1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Doesnt Neo Tokyo just make the hp washing issue bigger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8ravens, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    10:16 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    It seems like everybody went on and conveniently ignored FishyFishy post where he explains that the mechanics of the boss allows you to dodge all attacks.

People in this thread are so quick to complain and whine before they even know all the facts. You don't even need to join Castellan Toad to reach Neo Tokyo because the Toad Oil that you need for the quest is tradeable. It's understandable to have anxiety when you lack knowledge but how about open your eyes/ears and shut your mouth more often. It's good life advice in general.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    1:16 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Actually Pink Bean is "easier" than Castellan toad in terms of required HP. Pre-BB I remember it doing about 12k damage (so 7.5k HP before HB). (Touch damage did ~27k but you shouldn't be touching it, Damage Reflect basically auto-killed everyone but that only happens if you screw up). Despite this, people on GMS still managed to kill it (only after miracle cubes were added though). Although I personally only killed it after BB, I did go on a few unsuccessful runs with both a BM (unwashed) and a Paladin pre-BB. The problem wasn't the HP (remember that this boss was meant for end-end-game, like 19x-200) it was the DPS required to do 7b damage in an hour, as well as dealing with Damage Reflect. On my BM we didn't even clear the statues in time so the HP requirement was an afterthought (I could survive the statues easily with HB except for Ariel). If PB was added to Legends the timer would need to be increased/removed but otherwise it is possible (there is the whole balancing can of worms for the 120 weapons it drops though... which don't really belong / can't be coded in v62 because they "level up" and give skill points)

So I think Neo Tokyo really is the highest HP requirement in all of Pre-BB MapleStory. And if all the attacks are indeed dodge able then there is no problem. I only played the Neo City version but I do sort of remember Auf-Haven / Dunas having map-wide attacks though...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:16 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Im a dk, hmu for some dank hb TriHard

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    thanks man, i appreciate it fro acknowledging it

5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:16 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    The fact remains that NT might actually make other jobs (buccs? :confused:) more popular. It's a privelage, not a right, to be able to do bosses like toad on a ranged character.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    12:16 PM
    I think this is how we should approach new content. I see many people approach to the game is only to play the so called "end game" and ignoring the rest of the levels (and the content available for them) completely. I know, killing bosses is exciting, and gives you cool things like EXP, valuable items, a sense of acomplishment, and so on. But I do believe that is not the only enjoyable aspect of the game. And yes I am late and poorly HP washed (always had 4 base INT), and yes I cannot do many bosses without relying on HB/having to be resurrected sometimes but that's not the end of the world, do not stress yourself too much about that "late game bossing" it is good and fun just not always. And as many have pointed out there are ways to get it around. After all colaboration can be even more powerful than stats in this game sometimes ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    1:16 AM
    JoeL
    Beginner
    Are you sure?

8. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    yes im sure, ive seen them do it

9. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    TheBoss for ranged.
    Toad for warriors.
    NeoTokyo for washed.
    MonKaS

On a side note can you really 100% evade all attacks by ducking in time? I saw the video people still get hit for up to 12.9k damage.

That 37 minute run wasn't 6man btw. It was like 2 parties. One of the parties was the 200's and perf wep gang. Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.11.14 PM.png

I still love you eiji f3

10. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    then those dumb lvl 200s jebaited us f3
    and yes it is 100% possible to duck and dodge, u just have to be good at it, and know the timings... i suck at it :D

11. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Teach me how to dodge as a corsair ;-;

12. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you lay down and duck underwater when the laser comes out

13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    1:16 PM
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    new content?

:thinking:

15. Frazen

Frazen Pink Teddy

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    Frazen
    Night Lord
    Hi handsome. With you, it will be 10mins.
    I like how deadmure is still being mentioned even after majority of the guild already quit.

This forum can never stop repeating the HP washing topics. Expecting to be able to do every single content/boss just cause it comes out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:16 PM
    What about P R O J E C T TriHard

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:16 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Washing is not necessary for Neo Tokyo bosses.
    I am assuming that the worry of washing probably came from the high damage output but you should note that majority of the boss attacks can be totally evaded via bending down, moving out of the boss's attack range, etc which then becomes more of a skill of speed and reaction time as opposed to merely standing there and tanking unavoidable attacks.

In another note, at least the bosses only deal high damages instead of dishing out instant KOs like in other games. :hungover:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:16 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I couldn't agree more with this. Thank you for pointing this out!

19. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:16 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I really Enjoy the new added Dificulty.

20. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    CONFIRMED 3RD BOSS, YOU ONYL NEED 7.6K HP. SO STOP COMPLAINING.