1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Info & teases: Next content

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:38 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

Happy Halloween! We hope you are having a great time at the event so far! :)

As some saw us teasing on Facebook and recently discord, yes. The next area I, and our staff are working on, is Golden Temple.

The reason why I want bring up a lot of things quickly is because most people know Golden Temple as an area that was used for a short period in GMS/KMS, where you had to pay NX to get in, and more things that costed money...

But...

[​IMG]

That's correct. In other regions Golden Temple was permanent content, and like any other map had content, quests, and an expansion directly from Thailand, completely free.

That's not all though.

GMS horribly nerfed the mobs, yet again, which we won't be using.

We are almost close at having every single region added that uses Spinel that have ever released in pre-big-bang. I believe Golden Temple is the very last one, and we are currently working on it. This is a pretty big milestone for me, because since a few years ago I always had the goal to have every single pre-big bang map added from different MapleStory regions, and that goal is close to finish.

We are not going reveal everything yet, but here's some basic info to get started, and to notice how big it differ from GMS.

Mob levels: 42-99
    Boss level: 120
    Quests: 33

Yes, this is not going to be end-game this time, but middle game. Sorry, you guys got Neo Tokyo already! Now it's time for the less hardcore users to get new content.

Also, we will use the original quest-lines, which means it will all be translated by our lovely staff and contributors, to provide the most authentic experience of these regions, how they were meant to be used. :)

We currently have no information to give regarding equips or new items that will be implemented. However, we will completely keep difficulty in mind, and modify boss equip stats if it is necessary when it comes to balance of our current content and items :)

Lastly, a few screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy discussing and debating! Oh, and we haven't forgotten about that Shaolin boss...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:38 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    So the Ravana helm traditionally gave 18/18/18/18 stats, with 10 acc+avoid, 60 hp/mp, 100 def/mdef, 5 speed and 2 jump. Some may see this as meta-breaking but note that it only has 7 slots so it is definitely not end-game. It is also level 70 so it shouldn't affect the zhelm market for people who want to get as much INT asap. It's a budget scar helm for people who aren't planning on scrolling their helm anytime soon.

I'm excited to see the World Tour being completed! :drool: (other than some of the bosses, including Krexel)

EDIT: the helm is also ugly af

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    3:38 AM
    Paladin
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I was pretty curious, so I checked the original region and see if they altered the helm. The answer is: no. While the boss is much stronger here, it seems the helm is completely unaltered. That means that GMS didn't only nerf the boss by a lot (see bbb.hiddenstreet), but they also didn't nerf the helm with it.

Do note though that like mentioned in the main post that the stats for equips aren't finalized.

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:38 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Hyped af

Perfect boss for my new Dark Knight for some grinding. OnionF4

Thanks everyone for your hard work! <3

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ugly helmets is the name of the game Neckson plays to get players to dump money on their cosmetics.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We can all be nostalgic for it, but even the zakum helmet looks awful; nobody ever wears it without NX. And yeah, the scar helmet is badly too. Is there even a helmet from a boss that isn't bad?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, Stumpy drops Dark Pilfer....

Maple0075.jpg FoxNo

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Theres many Pqs i prefer easily over Cpq. Cpq kills LPQ and all people did is play fixed games.

10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:38 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    everyone will just "Trade Wins", its not really fun when you cant actually compete/do the pq. people will just grind inside the pqs.

11. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    It's no fun when you cant completely poop on a squad.

12. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I wonder if there would be a way to prevent trading wins. One way would be to have a random matchmaking process instead of two parties signing up together, but that sounds like a lot of work to create and it would only work properly if there were many parties trying to do CPQ at the same time. Another way would be to outright ban trading wins, but that's hard to enforce and you'll get lots of newcomers complaining when they are "surprised" they were banned for something as innocent as that. Lastly, you could de-incentivize it by removing the bonus when you win or increase the bonus the longer your win streak is.

Honestly none of these options sound very good to me, which is unfortunate because while I find CPQ to be fun and nostalgic, I agree with all the complaints against it (killing LPQ, trading wins is lame, being OP)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    One problem with CPQ is that you can compare your teams and guess who's going to win. If not, a few runs should make it obvious, unless the score is very close. Once there is a clear winner and loser, the losing team will naturally not want to go again because they know they're going to lose. That means no marbles and no exp for anyone unless there's a concession. Hence the trade wins being the most natural solution players come up with. But then that destroys the entire point, and there's no competition.

Another huge design flaw is that when the players are strong, summoning more monsters is only the equivalent of providing the other team more cannon fodder and more points that let them win. So to fix that, I would suggest only allowing a select few (say 3-5, usually the strongest) out of ALL the summoned mobs to generate points. The rest literally just are in your way.

On that note, potions drop far too much from my experiences too. And with the slaughter of mobs, you pretty much have infinite hp/mp, as there's hundreds of pots on the ground. When the players are starving, desperate for pots, that actually makes teamwork essential and the fighting a real challenge. Dying is supposed to be a thing in CPQ, and I remember the respawn room having an insane 10x hp/mp regen multiplier. Perhaps, if we'll go along with the previous idea of limiting points, also only let those special monsters drop items as well.

Now... how to avoid trade wins? Well.. here's another crazy idea. Limit the amount of times you can CPQ. Starting at level 30 (the minimum level) Spiegelman will give you a pass to participate in the next CPQ... once. After you go in and attempt to CPQ, you can't participate again until you gain two levels.

When we take the possibility for repetition out of the equation, and suppose we increase the rewards greatly as well, what happens? I think people will be incentivized to attempt to CPQ for the good rewards, and so they will try to CPQ and put together the best teams... but given the restrictions, it will be hard to consistently stick with the same teams and trade wins all the time. And if you want to get the most out of CPQ, you'd have to start early, at low level and weaker than other players.

In the end, my vision/goal would be to make monster carnival something that can't be run over and over again ad nauseum, but the few times players run it would be very fun, intense, and rewarding.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I like all of your points. Only the default mobs should give points+drops, and extra mobs only give exp. Once every 2 levels is pretty steep though. Maybe once a day? Makes it hard to trade wins still and hard to solely do CPQ from 30-51. I also recommend that Speigelmann (spelling?) can only be found in Ludi, so that players are forced to go there, helping populate LPQ after their one CPQ/day is done with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah. 1 time a day sounds cool too.