1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about EXP Hair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tillimdead, Aug 18, 2018.

Tags:

Vote your opinion!

1. Reduce the price of EXP to 1,000

33.7%
  2. Reduce the price, and add all EXP to VIP

8.4%
  3. Keep the current system

29.5%
  4. Keep the price, but add all EXP to VIP

10.5%
  5. Allow EXP-ONLY hairs to be selected for 20k+ nx

17.9%
  1. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    9:41 AM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    One of the things everyone loves about MapleStory is the art-style and ability to customize your character. However, with the game being free to play, Neckson needed a few ways to turn a profit. One of these ways was exploiting the love for the art-style and locking people into gambling away their money with EXP-Hair, or rather, making some hair styles EXP-ONLY. I'd like to say now, if you're coming into this having dealt with the pain of exp hair, don't feel it would be unfair to you if the price were dropped, it's just putting an end to this. No one benefits from keeping this borderline scam of a mechanic in the game. Yet, it would be a totally acceptable system if you were given the chance to opt-out of this scam and just pay a premium with VIP. That's why i'd like to ask the price of EXP at-least be dropped to 1,000 vote cash, and preferably have all EXP hairs added to VIP. This way if people want to save money or gamble by getting a random hair with exp, they can, but if they just want to pay the premium of 5,000 nx, they can! I understand we want to preserve the original v62 experience, but keeping the EXP in allows the experience of dumping nx to still be had for those who'd like to. It certainly wouldn't be the biggest change to the original game, nor the most controversial. I'd still like to say i appreciate all the GMs do to restore and improve the pre-bb experience. Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

• doot.PNG
      doot.PNG
      File size:
      144.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:41 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's a stupid system designed to milk as much money as possible from players.

But that said, I don't like any of your options. The exp hair should not be dirt cheap. Plus I think just about everyone would be opposed to it, citing the poor people that spent over 100k nx to get the hair they wanted.

Before I had suggested a "VIP" system where you can pick the exp hair you want that costs like 20-30k nx, and people still didn't want to change it.

3. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    sounds a bit defeatist, we'll see how people vote and respond
    you agree the system is broken, and i dont even see why hair should ever cost more than 5k
    1k isnt dirt cheap when you get unlucky, i brought this up because ive tried 30+ times now and still cant get the hair im going for, thatd be 30k+ at 1k

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Why most people don't get the hair they want;

They vote everyday for 5k Vote Cash, and use that to EXP their hair.
    Though there still is a chance to attain what you want, you are limited to about 2 tries daily.

All RNG based systems aren't exactly fair, Gachapon, scrolling etc.
    Some people may have the odds of completing within their first few tries, while others will take much more.

5K for a "premium" seems extremely low, and I agree with LionheartLionheart that all your options don't seem that much balanced besides spoon feeding people EXP hair.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I can understand this point of view, so i've added the option in the poll

6. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    6:41 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    I think a probable solution that has worked in these type of gacha situations is to give a guaranteed VIP coupon of a choice hair in a given location after a certain number of tries (e.g. 10). I just think why discussion for this topic is so taboo is because when changing it, a lot of people are gonna ask for refunds lol

7. Hillargh

Hillargh Mano

Jun 23, 2015
    Female
    GA, USA
    Hillary
    Assassin
    After having done EXP hair on original GMS and having spent a ridiculous amount of real money, I am 100% okay with using oodles of fake NX I can get from a captcha and a click. Another for keep as is!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    So you were literally scammed by this system, and you'd like to keep it around, nice

9. chingalang

chingalang Mano

Mar 20, 2018
    I mean the EXP coupons doesn't give people an advantage per se, but just an aesthetic change. I don't think it should necessarily be free, but it could be cheaper? Maybe upping it to 3 tries a day vs 2 tries a day? As much as it is a "premium", we're not paying for NX anymore and would it actually do any harm in having exp hairs be more accesible?

10. Hillargh

Hillargh Mano

Jun 23, 2015
    Female
    GA, USA
    Hillary
    Assassin
    No. I knowingly spent my money on it. Pretty much the opposite of a scam. This--fake money that is ridiculously easy to come by and requires zero effort--is not unreasonable at all. It's already leagues easier than the original way. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? The experience is half the annoying fun :) Especially if you do get lucky enough to get it right off.

I really wouldn't suggest making an opinion thread asking for votes and opinions, if you only want people to agree with you, though. Your rudeness is hardly helping your "cause."

Cheers though, best of luck. Unfollowing~

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I'm literally just asking that cosmetics be more accessible, this "fake money" is needed for the end game content, and i shouldn't have to choose between cosmetics and reaching this goal. Cosmetics should only cost a small portion of my "fake money" yet i've spent 20+ days now trying to get this hair. It just seems like you're anti-change and overly nostalgic.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I was scammed by the system, and I hated it.

I'd rather other people not be scammed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    Just a little update, i've now spent 80k trying (and failing) to get the hair i want :^))

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Congratulations! Your consolation prize is... nothing.

Because despite the fact that you have spent 80k nx, you are still in exactly the same position as when you spent 0 nx. Except now, you probably have a very ugly haircut.

15. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    google: opportunity cost :^)

16. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    Okay, guess its time for an update! As it stands, the majority of people agree there should be a change, but those who would like to keep it as is are winning the 3 way race.
    I finally got the hair i was going for, after 90k nx, or 40+ tries, i understand if you think thats just part of the game, but i think its crazy.
    Thanks for voting, lets continue to talk!
    Edit: Would anyone like me to remake the poll, and reduce the options to, "Have all exps be available for 20k+ nx" and "Keep the current system"?

17. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    i agree with you tillim, but i like genghiskhans options better, or rather instead of using a RNG system, we could do a questline for the hair we want. what is part of the game is not always what should be part of the game. we need good people like tilim, who can recognize where the game is lagging behind and needs rework. unlike gach ur not risking ur vote points in trying to get an advantage over others, its just for fkin hair. that shouldnt take 20 days of your vote points that could be spent on any other item that offers better utility like ap resets/gach. and im sure a fuck ton of u wouldn't want 80k worth of ap resets/gach ticks down the drain either. or imagine spending 160K NX because u just had shitty luck, are ppl still gonna tell me they wouldnt be upset especally if it can be changed? imo if cosmetics like cash shop equips/effects can be purchased without RNG, hair which falls under cosmetics should be barely any different in the sense that the cost to getting the hair you want shouldn't have to come at such a high price for a small benefit. obviously GMS is a fuking money grab system. they would rather u risk 50$ at a lottery rather than give you the one you want for 5$, but this isn't GMS and we don't need an inconvenience sticking around with us under for the sake of nostalgia.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    Glad you agree, is it really too much to ask that cosmetics be more accessible? : )

• Like Like x 1