1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote Bank

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by fartsy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:31 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I know it might have been suggested before but is it possible to link accounts and create a "voting bank" that allows multiple votes which are then distributed daily?

e.g. you can vote 5x on Monday and Tuesday but not vote for the next week or so (until the bank runs out) but still receive 5k per 24 hours

It would help less active players retain that NX income and can be a potential solution to people who vote on multiple accounts but fear vote abuse.

In the short term, it can bring a lot more votes which can increase the server population. More newcomers = more votes (in the bank) = abuse the hell out of gtop100 woo hoo

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    3:31 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    GTOP100 has its own IP-address limiting factors, so the first thing to consider is that if you wanted to vote 5x in a row, even in this system, you'd have to do so from 5 different IP addresses.

Then, it's an entirely different story to make it possible within MapleLegends, as we'd be talking about large-scale vote system reformatting.

I mean, I like the idea but it's just wishful thinking.

3. OP
    OP
    fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:31 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    2 separate IP/MAC addresses are possible through desktop and phone. 5 was an exaggeration but still possible LOL

I think it's worth a try though, since the player base across servers is pretty much a zero sum.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:31 PM
    Moderator Post
    This is more or less impossible.