1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple MUD

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Alyosha, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:17 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You charge at the first mushroom, give him a good knock in the head, but realize your fists aren't very effective weapons. Not only this, but three other mushrooms have surrounded you and are doing their best to tackle you.

Mushroom 1 takes 8 damage
    Mushroom 1: 42/50 HP
    Mushroom 2: 50/50 HP
    Mushroom 3: 50/50 HP
    Mushroom 4: 50/50 HP

You take 5 damage from each mushroom.
    Character: 90/110 HP

Your dreams of mushroom stew quickly feel crushed.

2. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Without panic, I quickly calculate the possibility of me winning this fight, and the result doesn't look so bright for me, so I jump over the mushroom that is in front of me and start running towards the quaint town with a hope that the mushrooms will chase me far enough, then the town guards can help me kill them. It's never a bad thing to share the mushroom stew dream with others <3

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You attempt to make an easy skill check in order to jump over the mushroom.
    [dex/dex+20]
    roll 27, 7 or lower succeeds the check.
    You rolled 13.

You attempt to jump over the mushroom but fail, tripping on his cap. You take 5 damage and you are now on the ground.
    Character: 85/110 HP

The mushroom takes 4 damage from your collision. He's befuddled. All 4 mushrooms are now behind you.

Mushroom 1: 38/50 HP
    Mushroom 2: 50/50 HP

4. SLC

SLC Red Snail

Jul 21, 2017
    Male
    USA
    5:17 AM
    The player attempts to lead them towards the town.

5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The player gets up and begins moving towards the town. The player is hit on their left, right, and from behind as they attempt the escape, taking 15 damage.
    Character:70/110 HP

The mushrooms follow a short distance behind.

After a minute or so of moving, the player sees the entrance to the town. There is one guard.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:17 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Not wanting to overwhelm this poor guard, I climb up a tree maybe 30 to 50 feet away from the town entrance in plain view, and I yell, "Hey, could you help me out a little?"

Then I channel all my inner ki and throw a snail shell at the mushrooms, giving them a childish rasberry and taunting, "Nyah, nyah!"

7. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Under duress, you attempt to climb the tree, requiring an easy skill check.
    [dex/dex+20] 7 or less succeeds.
    Rolled a 4! You succeed in climbing the tree.

You throw your only snail shell at the mushrooms. It hits Mushroom #2, dealing 9 damage.
    Mushroom 2: 41/50 HP

The guard, alerted, takes aim with his crossbow and fires a bolt. It narrowly misses your head.

"Do you take me for a fool, Mushroom Mage? I know that the second I leave this town gate, I will be outside of our wards and susceptible to your cruel magic! We have learned, and your tricks will no longer work on us!"

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    '....what?' I think to myself, 'Mushroom Mage... what a great idea!'

Playing it off and getting in character, I clear my throat and boast all ominously-like, "Hah! You are clever, foolish mortal! And you are lucky that shot missed, or I would have placed a terrible death curse upon thee! Until next time..!!"

Now trying to look all cool, I vault off the tree and run away from the towns, away from the mushrooms too, since they don't like me and and are trying to kill me. But maybe, maybe there will be a way to tame some mushrooms!

9. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Your boast succeeds in freaking the guard out, who now takes aim and fires at one of the mushrooms while you jump down from the tree. He deals 30 damage to Mushroom #4 and magic appears to freeze the mushroom.

Mushroom 2: 41/50 HP
    Mushroom 4: 20/50 HP

You take 3 damage jumping down from the tree due to low dexterity.
    Character: 67/110 HP

As you run away you notice that 3 Mushrooms are still giving chase.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    'Gotta calm these mushrooms down..' I think.

As I keep running, I spot a small ledge that can be jumped on. But instead of jumping on top of it, I drop down to the ground right next to it and squeeze into the corner. Haha, now the mushrooms will be too confused to attack me, and they will keep jumping over me as they try to get to me!

From the (hopefully) safe position, I try to calm the mushrooms down.

11. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You make an easy intelligence roll.
    [int/int+20]
    6/26 odds, need 6 or less to succeed.
    ...You rolled a 3. MapleF3

You don't understand why it works, but it works. The mushrooms are incapable of not jumping at the ledge, making them unable to hit you. They appear confused.

They instead stare at you while you make quiet shushing noises, waiting for you to make a move.

Attached Files:

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I try talking to the mushrooms, "Hey, I think we got off on the wrong foot! Er, wait you don't have feet... Um, whatever. You heard what that guy said. We are supposed to be friends? Let me make it up to you."

~~~~~~

And they probably can't speak or understand language at all. lol

BTW, can you explain how the rolls work? Been trying to figure it out and have no clue.

13. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Mushroom #1 responds in a booming voice that doesn't seem to belong: "FOOL! You are a pretender, seeking to steal my mushroom powers! There may only be one born of earth and mud, and that is I! The false Mushroom mage must be destroyed!"

[I decided to add rolls to make things more difficult I guess. It takes your skill, str/dex/int/luk, and rolls it against the skill + plus it's difficulty. Easy currently gives 20 detriment, but there'll be harder rolls the more convoluted the plans become. Lower numbers are better, unlike many other games. If it rolls within your skill then you succeed the feat.

Currently the chances of winning a dex roll are (7 / (7 + 20)), or about a ~26% chance of beating an easy skill check. So I get a random number between 1 and 27, and if it's between 1 and 7 you win. With 5 more dex, it would be (12 / (12 + 20)), or a 37.5% chance of winning the roll. Currently I just use Google to roll weird dice. If it rolls between 1 and the skill level, it succeeds. If it rolls above the skill level, then git gud scrub.]

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    "N-No! I mean, I am pretending but.. can't I learn your Mushroom Magic without stealing yours??"

And then I whine, "Pleeeaase I just want to be a mushroom maaage! Can I be your apprentice?"

15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The mushrooms appear to relax. Mushroom #1 responds: "Hmmm yes I am getting quite up there in years, and what sort of legacy will I leave behind? NOTHING! I couldn't even destroy Amherst... But if I had an apprentice, YOU could take on my legacy! You could end their miserable lives, and enact my FINAL REVENGE upon the denizens of that ACCURSED town! But before I reveal to you my location, I need to know how much magic potential you have, yes, only a STRONG magician could even hope to learn from a MASTER such as myself. You also must prove yourself LOYAL to me by DESTROYING the mayor's snail farm. Hahahaha, ha, YES, you must travel to his farm and KILL ALL THE SNAILS. Without their meat the town will STARVE! PERFECT! Can you do this for me?"

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I almost gasp, with a glitter of hope in my eyes. "Y-yes. Yes! I will do it, Senpai!" I say, grovelling at mushroom #1's ... feet bottom half.

Then I laugh evily myself. "Haha, I will slay all the snails! And I will bring you their shells as proof of my triumph!"

17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Mushroom 1: "Goooood, yes, very good, you will find the Mayor's snail farm just south of Amherst, between there and Southperry. LEAVE NOTHING BUT BLOOD IN YOUR WAKE! Show them your MIGHT, and prove yourself my LOYAL servant."

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I nod and I head that way to start my mission immediately. I really didn't know what town was what, but logically could deduce the farm was somewhere between the towns, which narrowed down the search space a lot.

As I get closer to the towns again, I slow down and approach more stealthily. And I take a couple minutes to survey the area and catch my breath. (A bit time for afk hp recovery?)

19. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You slowly make your way through the fields, careful not to be spotted by anyone or anything. Among the brush and deciduous trees you survey the area and notice a plain wooden box. There is nothing else of interest.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    comment: looks like hp is still not updated sooo I guess my last inputs were too long.

Are no skills available at all for now? We first need to be given a set of skills we can put points into, or can things be made up?

~~~~

Feeling kind of tired, I sat on the box and rested a minute or two to recover my hp.