1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Activity signs for pqs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3DegreeChill, Feb 1, 2016.

Yay or nay

1. YAS

58 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no pls

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    11:44 AM
  2. MarcJacobs

MarcJacobs One forum account each person only please.

Sep 5, 2018
    2:44 PM
    If you think the GMs are capable of implementing quality of life additions, you're playing the wrong game.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:44 PM
    Moderator Post
    While suggestions were bought up here, how would you do it in a least of a custom way as possible? While it seems overwhelming positive to have something for PQ's, its been known we are not a fan of custom NPC's, since its usually difficult to add something completely custom without throwing off the feel of the game, as well as it confusing people that come back to the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    is that your only objection for not adding this? if so, just make the NPC give you an option to smega the server that X player is R>pq. E.g Player clicks lakelis. lakelis gives option to smega server that X player is R>KPQ. No custom NPC needed. I would much rather add a tiny bit of "custom" to the game rather than barely any PQs at all, especially since PQs is a big part of nostalgic pre-BB. i think its worth experimenting for a little bit

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not only reason. Custom things in general make a server feel custom and private serverish.

6. Heathcliff

Heathcliff Slime

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    yeah youre right, custom things make things custom. but you asked for the least custom method, and i gave you one. you can come up with as many reasons to not have it, but there's little to no harm in trying/testing it out, even if its temporary. even on paper, it seems like a really good suggestion regardless of the overwhelming votes in favor for it. will you please consider at least trying this?

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You need to keep in mind how much need to be done just to do an 'experiment' like this

- A check who ask for a SMEGA
    - A check so it doesn't get spammed
    - A check so parties can't be swapped and it can be multiple times spammed
    - A global check so you can't CC and do it again

and more. Of course you could allow people to 'spam' PQ requests, but I can already imagine now people will get irritated really quickly. I remember GMS had this 'friend finder' thing where you would SMEGA a 'I am looking for friends. Please add me if you would like to my friend' and people HATED and got sick of it eventually.

I am aware your counter will probably be a 'offer a way to mute it then' but that will already quickly defeat the purpose of the whole thing.

EDIT:

Talking about this smega:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  8. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    I'm really starting to see what SwordArt was talking about in his recent post
    Why is this being brought up? Why are so many people agreeing?
    I think the only real solution is getting more new players in the game
    I'm also just confused that when i ask for some cosmetics like exp hair to be reduced in price, everyone's quick to disagree, but 90% of the people who have voted thus far are in support of an actual game-changing feature that would take alot of work
    big no from me
    EDIT: I GUESS, because it probably wouldn't be too hard to add, the gms could add a daily quest for players lvl 10-100, *complete x number of pqs for your level range and get like, bonus exp or something*. Basically just something to remind players, and make them actually want to go to pqs. I think if you had a feature that would check if people are pqing, and someone saw no one else was, they would just walk away, essentially making pqs impossible to start without coming in with a party of 3+

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  9. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    White Knight
    I mean it is a private server so I personally don't see the problem with custom things to an extent. As long as they're kept to the original essence of old school GMS.
    What's being requested isn't really that custom as well and as a rule with anything, anyone tying to spam or abuse his suggested smegaing could just be jailed for an hour.
    Personally don't think it's terribly hard to find members for pqs (at least kpq, lpq and Epq/Ppq). Main thing is to make friends with everyone you pq with from the get go, but at times it can be frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sheepie

Sheepie Red Snail

Aug 13, 2018
    Male
    Washington, D.C
    Sheepie
    I/L Arch Mage
    Boop
    While leveling my one and only toon, I got to do about 5-6 KPQs and one LPQ and that's about it. OPQ and EPQ were ghost towns. I could have tried harder to make friends in the FM, or wait for long periods of time, but with a private server like this, with players in different timezones and vastly different play schedules, it is hard to count on PQs as a main source of XP. And maybe that's okay. There really isn't much we can do without a custom change to form groups, and even with one, I wouldn't expect that people will just come out of the woodwork and run PQs every time someone is looking to party. People out-level these PQ ranges pretty quickly on this server anyway.

Basically, I don't see this ever being implemented because of the staff's aversion to custom changes, the reality of the server's low population size, and the relatively fast leveling rate. I personally would not mind either way. Smegas sound a little annoying though.

11. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    9:44 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I'm a huge quester, a big fan of party quests. I've always had the same problems with finding quest-mates, especially with my time zone/play times, and let's not even get into my inability to stay active, which is an element that costs me dearly on the subject of in-game relationships.

Unfortunately, no new feature will really solve this. If people are not at the pq place, or don't respond to smegas, chances are it's simply because nobody able to/wanting to pq is online or free at that moment. Our server is small; the best way to go along is to make some connections, help each other out, and have some patience. For about half of the OPQ's I did to complete my OPQ quests, I limped along with my guildmaster multiclienting on some spare noobs, an afk guildie, and sometimes some semi-interested stranger who we managed to coax into it. And when there was a period of time that we really stuck at it, it became easier, and we'd have a full house of real players, running pq after pq, sometimes to the point of almost making a second party or having people wait for a spot to open.

I've been under the radar lately, focusing on solo-questing (both because my guild is dead-y and because I couldn't commit to pq's). Since I'm just about to 3rd job advance, and rl stuff is coming into place as well, I might just put myself out there this weekend, so keep a look out for me... shoot me a forum PM if you're interested (but srsly actually do it, even if you're not too sure you can join). I have a kpq mule, a lv 34.5 lpq mule in the making, and my main can still opq ;)

tl;dr- As much as this frustrates me too, it's up to the players to make pqs and not the game. It's possible, and if you want it badly enough, you'll get it. I'm likely making renewed efforts myself starting this weekend, slide through!

• Friendly Friendly x 3