1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing some experiences

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lulinya, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    3:33 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    As a long last noob-life player, I realized new player that going to become Bandit have tendency to quit earlier than other jobs. So here is my suggestion.
    Give 10% buff to Double Stab
    And also 5% buff to Savage Blow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4:33 AM
    Kind of random buffs I'd say, without look as to the main reason why people quit bandits.

3. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Too many flashy assassin around Lol

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I don't believe that's enough of a reason to go with the buffs you suggested.

5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    1:33 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    The bandit population is considerably low, that, we can't deny, but you gonna need more tangible proofs and reasons to support the suggestions. Perhaps the reason why people quit bandit early is that the class has boring skills? or maybe it's not as useful as other classes in boss runs?

6. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Too many I encountered that it is not only words anymore.
    Any servers, any time players adding up to Double Stab complains to me they cant hit anything at Kerning PQ (even lv29 players)
    When dealing with high speed mobs (Pig, Zombie Mushroom,...) Thats the moment he knew:"this is suck"

7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I recommend all bandits to go the sindit route in 1st job, as lucky 7 is a practical skill to have for LPQ and other scenarios where you need a ranged attack, and it makes first job much more fun. Savage Blow replaces Double STab completely anyways. Savage Blow itself is fine for a 2nd job skill and doesn't need to be boosted. Remember, Shads aren't meant to be DPS kings, they are a jack-of-all-trades, having tankiness, mobility, melee+ranged attacks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    If one keep finding theirself useless for a brief long time they will suffer from depression. As I mentioned those will suffer that from lv24-34

9. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    The Pros of Double stab is its quick and neat atack, suitable for killing weak and slow mobs

10. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    10:33 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Remove Shield mastery as an existent skill to upgrade and give us Flash Jump, that's what we need as shadowers.

We are cooler than NL, they just have that flying skill that make them look cooler. But we are better, i swear MapleF3MapleF4

On a serious note, they might quit because they find boring to be slow until 3rd job, but things get WAY better on 3rd and 4th job, so quitting is up to them.

#ShadowerLivesMatter MapleF4

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    As a player who's created double-stab bandits/CBs 4 times throughout my maple life... (2 in ML, lol don't ask)
    My thoughts:
    - The issue with double stab is horrendous mastery. At level 25, I could deal up to ~500 but also like ~30 damage total. The reason this is especially notable is because being able to consistently 1 or 2 hit a monster affects training greatly as a single-target, melee character. It completely dictates where you can train and limits it by having such a low minimum hit.
    - 2nd Job isn't supposed to be easy; 3rd job will more than make up for the 2nd job difficulty (meso explosion)!!
    - To me, CBs are all about meso explosion, and looking like a total badass in 4th job.

I always hold great respect for shadowers, buccs, and other unconventional characters which just have an awesome play-style. I wouldn't have been able to reach lv120+ pre-big bang GMS if I didn't play a bucc (so awesome).

12. OP
    OP
    Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Or at least lower the MP cost of both skills please.
    They consume Mp much faster than any jobs

13. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  14. mosshroom

mosshroom Orange Mushroom

Mar 18, 2017
    Female
    11:33 AM
    Chara, mosshroom
    Hermit, Shadower
    Halcyon
    This is all I've ever wanted lol OnionGirlWow

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    OP's argument is a not particularly thoughtful or insightful. His subsequent comments are... strange.

I will say that having sindit be the default route for bandits is a little lame. It's simply better to go L7 as Jason mentioned. In fact, into 2nd job you can still use L7 until you max dagger mastery/SB. There might be some value to touching up double stab so actually using a dagger in 1st/early 2nd job is worthwhile.

16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    personally feel like. the Damage of Lucky Seven is too high for a 1st job skill used until 4th job
    while some people go sindit build --> bandit, some people will still pick double stab. feel like the base dmg of double stab is low and a little buff would be nice. the speed of double stab is quicker, but the range isnt the same as lucky seven of course. not everyone follows the sindit meta, whether its "better". some people still stay true to full bandit builds. some maps are better close range attacks vs long range.

Having Double Stab until dagger mastery is maxed or savage blow to lvl 20, would be nice dmg boost as well. we all know savage blow doesnt do that much dmg, unless its 6Line hits. i think having a Double stab buff would be great.