1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New players and meso asking.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Danna, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Danna

Danna Slime

May 19, 2018
    Female
    New York
    3:54 AM
    Cherrywine
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    So there's something that has been kind of bothering me and other players in game and that thing is meso begging. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. We all know the struggle for new players, we've all been there. I first joined the server around May 2017 and it was my first time playing after around 8 years. I had to switch my main from a lvl 103 hermit to my current main which is a Bishop lvl 164. I gained everything by myself. AGAIN, I don't see anything wrong with asking for help. Some prefer the easy way, and some prefer the harder way. BOTH ARE COMPLETELY FINE! It becomes an issue when you force higher lvl players to "help" you. Example: spamming trade requests and whispers, calling us names for not helping you (happened to me too many times) and just simply having hard time to accept the fact that not every higher lvl player have a lot of mesos, nor ready to give some of them away. We save mesos for skill books that are very expensive, pots, gear and etc... I'm not trying to come as a rude or mean person, but when im trying my best to save mesos for gen30 after failing my first book, it's really annoying to be called out names just simply for saying no to giving away my mesos to someone new. Happy mapling~

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    6:54 PM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    Hey mama, or sugar mama from your post haha jk I totally feel you, hopefully I’ve been able to minimize this using the charity thread and you could always direct the players that keep annoying you to that thread! Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a way to necessarily to stop this unless you report for harassment and then they get banned which is kinda sad...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    New players are practically spoonfed all the pots and free exp they could possibly want if only they'd just do the damn quests. I have randomly given stuff to low level players that I have chatted with and liked. But I never give anything to anyone that sees me and immediately starts begging. That is just retarded bad taste.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:54 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    In one hand, I do kind of sympathize with those people as I was in their shoes before. When I first started Legends, I legit didn't have enough money to buy pots so I asked some stranger in fm (vaguely remember maybeandymaybeandy ??) and he was kind enough to trade in fame for some mesos in which I used them to buy some potions. Had I not received that 150k, who knows whether I would be still here today. Now whenever I see some people asking for mesos, I just give some because that looked like me playing for the first time almost a year ago. However, I also do get annoyed sometimes with people that acts like they are entitled with mesos, because they really aren't. But I don't usually mind giving off a little since I never know whether that will motivate that person to continue playing like I am to this day.

Or whenever I am REALLY broke, I just refer them to QwioxQwiox and he always gets the job done :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. maybeandy

maybeandy Stone Golem

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Dream Land
    6:54 PM
    Inexorable
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    Wow, to think I'd have an impact like that on someone haha.
    Glad to have met you in some of my HT runs Davi! It's always fun with you around :3

Back to the topic at hand: I think FM beggars do get out of hand: you have all the resources to be playing the game normally: you kill monsters, they drop money.
    You fetch etc's for an NPC, they give you stuff.
    You get something other people want, you can merch it for a profit.
    You get 100-200k free every 24 hours should you want to sell fame (btw, I'm always B> fame if you ever see me ingame).

The time most people spend spamming FM CH1 could go to actually hunting something and being more productive, rather than a circle of toxicity: white scrolls aren't cheap, nor are my equips, and yet people still self-entitle themselves to free money from players who worked harder otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    9:54 PM
    Shadower
    Disorder
    I honestly don't have a problem with giving a new player some money because they've asked. What does piss me off is when they sit in FM and I fuckin see them sitting there right after I gave them money and they start trading other players to get more money. This is the difference between someone who ACTUALLY just wants something to help them start off and someone asking for a hand out. If you wind up with like 2m from sitting in FM you're doin it wrong and I probably hate you.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    9:54 PM
    Sarina
    They can add tooltips giving advice to assist new players to the game, or maybe some blue font guides on Maple Island.

8. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    1:54 AM
    Night Lord
    the staff prob wont give a fuck (maybe arthur will u da real mvp <3) but i'll suggest it anyway, in the server "cr00s4de" theres a function for every new account that they can type in chat the command @points and they get free 100k to start off the game. it helps alot to reduce these PLZ MESO PLZ tradings and spam so u should do that

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:54 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's some people around that as soon they see they get easy mesos at the start of the game they are very turned off by such thing. This is a challenging server, so by removing even the harder bit (the begin) with something like that can already create a 'wow this server is really easy' kind of effect. You can already buy so many potions with 100k mesos...

Furthermore, one could easily create a bot that makes a lot of accounts with VPN and have 100k mesos everytime. This may not seem a lot, but a lot of 100k's stacked together (imagine someone making 100 fame mules) is already a lot of mesos...

'Giving a fuck', just think it's a poor idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    Night Lord
    There are so many ways to get out of this, but you chose the laziest. to be honest MANY servers has this and i've never came across a guy that got this "oh its an easy server" mentality after getting these 100k. it just means to most people that the server admins care and understand the struggle of new players. and WHO THE F*K WOULD CREATE NEW EMAILS AND THEN REGISTER NEW ACCOUNTS AND CHANGE VPNS ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT JUST FOR 100K. jesus christ kim, please stop being so small minded

Edit: If you really afraid of people "ABUSING" this feature you can make it lv15+ and then it'll take more time to gain these 100k than getting them by farming. yet again,stop being small minded

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Explains I guess why we are still #3

If people honestly cannot even get past the first challenge of the game, then they can't get past the rest. You may be spoon-feeding people, but they will struggle the later part of the game and quit anyway.

*creating* new e-mails? Never heard of disposable e-mails? It literally takes 1 second to have an email that lasts for 10 minutes. Also, people already are creating fame mules, you don't need a VPN for that, and thus the same applies for this '100k bonus'

You call me lazy, but you want people have a lazy time and get 100k WITHOUT doing anything. What?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    Night Lord
    First of all,don't get things mixed up. you're not top 3 because you don't have the 100k headstart, its more because the server *NAVI* created is nostalgic,fun and challenging.

Then again, DISPOSABLE EMAILS? VPN BOTS CREATED TO MAKE ACCOUNTS? PUT A DAMN CAPTCHA IN THE REGISTER BOX (?)
    and you totally ignored the "you gotta be level 15+ to open the 100k feature". Now, about the "If people honestly cannot even get past the first challenge of the game, then they can't get past the rest. You may be spoon-feeding people, but they will struggle the later part of the game and quit anyway" HAVE U EVEN READ THIS POST? people are still asking, it's not that they're "forced" to do it on their own, they're not. they just annoy other people and call them names and other bs. it seems like you don't really understand this game because "FAME MULES" are mules you can use DAILY and you can fame a person from every CHARACTER in the game, the 100k feature is a 1 time feature and available only per ACCOUNT. (every account can hold 6 characters iirc or more? idk but u get the point. )

I call you lazy because you're lazy. people are still being lazy, and still will be. I feel like getting people going with these 100k will motivate them to be "less lazy" by allowing them to train rather than keep them sitting in fm for hours begging for mesos which IS lazy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Because giving 100k which makes you able to buy all cheap pots, taxis, and more or less everything else makes it challenging, right? You were mia, so let me refresh you a bit. This is a GMS-like server that try remain the struggle of starting the game and earning your first bit of mesos:

No, getting 100k is not an accomplishment and removes challenge. And yes, I can read, thanks. You also need to be level 15 to fame people, the exact same requirements. And yes, there were fame services in the past where people HAD 100 fame mules. And yes, they were on 100 accounts, not 100 characters.

I don't know why you try sound this heated up, because it really doesn't bring your message any further.

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    And lastly, there's a huge difference in trading 100k vs the server giving it. If the server giving it its 100k mesos into the market, into the economy. A trade instead is that someone lose 100k and the new person receiving it (minus the tax). That also plays a role why I do not want implement such a silly feature.

15. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    Night Lord
    why would someone create 100 accounts to have 100 fame mules when they can have 16..jesus christ.
    i sound heated up because i hate the way you operate, it frustrates me. i miss navi. its ridiculous how you can give me any excuse possible about "why not" but then again if you'll see more people making the exact same points i did, you'll suddenly agree with that, right? plus its amusing how you're not suggesting a way OUT of problem you just denounce suggestions that require you to do something.

the "it'll be unchallenging" and "people who can't get past the first phase of the game by themselves will quit later on too" meme is ridiculous. for example, shotshot which is level 18x if im not wrong, and he stated above that he started the game by asking mesos from maybeandy. AND HE GOT TO 18x. about the fame mules..i already told you they're usable ONCE a DAY and not ONCE IN A LIFETIME. jesus christ i won't suggest anything anymore i don't feel like theres any point to do so.

btw, if you didn't knew, lv50 items give around 80-100k mesos by npcing, same shit kim

I can clearly see why this server is dying, It's you kimmy, wake up or pass the leadership. pce out.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Please the next time leave the frustration that you got for losing all the progress in Croosade somewhere else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    Night Lord
    [​IMG]
    haven't played croosade for more than couple of weeks, aite. pce out <3

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Cya. Thanks for passing by.

19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:54 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    If new players could stay instead of hop servers, inflation wouldn't be a problem since players are initially reliant on income from gach. Prices are driven primarily because there's an imbalance between old and new players. Plus, an extra few votes won't hurt. I'd say the 100k should be fine X)

That said, it does make lv1-40 stupidly easy. Why bother picking up drops anyways. :/

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol. calling Kimberly lazy because she doesn't want to implement a stupid, bad idea.

The real lazy people are the ones who want free stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1