1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Serious] Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boldaslove, Sep 1, 2018.

1. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    4:33 PM
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Once you have HH maxed I'd put Paladins slightly higher than buccs, at least where leveling is concerned. After experimenting with solo grind at the last map on Shaolin Temple (right before the alleged boss npc is located), you potentially get seriously competitive exp when coupled with rush and ACB, more so if you have higher accuracy to handle the golden giants.

[​IMG]

But where bossing is concerned, you'll definitely fall very far down the list unless you have elemental advantage like at Scarlion (Fire weak) or Kachuu Musha (Lightning/Holy weak).

2. OP
    OP
    boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    4:33 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Just an update from past two pages:

Fire vs Ice debate continues
    - most seem to have Ice ahead slightly for bossing and for better 2hko's

Potential of Night Lord discussed keeping it S tier
    - Low pot usage from Shifter / Drain
    - still op during washing

Shadower even lower pot usage than NL

Paladin HH getting high reviews - could jump bucc?

3. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    You could also probably break down the list into different categories. Such as bossing, training, solo and overall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    1:33 AM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    I agree with Corsair as a C tier but i disagree with some of the reasoning.

Corsairs have possibly the greatest damage "potential". But this only applies in ideal circumstances (bosses with single target, limited knockback, no/weak ranged attack). The inability to sustain the high damage in adverse conditions is what makes corsairs difficult to play. The ship mechanics are very much annoying and difficult to get used to but is what makes the job "unique".

As for HP washing, corsairs are the easiest ranged attacker to wash, the cost is not high at all.

Corsairs are fairly bad at grinding (bad pot drain). Using a combination of AoE (air strike), freezing, and single/multi target attacks, we can be versatile when it comes to grinding tactics, but it is very hectic to maintain.

Mobility is above average for corsairs. With recoil shot and wings, we can move around quickly, though it's not as fast as flash jump.

If we all played solo (no party grinding, buffs, multiclienting, etc) I would argue that corsairs would be one of the fastest to level after 130. Ability to kill high exp bosses solo like bigfoot and anego at high speeds are what makes corsairs great.

Poor livability, inconsistent/difficult playing style and insufficent bigfoots to kill - i would say are our disadvantages.

Bossing - B tier
    Solo - A tier
    Grinding - D tier

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    I was actually able to solo both Anego and Bigfoot. It is possible if you don’t get close to her, and as far as Bigfoot, Ifrit does the job if you teleport around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Ryan you are A tier no matter what bb ❤️

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    11:33 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    rip, never going to make it to the big boy club.

Buccaneers are still the best class :^)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    just hack the server and edit the files

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:33 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Fun fact: Shadowers are probably one of the only classes that can realistically solo every single boss in v6x. Sadly i miss around 1k hp to do toad w/o HB but there's a few shads out there that have washed enough for sure.

HT mechanics are also manageable solo, pre head seduces can be timed (rope hang/dark sight to be 100% safe) and initial tail phase depends on abit of luck; if hero's will is used, one can technically dark sight hang rope until cd is off again.

I have alrdy attempted BG/grandpa, can confirm shadowers can solo "pin" safely.....but ye the dpm sucks :D

Shadowers in my eyes are basically:

Grinding and solo play: A+/S tier
    Bossing: B tier
    Style points: SSS tier :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    Dazzle
    Magician
    thats bad

11. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    9:33 AM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    ?

• Informative Informative x 4
  12. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    Bossing - B tier
    Solo - A tier
    Grinding - D tier
    = B... A... D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    5:33 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Paladins are...Extremely good at BF, Targa and Scar...and HH in HT is very good too, I dont get why they are sometimes so Underrated..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:33 AM
    There are only two kinds of characters:

Nightlords and their mules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. takolovelive

takolovelive Chronos

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    takoEri
    Paladin
    GodDuckness
    Because they are ONLY good at those areas, while at everything else (e.g. zak body, leviathan, any monster without weaknesses) their damage will pale in comparison to many jobs without any elemental advantage. Blast is also a purely single target bossing skill with a single line of damage, unlike their counterparts like Crusher (3 lines, 3 mobs) from DK and Brandish (2 lines, 3 mobs) from Hero, making their dmg a tad bit less stable and limiting their mobbing capability to their secondary skill Charged Blow, which is just a fancier Slash Blast.

Their HH is also both a blessing and a curse: you can instantly hit 199,999 dmg to every monster regardless of stats, BUT you can only stop at 1 hp left, leaving you in an awkward position if you can't hit that last hp due to accuracy concerns or monster being at an awkward position (it happens a lot at shaolin). But assuming accuracy issues aren't a problem, I can vouch that if you couple this skill with Charged Blow, or a mage partner for grinding at mobs with over 199,999 hp, you can potentially outpace some mages and almost all other jobs at epm alone.

16. Bertholdt

Bertholdt Slime

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    Bertholdt
    Corsair
    Honor
    I think Corsairs can be ranked in tier C (depending on their ship management skills and their level) but I disagree with some of the points brought up.

-Mobility: Our mobility is actually very good. We do not need to buy a mount to travel. Wings and Recoil do the trick.

-Grinding: We definitely aren’t as great as warriors in this regard. Yes, grinding as a Corsair can be annoying because we need to dismount to move around quickly. However, our AoEs namely, Air strike and Battleship Torpedo both have high damage multipliers, which make grinding do-able.

-Support: I am assuming you mean buffs such as si and se. We don’t require buffs to deal high damage.

-Inconsistency: There is definitely more skill than luck involved when maintaining our Battleship. Corsairs have an inability to tank high damage while on the ship so we usually have to dismount, which is one of the cons of the class. However, there are other ways around this… We can also use mobs to take low damage, shoot through them (Homing Beacon skill: All attacks focused on 1 target) and stay on our ship.

Bert’s 2 cents on bossing as a Corsair:

-Pros: We destroy Bigfoots in 5mins~ at lv 170 with mediocre gear. White nls with only SE at Zakum body (if we use mobs), Anegos and Levis. We are also the best class to solo Zakum Body due to our Homing Beacon skill and Bulleyes which adds a 20% damage boost to our target; we shoot through the mobs like they don’t exist and avoid all stuns, 1/1s and skill locks. Also, this method allows us to solo the Black Crow.

-Cons: Our inability to take high damage makes some bosses cancerous such as Horntail (we have to pay attention to multiple body parts) and Toad, which deals 14k+ damage and attacks fast (meant to be a melee boss).

All things considered, I would classify low level Corsairs (below lv 135) as tier C for bossing as their ship does not have high hp. Therefore, they usually have to dismount almost every hit. Depending on the Corsairs’ level and boat management skills I would even go as far as to rank Sairs in S/A depending on the boss.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    oh sorry I meant it as a joke haha

18. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:33 AM
    Teach me please master

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bertholdt

Bertholdt Slime

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Montreal
    Bertholdt
    Corsair
    Honor
    You need to be a high lv sair to do this because your ship will take damage. Its not as fun as doing zak where minions barely do any damage but yeah…we can solo Black Crow this way:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JABg_2CIQ

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy

Bossing / Grinding / Solo rankings are good as long as there is commentary from the players like this. As someone who plays a mage and a hero the most it's hard for me to judge the specifics of each class so much. I'm realizing everyone has different criteria and I'm not sure specifically what everyone could agree on judging. Ranking categories is informative with the testimony (there was a lot I cut from the quotes).

Not so many direct calls to change the list itself but to update the info / include more player perspectives from the thread from what I'm seeing..
    Unless IL > FP, or switching Bucc / Paladin

About IL I would put them ahead if Shaolin had obstacles or if ToT were still king and I'm not sure how to weigh bossing with mages but it looks like IL has slightly more opportunity.