1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple MUD

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Alyosha, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    2:45 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    "Well, the mushroom I talked to say that it will let me know their hideout once I complete my side of the deal, which is exactly what I am trying to discuss with you. I could go out and try to look for the hideout myself, but I guarantee you that working with me here would make it so much easier for everyone. Plus, I have no weapon and armor, and can't even cast spells. If anything happened, you could easily take me down, so why would I risk it?"

"I promise you that there will be no harm to you or anyone one else in this town. The goal I am trying to achieve here is to protect this town for future disaster anyway."

"What do you say? It wouldn't hurt to at least hear what I have to say, would it?"

2. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The man responds: "You've spoken with the Mushroom Mage? And he's agreed to let you into his hideout? This sounds like one of his cruel tricks, you'd best be careful trusting that man. What do you need help with in order to get into his lair?"

"Though I am forgetting my manners. It's not right to leave someone who has been robbed of everything without even a shirt to call his own. Let me get you some garments so you can finally wash that mud off of you."
    +white teeshirt
    +jean shorts

3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    "Thank you very much!"

"The task it gave me is very simple. Maybe they are all too simple-minded...Basically, it wants me to destroy the snail farm, which I assumed you are the owner of this farm? Anyway, the mushroom thinks that if I could take out the snail farm, people in the town will starve."

"So here is my plan. We'll work together to pretend I destroy the farm. You'll go hide all the snails in your farm and make the place look messy. I'll take some snail shells from you and show them to the mushroom. It will be even better if everyone in the town can appear hungry without food. There will be no way that the mushroom won't believe in me. I will have access to its hideout and other secrets. After I am back, we can then discuss what to do with their hideout."

"If you don't trust me, feel free to send some guards behind me while I go see the mushroom. The worst case that could happen is that the mushroom doesn't believe in me. Your guards can then ambushed them and have mushroom stew for the night."

"How does that sound to you?"

By the way, I put on the white teeshirt and jean shorts and keep the Leaf-mud-snail-goo toga in my inventory.

4. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Man: "Wait, that madman thinks we eat the snails? We just farm them for adhesive. But it's an interesting plan, very thorough. We do happen to have a dozen snail shells left lying around, if they can get you into the hideout, then they are yours. And it's smart to put on an act, the Mushroom Mage has eyes everywhere, and he may sense if there is tomfoolery afoot. He may know that you're talking to me right now, for he can see using every mushroom under his possession."

You remove the mud-toga the only way you know how, by ripping off giant chunks of it and scraping off the small pieces leftover from your skin. The old lady faints at the sight of your nude body. The mayor says "Goodness gracious! Have some decency!" You put on the shirt and pants, which are now dirty because you didn't properly clean yourself.

5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    "Oh and sorry about that. It wasn't all that comfortable wearing mud and slime all day long. By the way, it's nice meeting you. I didn't know you are the mayor of this town."

"I am going to clean myself up more thoroughly at the well. In the meantime, do you want to get started on hiding your snails and try to make the place look messy?"

"Let me know when you are done. I could give you a hand too."

I take a look at the sky to check the time of the day. If the sun is setting, I will consider seeing the mushroom tomorrow.

6. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The Mayor replies: "Ahhhh no, I need to be taking care of my mother now. I worry that she hit her head falling down. Go, it's probably best that you wash up. It's likely you've gravely offended my mother, and when my daughter returns with the guards they'll likely shoot you on sight when they see my mother like this. I'll start working towards the plan tonight, under cover of darkness, lest any eyes are watching."

It appears close to sundown as you approach the well. While you are washing up, the mayor's daughter and three guards appear and walk towards the house. One of the guards sees you, alerts his comrades, then two of them begin running towards you while the other guard and the woman enter the house.

7. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I friend with the mayor of this town now. What is there to be worry about? I continue to wash myself. When the guards get close to me, I wave at them and greet them.

"Hello! How are you two guards doing in this lovely sunset? I have gotten the permission from the mayor before using this well to wash myself, in case you were here to arrest me for that."

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:45 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Comment. Well, you have fun protato. You pretty much ruined mine. But I guess I'm gonna be the bigger person and not contradict and ruin everything you did.

To be fair, at least the whole "I got seduced" story seems plausible.

9. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Comment: No! It's supposed to be a team game. As annoying as your commands can be towards my initial plan, I accepted them and tried to think of other ways to continue my plan while making sure that everything still makes sense. To be honest, the whole story evolved very differently since I first started yesterday, and that's the fun of it! Don't let my fun ruining yours, I am sure that you can think of something to completely turn the story around towards your liking. MapleF17

I do agree that we should limit the amount of contradiction to as minimum as possible. If you found something that doesn't make sense to you, feel free to point them out!

Edit: I apologize if I made you feel like I was trying to force things my way. I will watch out for that. This game wouldn't be as fun if I was the only one playing it either. I enjoy reading your conversation with the mushroom, I would have never thought of doing so in my life!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    They interpret your waving as a spellcast and shoot at you with crossbows before you even get the chance to speak.

The first bolt misses, and the second bolt goes straight through your shoulder. You take 28 damage.
    Character: 39/110 HP

You have an idea as to what you want to say, but all that comes out are screams of pain.

[I'm doing my best to keep things open-ended enough to continue on any path no matter what has happened before. Nothing so far has already decided the ending, and nobody has been killed yet. The Mushroom Mage 2.0 may yet live on, especially with guards trying to murder him every time he's spotted.]

11. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Could that be the end of me? I tried to be friendly to the town and this is what get?

I fall down to the ground, trying not to move too much, so that the wound wouldn't hurt that much. I don't know what to think about. I don't know what to do.

Comment: now I think about it. If I didn't put all APs into HP, we would have been dead by now...

[Last one for me today]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The guards fire two more bolts into you, finishing you off and executing you for sexual crimes and for conspiracy to commit treason against the town with the Mushroom Mage.

You wake up, feeling fresh after being brutally murdered after a misunderstanding with the guards and the Mayor's daughter. You're on a beach. In front of you are some snails up on a ledge and a maple tree. You're wearing a white shirt and some jean shorts. On your person is 10 mesos, a wooden box with some stuff in it, and some gross muddy scraps pasting leaves together. You remember everything including the terrible pain of getting murdered.
    Character: 110/110 HP ~ 15/15 MP
    Level 2 [0/4 exp]

13. Snapples

Snapples Mano

Jul 15, 2018
    Female
    Snapples
    Islander
    Newbology
    With knowledge from my previous life, I approach the snails and start punching and kicking at them so I don't repeat the same mistake of getting shot with goo.

14. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The snails stand no chance against you, and each ends up dying in a single hit. It feels good to be on the top of the food chain. You feel slightly less bad about yourself.

Snail 1 perishes in the petunias.
    Snail 2 suffers your strike.
    Snail 3 is bopped on his top.
    Snail 4 takes a pound to the ground.
    Snail 5 is decked and gets rekt.
    Snail 6 is cracked with a whack.

All around you are snail corpses. There are coins, snail shells, and goo everywhere. All in all, you earn 6 exp and feel alone again.

+6 exp [4/4]
    ~level up~
    +5 AP
    +1 SP
    [Anyone may assign free points however they would like]

[2 / 9 exp for level 4]

15. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I pick up all the coins and the snail shells. I scoop up as much goo as possible into some shells to attempt to bring them with me. (Can't waste anything)

16. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    All in all you pick up 35 mesos and there are 3 snail shells that haven't been completely shattered. As you fill them with goo you realize there's a small knife in one of the shells.
    +35 mesos
    +3 goo-shells
    +1 knife

17. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I inspect the knife.

18. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The knife appears good for wielding, though a little dull and not very pointy. Perfect for spreading butter on some mean toast.

If you had to put a number on the knife, it would be a solid 5, which is a solid 5 more than your fists.

19. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    If the knife is not too fragile. I attempt to sharpen the knife with the rocks and sands around the beach area.

20. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    5:45 AM
    Crusader
    Comment: should we look around for more snails to grind on?