1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends Master Quest - Skuire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    8:12 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    It's a new year, and MapleLegends is still the best server around, so let's try something different. Returning to the game after over half a year of inactivity, I want to prove that it's completely possible to succeed and do EVERYTHING while playing just one character.
    (NOT a bish!) OnionXD

1. Start with Nothing
    Absolutely nothing. Not a scrap, not a coin, not a crumb. No saved NX. No artificial help from friends.

2. No Multi-Clienting
    No buff mules etc. Playing with more than one client open at a time is banned. One character only.
    3. No Leech
    No receiving leech from anyone, paid or free. Hunting in parties IS allowed.
    4. The Twist
    For every hour spent playing Maple, I will spend an hour doing something to improve myself IRL.
    e.g. exercise, time outdoors, learning something, acquiring a new skill.

1. Complete Every Quest
    Every single quest including missables, hidden, and any events I can do. The end goal is to have a completely empty quest log.

2. Collect Every Card
    Max out every monster, boss, and mini-boss in the Monster Book.

3. Defeat Every Boss
    Doesn't have to be solo; parties are allowed.

4. Reach Maximum Level
    This will be hell.
    OnionBlush

Q: What class?
    A: Sin

Q: Will you be washing?
    A: Yes, as much as I can get away with.

It's uni season rn so idk if I'll have a ton of time to spend on ML, but I'm going to try and make this a daily thing. I'll be updating this thread with screenshots, milestones, anecdotes, analyses, etc. as I progress.

PS: If you participated in my art contest in March and didn't end up receiving a prize, add me on Discord (sku#2309) and I'll get it to you ASAP. I was able to hand out prizes to over half of participants, but due to the organization being a total clusterfuck and me being lazy, I eventually forgot about it.

see u ingame OnionCoffee

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like x 21
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    9/28/2018 - Hello World
    Total playtime: 0h -> 1h
    IRL: Cleaned my bathroom

Let's roll.

[​IMG]
    The nice thing about washing is that it's really easy to get that perfect roll. I got this one within 20 tries.

[​IMG]
    Hello World

[​IMG]
    Maple Island is a breeze as usual, so I'll spare the details.

[​IMG]
    Bye bye maple. Victoria at last.

[​IMG]
    Here are my stats heading into first job. It's gonna be painful, but I'm not sure how much...

[​IMG]
    OnionF5

[​IMG]
    My stats at level 12. I'm not having any of this 2 damage bs, so I end up dumping 5 points into LUK to power up L7. I also forego maxing Keen Eyes right away in favor of putting a few more points into L7, which helps a tiny bit. Additionally, two lucky equip drops help me afford a Garnier for that sweet 1 extra weapon att. It all adds up.

[​IMG]
    Hit level 13, and that's all the progress I made for today! I'm sure things will get more interesting as I work my way out of this beginner slump.
    OnionBye

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    4:12 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    You did more or less describe my own journey with my main character. Except that I started out without being familiar with the game in the first place, and I'm not sure whether to expect reaching all the goals or not. but I am having a blast so far, and I hope you will too! Keep posting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    9/29/2018 - Questin Bro
    Total playtime: 1h -> 4h
    IRL: Cleaned my room, and studied for 3 hrs (I usually don't get this much done on weekends)

It continues...

[​IMG]
    GM buffs are happening right as I log on which is super convenient. To give you an idea of how weak I am, the +20 att from GM Bless increases my damage by more than double. Thanks Faiyo!

[​IMG]

After a bit of questing I hit 15 and I'm finally able to sell fame. Big shoutouts to Soju for the 150k buy. With all this money, it's a whole new world, and there's one thing in particular I have in mind...

[​IMG]
    Best item in the game? Maybe. With all that INT, my damage may be piss poor, but ciders are one of the few things that are going to make solo leveling feasible.
    Now I'm almost ready for some real questing. But first, I need a makeover...

[​IMG]
    How could I continue without my signature look?

[​IMG]
    I was also able to pick up a few sets of Tobis from the FM. Best value stars in the game.
    Nothing can stop me now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Boom, 25 before ya know it.

[​IMG]
    At this point I was planning to get a Meba, but then I realize that it doesn't just take 50 DEX to equip, it takes 65 LUK too. My current LUK?

26. OnionSilent

[​IMG]
    So I decide f the meba and instead dump the 20 points I'd saved up into INT and LUK equally. Looks like I'll be sticking with my 11att Garnier all the way to level 35...
    BTW, the extra 10 points in DEX are from my bathrobe which I scrolled to +10 in anticipation of getting that Meba. Bummer that it won't really be put to use, but what can ya do.

[​IMG]
    Thus ends another day. Next time, 2nd job!
    OnionBye

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    9/30/2018 - Gainz
    Total Playtime: 4h -> 11h
    IRL: Yeah I won't lie I was lazy af today LOL

Let's get it.

[​IMG]
    First big thing happening as I log on is a Fitness event hosted by Kimmy. I end up placing pretty poorly (f monkeys) but I finish on time and yoink that Scroll of Secrets.

[​IMG]
    After that I'm able to sell a few owls for some decent cash. I decide to throw some 100%s at my Garnier in hopes of higher damage - I'm gonna need it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leveling from 25-30 is a breeze with the abundance of great quests. I end up heading to Ariant via Manji at level 29 to fill out two of the first major missable quests: 'To The Desert' and 'Byron's Recommendation Letter.' With those two squared away, and with me ready to advance, it's back to vic for now.

[​IMG]
    The advancement quest is done in a flash, and now I'm a real sin! Not that it feels much different yet. But I've got bigger things on my mind...

[​IMG]
    Now that I've hit 30, I'm finally ready to make some real meso. 'MapleStory Basic Knowledge,' a quest in three parts that starts with Olaf, rewards you with a shoe jump 30% scroll for almost no effort. I go to FM and sell this quickly for some solid cash.

[​IMG]
    With all that meso I'm able to round up some S C U F F E D gear from the fm for extra cheap. The glove was only 1m, which is pretty dope imo.

[​IMG]
    I'm also able to pick up a couple trashy int gears at a bargain rate. 5 extra INT means I can add 5 more points into my base to bump my total up to 90. SlimeGrin

[​IMG]
    Now that my shopping spree is over, it's time to head right back to Ariant to take advantage of the juicy quest exp. They're pretty plain so I'll spare the details.

[​IMG]
    All in all the questline gets me up to 33 and some change. Now that there's not much left to do in the desert, I decide to head back to vic to try and scrape together a level and a half.

[​IMG]
    It takes some effort but there's still plenty to do back in vicky. If you're OK at JQs, I recommend Shumi's and John's second quests. Another underrated one is 'Black Bark's Worry' (30+) which is super easy and gives great exp.

[​IMG]
    Finally, after scraping the barrel for decent quests, I hit 35. You know what that means...

[​IMG]
    The first thing I do is slap 7 100%s on my new mape claw, and DAMN does this thing shred compared to my shitty garnier. Dude. It almost makes me feel like I don't have 85 INT.
    OnionBlush

[​IMG]
    Speaking of which, here are my stats. My LUK is finally higher than my INT which is definitely a good sign.

[​IMG]
    With that major leveling block out of the way, it's a wrap. Next time, The Grind.
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  6. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    that was to be expected

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    HAHAHAHA, well said.
    but don't give up on me just yet, hsmule OnionCourage

8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:12 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Sunday is leisure day! No worries there!
    Keep up the great work, you're a big inspiration!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/01/2018 - The New World
    Total Playtime: 11h -> 14h
    IRL
    When was the last time you actually read and finished an entire book? For me, it's been over a year. Things used to be different, tho. When I was younger, like 10 or so, I was a BIG TIME reader. There were days where I would literally just read all day and do nothing else. Tbh it's probably the only reason I have half a brain nowadays.

So today I went to the public library and checked out some books, for the first time in forever. Currently I'm reading 'Invisible Monsters' by Chuck Palahniuk (and it's totally fucked up and weird lol). I read for over an hour earlier today and I'm probably gonna do that again before I knock out. I realized that I never really lost my passion for books, I was just so caught up with other shit that at some point I stopped and didn't start back up. That seems to happen with a lot of things...
    OnionYawn

Anyways. Today I also stopped for a walk in the woods on my way home from class. SlimeGrin

The questing saga continues, except this time there's a whole new world to explore!

[​IMG]
    But before all that, we still got some business in vic. I'm lucky enough to visit Stumpy's domain at just the right time and Dutch lets me share a kill to complete my quest (shoutouts to him and the Vanilla crew). If u didn't know, this quest is OP AF and gives u almost a full level at 35.

[​IMG]
    In preparation for the new continent, I end up doing a bunch of random fetch quests to unclog my ETC inventory.

[​IMG]
    After that's all done with, I make a quick trip to NLC to 1) stock up on cheap pots for the upcoming journey, and 2) murder some bees and elephants for a quick GFA60% from John Barricade's quest. Shoutout ibossSEwhore for buffing me w/ FREE SE on the subway ride. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    With business squared away in vic, and with a whole mess of letters and trinkets in tow, it's finally time to head to the new world and hand em out.

[​IMG]
    EZ levels rite away. I do a tiny bit of questing in Omega then head up to Ludi, where the quest fever quickly begins to set in...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, there's no shortage of stuff to do here.

[​IMG]
    That's that, simple and straightforward. Welcome to The Grind. See ya in the next one.
    OnionBye

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    7:12 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    AAaaa this is so wholesome I love it, especially once I read the part about the library and the books :') Seeing everyone's journey in a little diary like this is one of my favorite parts of maple/games like this (I wish I had done it more tbh u_u) Keep it up friend! :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  11. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/02/2018 - Eos Hell
    Total Playtime: 14h -> 17h
    IRL: Started off my morning with a 15 minute breathing meditation, read for a total of two hours, and went for a quick run before my evening study session. I'm just coming off of a major illness, so it feels great to finally be able to exercise again. SlimeGrin

Today we've got a tower to clean up, and it isn't pretty.
    But the road to success isn't always pretty...
    OnionCourage

[​IMG]
    But first, we need to talk about INT. This morning I owl for cheap cape int 100s and scroll up my cape that I got from the boar quest. Now with 10 INT in gears, I add 5 more points to my base to reach a grand total of 100! We'll still want a little bit more, but we're definitely getting there.

[​IMG]
    Later in the day, I head down the tower to get started on today's gauntlet of fetch quests. We're gonna be doing this a lot.

[​IMG]
    Before you know it, it's back up to ludi. Just check out all this crap I have clogging up my inventory.

[​IMG]
    Aaaand back down to Omega. Yeah, you probably get the idea.

[​IMG]
    Up again.

[​IMG]
    Down.

[​IMG]
    And then up again... and then down just ONCE more. Luckily I get to take out my frustrations on Rombot.

[​IMG]
    Speaking of luck, yeah, hunting gacha is good to me. This is gonna go a long way.

[​IMG]
    And that's that. I know it's not the most fun stuff around, but we just gotta keep pushing through this slog. Giving up is not an option. SlimeWink
    OnionBye
    PS: If you or anyone you know sells Z-HELMS, let's get in touch. I'm looking for runners with Hyper Body and good HP gears for an early helm. You can contact me on Discord at #sku2309, or add me in game @ Skusku.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  12. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/03/2018 - Sea, Sky, Sand
    Total Playtime: 17h -> 20h
    IRL: Pretty much the same as yesterday! I'm really starting to dig the meditation thing, plus I'm nearly finished with that book I'm reading. Don't worry tho, I'm in the process of looking for more new stuff to do as we speak. SlimeWink
    [​IMG]
    You know the drill by now: quests, quests, and more quests. Savagely beating down hundreds of seals for their tasty meat, u know, stuff like that. At level 42 I dump 11 saved up SP into haste cuz I'm tired of running around at 120% speed. This makes an especially big difference when it comes to questing. I also manage to max out Seruf's MB entry, making him my first maxed out miniboss!

[​IMG]
    After Aqua comes Orbis. There's a good amount of stuff to do here, but jesus knows I'm not touching that Nependeath quest with a 10 foot pole in my current state.

[​IMG]
    With all the easy Orbis quests exhausted, I head off to Ariant for a couple of reasons. 1) The Deo quest is OP AF even at my level and 2) there are a couple key storybook quests I need to do here to turn in to the library when I head back to Ludus. The Deo quest actually requires a FULL refined lidium, so I end up spending a bit longer than I'd like massacring the local fauna for those 10 ores. But all's well when you see that juicy exp. SlimeTongue

[​IMG]
    Oh, and it's way easy to go immediately from Ariant to Vic, where I have a couple quests to turn in that have been clogging up my ETC slots for a WHILE now.

[​IMG]
    Now that I'm done with that whole questing arc, I hop on the subway to ride to NLC -- but not before the trashiest hunting gacha run you've ever seen...

GFMA 100%? Seriously?? OnionF4

[​IMG]
    To be fair tho, I guess that makes up for the sweet gacha roll I got yesterday. Anyhow, tomorrow I'll hit 45 and maybe even do some PQs??? My goal is 50 by this weekend, so I'll be busy either way. Until then, see ya.
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Back to Omega Sector and Ludi next time then? I love going on the cycle level 30-55, Nautilus -> Omega Sector -> Ludi -> KFT -> Aqua Road -> Herb Town -> Mu Lung -> Orbis -> Ariant/Magatia -> Back to Vic, NLC then back to Nautilus to start all the quests you just unlocked. Makes these early second job levels more fun and flavorful, and make for enjoyable reads too. MapleF2

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/04/2018 - Road to Z
    Total Playtime: 20h -> 23h
    IRL

Lately I've been trying to focus on just one thing at a time. That means no listening to music while I walk or study. No checking my feeds when I have a spare minute. No drinking coffee or tea while I'm working. Etc etc.

Living this way, you notice immediately all the different things you do to distract yourself. For most of us it's probably smartphones. Fun fact: the past few days, my total smartphone usage per day has decreased by about 90%. The big question: do I miss it? Do I feel like that 90% of content I've been missing out on is a hole in my life that nothing else can fill?

No. I don't even think about it. 90% of my phone usage was just me trying to distract myself from a moment of boredom, or from something I didn't want to deal with, or for no reason at all.

OnionYawn

I would try and finish this train of thought but it's 2AM and I need to get to sleep ASAP. SlimeSweat2

Today let's make some meso!

[​IMG]
    From where we left off in NLC, I grab an important quest from Mr. Elpam and then do some random quests around vic just for fun. That includes Shumi's 3rd JQ, which is BULLSHIT. But with major patience and minor cheese, it's not too hard to clear.
    And big shoutouts to Ziozo for giving me a bunch of Cold Eye Tails for a quest. SlimeGrin

[​IMG]
    Then I head to Orbis on the boat and make the rounds for a couple of quests, the main one being Scheherazade's storybook retrieval which requires a couple trips from Ludus to Ariant and back.

[​IMG]
    Taking a break from questing, I poke around in the market and stumble across this scuffed (BUT DECENT) bracer for pretty cheap. Thanks to Awards for this one! My line of thinking is that I'll be able to level to 55 pretty easily via questing and PQs (EPQ especially) and after that I'm gonna want an upgrade from my 25att mape claw before I can get a Skanda at 64. This is perfect cuz it's right in between.

[​IMG]
    Anyhow, back to quests. From Ariant I warp back to Vic, then take the portal to Omega to deal with Elpam's quest. I realize I could have saved myself a warp card by doing this when I was in Ludus earlier (I have like 12 omega warp capsules after all) but I wasn't smart enough for that.

[​IMG]
    Going around the world just once wasn't good enough for Elpam, so we gotta do it again for his next quest. It's back thru the portal to Omega! On the way the clock tower I stop in Showa to do the Sakura orange marble quest which rewards a shoe jump 30% for the low price of 300 fried chickens and 1 pet food! Not bad.

[​IMG]
    I also turn in Sakura's other quest, the teddie one, where I get CRAZY lucky and end up with a wand m.att 30% scroll! That's a 10% chance if u were wondering.
    #thankusakura

[​IMG]
    From Ludi I take one last trip to KFT->Aqua->Herb Town->Mu-Lung->Orbis->Ariant to finally finish up Scheherazade's storybook. I also check for Deo, but unsurprisingly he's not there.

[​IMG]
    GM Buffs are 15 seconds late and a full blown riot breaks out in the fm! OnionMad

[​IMG]
    And AT LAST, after warping back to Vic from Ariant, riding the subway to NLC, we get to turn in this quest. That's two whole trips around the world, but I'd say it's worth it.

[​IMG]
    Now with around 30m in scrolls to sell, the future is looking promising. Next stop: level 50!
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I love this, hyped to see your progress. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/05/2018 - Forest Vibes
    Total Playtime: 23h -> 27h
    IRL: Finished that book I was reading, and started on another! Now I'm reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho which has got me hooked. Actually, I've nearly finished it, but that's not surprising cuz it's only like 150 pages.
    I'll admit that I played more maple today than I should have, but I promise it's for a good reason. SlimeWink
    We've got a goal today. Let's get right down to business.

[​IMG]
    To start things off, I use up my last warp card to get to Omega and do a smidge of random questing there before heading up to Ludi for some REAL action.

[​IMG]
    Ellin Forest! I noticed that I'd unlocked the questline, so why not? With a couple PQs in between the ezpz quests, it's smooth sailing for several levels.

[​IMG]
    But seriously, can I talk about how much I love this place? The music and atmosphere are beautiful and give off great vibes. The quests and map designs are extremely simple and straightforward, and the monsters go down easy, which is a refreshing break from jank ass areas like Omega Sector where you have to trek through long and ridiculously designed maps with a billion platforms and a random mash of monsters in every zone. I'm not saying that easier is better, but sometimes it's nice to just be able to relax.
    OnionCoffee

[​IMG]
    So I relax my way all the way to level 49, where I eventually hit a stopping point for this area (the mega ultra fetch quest where u need random bullshit from all over the world, yea i'm not doing that rn).

[​IMG]
    With Ellin exhausted, we need to find another way to scrape together this last level. KFT is close, so I hit it up to take on a couple of the remaining storybook quests. One important thing to note if you're trying to complete EVERY quest is that there are additional "quests" you can unlock by DROPPING the storybook after you complete the main task. As far as I know, this applies to every storybook quest except for the ones based in Ariant (Scheherazade and the Little Prince). HUGE thanks to SYLegendSYLegend for finding this out -- and if you're trying to complete every quest, then you should definitely give this thread a read:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-missable-and-hidden-quests.8733/

[​IMG]
    Now with no other options left, it's back to Omega to take on some of the grindier quests it has to offer. These actually aren't that bad if you don't mind killing a couple hundred aliens.
    MasterChi (pictured center) and Mistrol (pictured nowhere) both get a MASSIVE shoutout for giving me gold and silver ores to complete the Story of Axes. SlimeAngel
    Back down Helios Tower and -- Level 50 Get!

[​IMG]
    And hey, after selling a few scrolls, my meso count is looking pretty nice. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    You know what that means... next time!
    (hopefully)
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/06/2018 - Big Z
    Total Playtime: 27h -> 31h
    IRL: Meditation after breakfast is pretty much a habit for me now. If you've never done it before, I recommend u try it out! It's not really anything so spiritual or mystical as its made out to be, it's literally just training ur ability to focus.
    In other news, I finished The Alchemist, and now I've started on The Count of Monte Cristo. I've heard about this story a lot, but never read it. The book is actually like 1300 pages long -- it's a paperback about as thick as my wrist is wide SlimeSweat2 -- so wish me luck. I also went for a run downtown. I kinda sprained my right hand/fingers a few weeks ago so I can't really do any exercises that involve gripping weights or putting pressure on my hands until that heals up.

Zzzzzzz...

[​IMG]
    Wasting no time, let's get started on this prequest.

[​IMG]
    Dead Mine PQ is a really strange and antiquated relic of past Maple. For one thing, it's one of those annoying maps where your movement is restricted so you have to turtle around at 110% speed which is REALLY NICE when u hit a chest that randomly warps u back to the beginning so u have to walk to the same room again and again. I mean, it's not hard, it's just weird.

[​IMG]
    U know what's not strange and antiquated tho? Zak JQ! Luckily all that frustration from Shumi 3 turned me into a JQ god and I clear the first map pretty quick and the second map on my FIRST TRY. Combine that with 30 gold teeth I bought from FM last night and boom, prequest done ezpz.
    OnionGlass

[​IMG]
    im watching u isac... SlimePolice

[​IMG]
    <o/ Finally it's time! Other than a few annoying wep cancels, the run goes off without a hitch and I've got myself a Z-helm! The 17 INT is pretty baller so I decide not to risk a reloot.

[​IMG]
    I was also able to pick up TT10 back there, so now I just needa hold it in my inventory for 70 levels no biggie. Unfortunately, this run was expensive AF and now I'm basically flat broke. The good news being that now that it's over with, we can make some major progress.
    With that +17 INT from my new hat, I add 3 more points into base to reach a total of 120 with all my gears on. Not bad, huh?

So now we need money badly but also want some levels. I know exactly the place...

[​IMG]
    A quick trip thru Ariant and one Deo card later, we're in NLC killing Voodoos. If you didn't know, these little guys drop Heartstopper candies which give +60 att for 1 minute and can be sold for around 150-200k. Not only that, but they give decent exp too. I'm able to get over 1% per minute, which isn't bad for a 93 INT scuffed sin. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    With a sweet new helm and a worthy training ground to boot, nothing can stop us now! Next time: a FAT grind, and a major fashion upgrade.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  18. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    3:12 PM
    A nice read SlimeSmile basically set for now and from now on Grind Grind Grind!

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    10/07/2018 - Top Maximum Grind
    Total Playtime: 31h -> 38h
    IRL: Lazy AF! It's a sunday tradition.
    As promised, today's gonna be a big ol fashioned grind. Let's hop right into it.

[​IMG]
    First things first, I do some preliminary questing in Zipangu to ensure that I'll have a couple quests I can turn in to level up on (since I always want to level up wearing my wand for the extra INT, and it's pretty hard to kill stuff with a wooden wand). Then, it's off to NLC.

[​IMG]
    Voodoos are gonna be a great place to level because we want some cash for a few minor upgrades in the near future, where meso is something you couldn't really get much of by questing or leveling at EPQ. Just hope for lots of stopper drops!

[​IMG]
    I settle into a rhythm here pretty quickly. Funny story, I don't actually deal enough damage to knock these guys back most of the time, and it takes me anywhere from 4 to 7 hits to kill them, so it becomes a fun little minigame to try and avoid taking damage while grinding by hopping around, positioning yourself just right, and cleverly using Dark Sight. And sometimes it makes u feel like a ninja. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    And so after like FIVE HOURS of straight steely-throwing, stopper-dropping, subway-riding, cider-drinking, star-recharging, level-grinding ACTION we finally hit our goal of 55!

[​IMG]
    Victory never felt so good.
    OnionF2

[​IMG]
    Remember that bracer I picked up the other day? Now we finally get to use it. And with the meso I made today from selling stoppers, I'm able to trade in my steelies for six sets of ilbis and pick up an 8att glove to replace my old 6att. With everything added together, that's a total of +16 att!

[​IMG]
    and i promised a fashion upgrade so - thats CAPTAIN sku to u. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    Adventure awaits -- next time!
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 4
  20. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    This is so great! Im hooked up to your journey, im in the army so its nice to have something to look forward to

• Like Like x 2