1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Closure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedforestGum, Sep 4, 2018.

1. RedforestGum

RedforestGum Snail

Sep 3, 2018
    6:57 AM
    Hi Guys!

Wanted to thank Kim and the GMs for making this community! Brought back so many memories for me :)

Just wanted to share a lil experience that I had which kinda affected me off and online, wondering if anyone can relate to this..

So it all started one day, I met this guy, we chatted in the game, trained together, hunted together and all, got along real well. So then we brought it offline after about 1 week + later, I texted him constantly during school, after school and all. We usually talk about our daily routine, exchange our country's culture, heart to heart talks once in a while (past relationships and all). Throughout the day, he would show me care through texts, gave me words of encouragement when I felt down, teased me constantly which made me laugh ALOT. Honestly, I thought it was gonna go somewhere? We also chatted till late at night, almost every night.

Until one day, just out of a sudden, one night after we ended the call, he started to treat me real cold. No more texts, so obv something went wrong, I asked why but he brushed it off saying he was tired and needed to rest. But when I went on discord, I saw him chatting happily with his friends so I thought, maybe he just needed personal space? Ok, so I respected that, didn't text him for another few days which felt like hell for me. After so, I tried texting him but he never replied, PM on maple, no replies too..

Imagine talking to someone almost everyday single day, almost every hour and just one day, he disappears? I'm not sure if I'm being overly dramatic but is 1 month really sufficient for someone to fall for another person?

All I wanted was a reason? What did I do wrong?? But I guess i'll never get that. Felt so led on and lied to but i guess that's just life.
    Ghosting really sucks :(

Whats worse is I felt like a fricking stalker every time I log in, trying to track him online to see what's he up to (even if i start a new account?!) damn. /find became my most used command.

2. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

11:57 PM
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/online-friends.19782/
    This topic was about online friends in general but you should probably read it.
    Online friends are amazing but unreliable.
    In my opinion, the place you went wrong was deciding to have strong romantic feelings for someone online. It would be slightly different if it was over a year you were talking to each other but unfortunately a month is not enough time to truly know someone in real life, and definitely not enough time for someone online..

He's a jerk.
    However, the way you feel is a sentiment many people experience. Especially in online communities as close knit as MapleStory. It sucks but it happens all the time and theres nothing you can do about it because its virtual.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    6:57 PM
    White Knight
    Find a boy in real life. Having online friends is good and you can have some very well maintained and positive relationships with these people, however it's I'll advised to be using maple as tinder.

4. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:57 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    It won't necessarily be the case, but speaking from experience, this could be the reason why a person all the sudden start to being cold towards you.

We all have different personality, some are chatty, some are quiet. I consider myself an introvert, and is quiet most of the time, but I like chatting online, but there is a limit to it. I can chat for hours, but it is quite time and energy consuming. I show friendliness to others by replying to their messages, and if it so happened that the person is very chatty, it burns me off quite easily. When I feel burnt out chatting to a person constantly, I will start not wanting to talk to that person. I will try to reduce to amount of chat with him/her, and try to break off from that person because I don't want to burn myself up again. I always explain to the person why I don't talk as much, or at all anymore, but not everyone does that, so in the case of your friend here, maybe he had the same experience, but he might not know how to explain it.

That is relationship. You won't truly know a person until you spent enough time with him/her.

5. Jaina

Jaina Mixed Golem

Jun 29, 2017
    6:57 PM
    Jaina/Alleria/Keyes
    I/L Arch Mage
    Crowns
    Thanks for sharing about this topic and what's on your mind - it's such a thought provoking one which really got me thinking. I don't confess to being the best person who could offer advice, but it's certainly a feeling that I can relate to and it did hit me in the feels. Concur with what Julie and Tato said above, but my 2 cents which i'd like to add to the mix would be to perhaps find another group of friends which you can try to talk to? If the said person is still online i'm sure you're having it hard whenever you see him converse in fm/run into him. Finding a community of individuals you can run to should such an encounter transpire can be a comforting and heart-warming one.

• Friendly Friendly x 1