we want players to play the game and not just vote, buy a bunch of gacha tickets, and get lucky?

#shadlivesmatter

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MtDowns

MtDowns Mano

Sep 1, 2017
    Male
    AeonsTorn
    Shadower
    Agape
    I mostly agree. it is pretty silly that shads have to rely entirely on luck to even have access to a (practically) required end-game item, unlike all the other classes, just to have it more than likely boom. I guess Mages have their Ele wands though, but at least more than one gach can produce them. as it stands, White scrolls and chaos scrolls are each more common than Khanjars, which is just ludicrous to me.

Making it a Pap drop would be too easy for solo farming though. If anything, making Dragon Khanjar a Horntail drop would be a better choice to help out the availability in the market and also work thematically.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    8:18 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Add it to Toad or The Boss!

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    I agree with MtDowns's suggestion of adding it to a drop of a hard boss. There just aren't too many dragon khanjars around and i don't think people would want to spend all their gacha in Kerning City.

5. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    I agree. It’s pretty ironic how shadowers have to rely on their luck to get an end game equipment

6. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    To clarify, by Samurai I'm referring to Kacchuu Musha. He has 78m hp and currently drops no interesting equips, just a few scrolls. Nobody chooses to solo him AFAIK and he seems a solid choice.

The papu point is well taken. Perhaps HT and Kacchuu would be appropriate choices. Either way I won't have a hope of grinding for either on my own or really in a party until 155+. This would just add the possibility that one day I and other shads would have a chance to. If implemented, we would see more than 2 dragon khanjars in the FM at a time, which seems like a reasonable thing to ask...

• Like Like x 1
  7. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    7:18 AM
    Paladin
    damn thats true it prolly does suck to rely on luck for end game equipment HiyoHiyo

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    solid point, i second this

9. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:18 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    I ghost wrote this post

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Shads in 2018 LUL

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Shadower
    get your ass back here

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. MtDowns

MtDowns Mano

Sep 1, 2017
    Male
    AeonsTorn
    Shadower
    Agape
    I think in general, the shadower population is just hurting to have more access to khanjars and dragon khanjars. If adding them to a boss's drop list is too much to ask, then at the very least these items should be opened up to be produced from other gachapons. If not all of them then at least NLC, Mushroom Shrine, and Showa. I don't think that would be considered unreasonable by anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It has dragon in its name so making it drop form big dragon Horntail would be exciting

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    9:18 AM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    #ShadLivesMatter
    I think it should be just like its brother, the dragon kanzir
    that means craftable, droppable from ht, and also be a gach item
    as it stands, the item is so expensive and rare that i really dont think it makes much sense to buy and scroll it until much later in-game than probably intended
    there have seemingly been more shadowers lately, meaning the price is set to increase even further, and like garret said, it just doesnt make sense that its the only gach-bound endgame weapon, besides maybe elemental wands, either way, elemental wands seem to be far more common than dragon khanjars from gach, so there should be at least a buff in the rate they come in

16. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    4:18 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    PLEASE

17. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    2:18 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    If Neo Tokyo hasn't been removed off ML's bucket list, i'm sure people would be relieved to hear that NT boss(es) drop DKhans. When NT will be implemented however.....is another topic :p

Also the suggestion that they would drop from kacchu musha would be a bit horrendous.....people can solo that boss in 5-10mins....toad/grandpa might seem abit more realistic if anything lol :/

18. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    You're my shadower hero/idol and you're back to shit all over the two posts I've made in 6 months.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    2:18 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    ily rly <3

And im not shitting on any of your posts, i'm just speaking my mind :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. MissRainbow