1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Smokescreen bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by aaronis, Sep 7, 2018.

1. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    9:48 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Whenever a monster with a knockback skill such as horntail or rodeo, knocks you into a smokescreen the character knocked into the smoke is unable to move or attack while inside the smoke. This lasts the entire duration of the smoke.
    What is supposed to happen?: People shouldn't get stuck inside smoke.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: I first noticed this bug in horntail after people were being randomly unable to move while inside smokescreen and then tested it out at rodeos.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): At rodeos I put a smoke behind another character inside party and let my other character get hit into the smoke. As long as the character's landing spot is inside the smoke they get stuck. It is easiest to re-produce on a flat surface
    Extra information (optional): I tried seeing if being normally knocked into the smoke by just touch attacks would do the same thing, but it seems like that's not the case. To get around this the person can leave party, but it usually takes a little bit for people to notice and it wastes a lot of the duration of a skill that has a 10 minute cooldown. I was unable to test if its the same for the shadower since I wasn't really able to get hit by rodeos due to shifter/avoid, but if it happened to the shadower they probably would just be unable to move for the entire duration of the smoke.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:48 AM
    Moderator Post
    So you basically stay stunned during the whole duration of smoke? How exactly are you stuck? Any visual appearances?

3. OP
    OP
    aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yea you can't move/attack/buff for either the entire duration of the smoke or until you leave party. There's no visual appearance that shows anything is wrong, it just looks like you're afking in smoke and not moving.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If there's no visual appearance why you get locked than it could possibly be a client bug. Would still be very odd though.

5. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    This is the same issue i posted in this thread! i didn't thought about it being related to the knockback but i put a gif there where i was fighting Leviathan and my friend got stuck so it makes a lot of sense (that boss is a knockback machine)

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/players-stuck-inside-smoke-screen.21690/

[​IMG]

I can confirm it can happen to the shadower too, because i remember one HT run that i got stuck myself inside there.

6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    12:48 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Just adding that I’ve also had this happen in HT exactly as OP described.

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So to confirm its the knockback bosses like timer have that knock back a whole bit and then stuns you?

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    as far as we know yes. this has happened atleast once every HT run.
    mostly during legs/tail. and it gets hard, when a bishop cannot heal or do anything, or if someone becauses sed and they cannot follow

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Can replicate it 100% of the time on my local server, meaning its indeed the knockback of monsters/bosses having stun knockback. It happens basically if you get knocked back directly into the smoke. You'll be stuck as expected until its over.

We are currently looking into it and if I got any updates I will provide it.

It seems also that if you break your party when you are stuck you are freed immediately.

10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    yes, this happened last night, so i kicked our bishop and Bowmaster. Unfortunetely, our Bishop was freed, but not our bowmaster until after the smoke finished

11. OP
    OP
    aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Is there any update to this, or is it impossible to fix?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    11:48 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Due to smoke all being handled in client side, fix will either be close to impossible or very difficult to identify where in the code is causing the issue. Thus, I would have to mark it as unfixable for now sadly :c
    I will revisit this again in near future once I get more hang of client-sided editing~

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1