1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information GTOP100 temp. changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    9:53 PM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    okay i dont mean to sound like an asshat, but i asked if its impossible, so is it possible or is it not? ;p

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:53 AM
    Moderator Post
    Not possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    8:53 PM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Facing some issues with this, honestly. So counterintuitive for the most part. I know GTOP100 resets on EST, but I still have to wait a bit.

I would much rather go back to the 24 hours period. This is not worth the hassle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:53 AM
    Voting twice worked today... even though I did the EXACT SAME THING (voting at work and at home) as yesterday :banghead:

5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:53 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Been 13 hours, didnt let me vote because of the same issue as nubjuleznubjulez mentioned earlier. When refund? :^)

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Everyone that cant vote contact GTOP and give them both IPs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. chocopie1117

chocopie1117 Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    6:53 PM
    krJesus / Miffy
    Beginner, Bishop
    Hello, everyone.

I was facing this message "Please wait X:XX:XX amount of time" when voting after 12 hours.
    I tried voting from my PC and phone but ended with unsuccessful attempt.

However, I did this and I was able to vote !!
    - I turned on my Phone's personal hotspot, connected my laptop to it.
    - voted on my laptop using my phone's personal hotspot (Successful !)

Hope this helped out :)

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So, it's now day 3 and I think its clear that I was right with the things I said:

[​IMG]
    Source: Click here and scroll all way down

Our votes increased from 1300~ to 1700+, which even increased our rank from #4 to #3.

But yeah. Even if we were to go back to 24h I would personally really appreciate if you vote a second time for free on your spare IP's, since this is completely allowed by GTOP and would greatly support us (like you see).

Soon I will put a link on our vote page that allows you to null-account vote, which is basically voting for our server but not receiving any Cash for it. You will vote once for Cash, and the other spare IP's for free. We hope you are willing to take the few seconds to do it, because it will support us and keep us in our #3 position.

If you do that, than I don't have to keep this system, since obviously I want to keep the #3 spot.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Buch
    Cleric
    Dont think people care enough to vote for the server without any reward, why dont make 2 seperate links, 1 rewarding 5k nx , and the other something small, 1k, or not even.
    No reward at all doesnt stimulate.

Also, whats the difference between spot #3 and 4, as long as we dont drop out the top 5, i dont think it changes that much. People tend to click on the first one anyway.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I already told someone that's not possible.

What? That makes no sense at all. Any spot matters, especially when its competing with a pre-big bang server.

11. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Buch
    Cleric
    Haven't told me, maybe somwhere in general.

And yea, you'r right, i thought we were the only low rate/low version server in the top, but nvm.
    Litteraly #4, 5, 7 and 8 are low rates,low version aswell.

Dang, so much competition these days x_x.

Maybe something with forum/discord shit? Special role, point-system, idk.

12. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    I'm not sure it was suggested but here's an idea.
    What about allowing 2x vote per user every 24 hours, each gives 3k NX.
    This way you still keep the timer of voting every 24h, but give the possibility for users to be "rewarded" for the votes without altering the prize too much.
    In addition it allows users to split the NX between 2 accounts in the same day (if needed).
    And at the bottom line MapleLegends will still get 2x votes and help to keep it in 3rd place!
    :)

13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This one is somewhat possible, but requires a lot of re-coding of our voting system. However, one of the other issues were that some cannot vote twice for whatever reason, and allowing people to vote twice in a different way won't resolve that.

14. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    9:53 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Step by step first, since we face issue in voting twice in 24hours, then forget about that first.

Instead, the improvement can be:
    recode the vote system to change it to daily reset for voting once a day and not waiting for exact 24hours.
    This reduce the waiting time for players to vote, and also increase the vote the server is getting.

And as what I said earlier, no pressure, do the recoding only in staff's free time.

I'm sure everyone will be happy with this

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

So is it safe to assume that if we drop back down you will remove once a day voting?

16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Probably looking into other things first. It would be nice already if people just voted if they can, but people do not want support things or places unless it reward them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Maybe not if the solution or reason seems superficial and does not necessarily benefit the server.. Yes one rank up looks better but if you're unable to keep these new players then its pointless and does not solve any actual issues in terms of player count.

Voting twice in my opinion has been a huge headache. Forgetting, being literally unable to vote and LOSING nx. After an experience like that it doesnt seem worth the time, effort, data (which costs actual $ and not everyone has easily 6G) and annoyance for 1 rank up.

If you want people to support the server, you need to give them reason to. I am sure more than enough people generously donate to maplelegends (to a point where it is not even about the nx anymore) and assuming that you're community is unsupportive because they don't bother voting a second time for FREE is honestly conceited and shameful.

I highly encourage hypothesizing other options or attempting to figure out what is dropping the player base instead of doing this. There will be people who don't mind voting twice to support the server without a reward. Heck, i will do it when i can and when i think of it. But to change a policy for such a superficial reason after 3 years and after the difficulties faced/negative replies, would be unfortunate.

• Like Like x 4
  18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I wasn't planned to make it permanent regardless of results, just knew already it was flawed like this. I will see what happens after its back to 24h. Also, random fact but back in 2008 servers always used 12h voting, but it was also way back before pingback voting :p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Can't vote every 12 hours, so until this is over I'm getting 3k cash per day. Any vote abuser want to help me?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    8:53 PM
    Iara
    Crossbowman

So no-IP users are boned and we will get 3K per day regardless? That doesn't sounds like it blows. I have tried voting with different IPs, or restarting my internet connection, but GTOP still recognizes me and won't let me vote. I'm only getting 3K per day no matter what.
    I know you want to get more votes, but changing the NX amount we get kind of affect the gameplay of some people. Particularly the ones that are HP washing right now.

Yup. I said the "H word".

• Like Like x 1