1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Drop filter made official?

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Oct 14, 2018.

Would you like an official supported drop filter?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2018.
  1. No

41 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Yes

141 vote(s)
    77.5%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:53 AM
    Moderator Post
    With the recent mistake of the drop filter being made into the live files I have asked the community in-game what they think of it. The results were pretty positive.

Now, I have made a poll with the same question. Would you like the drop filter to be made official where it stays up-to-date by us with important drops such as for events? Or is it better for it to stay a thing people can add themselves?

Drop filter example:
    [​IMG]

*The vote answer order does not reflect my opinion and is purely done because of this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_position_effect

Sadly, I cannot randomize it.

This poll will be up for 7 days.

Disclaimer: The results of the poll does not immediately mean that the favor result happens

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    2:53 AM
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    This isn't a yes or no thing for me. I like the idea of it for rare drops like hunting gach or nx tickets, but for scrolls it's a bit obnoxious.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:53 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'd like them if they were toggle-able from within the game. I'd probably use them for certain maps but for the most part they just don't look vanilla and kinda mess with the nostalgia factor.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I like it because it alerts me to important drops, but I don't like them alerting everyone else walking by and if I'm trying to clear up space in my inventory or something...yeah, it gives "unwanted" attention. But I think I like it?

5. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    Just speaking as a player: If it was added, I would want it to be for a VERY limited number of items. Beyond that, I find it annoying. My preference is closer to "no" rather than "yes," so that's what I voted for.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    For those voting (especially no) let me know if there's some alternative roads that could be taken. Example, maybe the box a bit smaller so its less obnoxious.. available for less items? Etc.

7. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    The box could definitely be smaller. The size of almost every item that drops is roughly the same, so the added vertical element of the drop filter only needs to be relatively minimal for the item to stand out clearly.

In terms of limiting the number of items:
    - Special event items (like candies, frog eyes, whatever)
    - Notoriously rare quest items (Glass shoe, Black Bull's Deed, Nependeath Honey, etc.)
    - NX tickets
    - Gacha tickets
    - Boss chairs
    - Items that begin 4th job skill quests (maybe?)
    - Rare consumables like onyx apples

I'm not sure if there is much else to add. If a player wants things besides those, they should add it themselves, because it begins to get more and more into matters of personal taste.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    If it's going to be forced upon every player I think it should only be for event items, gacha, and nx tix. Everything else I think should be a choice that players could do themselves if they really want to. As for the style, I think the current style is fine and doesn't need changing. (I voted no because I thought you were including lots of other items)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I agree with Zeb.
    Other items such as telling the difference between Scar Helms is a definite no for me.

I'm also curious at what majority of the player base use it / don't use it.

10. Firebat

Firebat Red Snail

Feb 4, 2018
    1:53 AM
    Firebat
    Beginner
    I really enjoyed the Wizet drop edit that Poof made but I lost the files and they're no longer available to re-download. Would it be possible to just make that edit available again? That way people who do want it can download it and those who don't can play like normal. I personally just use it for scroll drops and don't mind that it doesn't/wouldn't include the event item drops.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ah, yeah. Things like these is something I am totally against on as well. The drop filter should be QOL, not something that benefits you in knowing more than someone else do (identifying identical items visually, etc...)

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:53 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Personally I don't like it. I find it a bit jarring to see this big white floating box appear out of nowhere, like back in the handholding days of starting a brand new beginner in the training camp and not knowing what drops are. Maybe I could get used to it, maybe not.

I'd agree that it can be very helpful for those people that like to mindlessly grind and kill mobs by the droves and who don't really loot any etcs or mesos. But on the other hand, I'd rather not promote that kind of practice. As a lootwhore myself who likes to pick up items, I find it completely unnecessary. If there was a way to customize the settings for each individual player, could be ok...

But as it stands, this feature screams newfangled GMS, and doesn't resemble classic gameplay at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I really like the drop filter, even if it had to apply to a large bunch of items.
    To cater toward the larger audience, maybe it can be implemented with optional features.

For example:
    @dropfilter event = show filter for event tagged items
    @dropfilter gach = show filter for gach tickets
    @dropfilter scrolls = show filter for scrolls
    @dropfilter equips = show filter for equips
    OPTIONAL:
    @dropfilter equips 80 = show filter for equips over Lv80.
    @dropfilter all = show filter for all the above
    @dropfilter small = smaller icon size
    @dropfilter large = current icon size

Also really appreciate this response to the accidental change. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    1:53 AM
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    I’d be for this idea if you get to chose what items get the filter in game(Whatever it’d be all items, no items, or somewhere else in between).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  15. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I agree with the comments in this thread. As it is right now, I would vote No. But if a @dropfilter was made to toggle which items or just on/off completely, or just reduce the items to the ones suggested in this thread (chairs, NX, insanely rare quest drops, gach) then I would change to a Yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:53 AM
    Its a yes from me. I personally found it extremely useful, especially since sometimes items like gach tickets were completely hidden by other etcs. Even with actively playing the game and walking around the map, some people just dont want to mass loot (especially if youre hunting cards or quest items with other people)

I think the list could definitely be limited to this short list:
    Nx cards
    Event items
    Gach items
    Onyx apples
    Boss chairs

I dont necessarily think scrolls, ores or boss equips such as zhelm, scar/targa helm, ht pendant should be added.

Edit: about the size of the box, yeah it can be a little smaller but i like that its obnoxiously bright too and captures ur attention

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Commands to enable specific filters are impossible because they are visual and client sided.

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:53 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I guess this means that in order to tweak the filter to each person's taste, various different versions of the wz files would have to be created... meaning more work, more hassle, more accidental bugs.

19. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    1:53 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    well why not?

20. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    With the tweaks mentioned above like the exclusive items only (no scrolls, pls) and smaller box, is a yes from me.

I think it will help the new players to be more aware of special items, and actually know they are special (and ask for it and it's use) and also for the current players to find stuff way nicer, like gacha when you are on grinding sessions.

Some list were already posted above, and i think they pretty much sum up what most of the ppl that voted "yes" want, in my opinion SlimeGrin

(P.S: It still scares the hell out of me when i see the items falling with that turning effect and the glowing box goes like AVMVNDSVK, besides that, i like it.)