1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Mana Reflection

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lionheart, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:59 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    A while ago, many of the other mage skills were buffed, which was a great help in making mages less like bots that just stand in one spot and spam meteor/blizzard/genesis all day. It was a welcome change that increased the value of other highly underrated skills and made other tactics and playstyles more enjoyable.

But unfortunately, there is still one other mage skill that remains lackluster: Mana Reflection.

I realized this as I fought against the Samurai boss of Ninja Castle. With this monstrocity immune to my most powerful single target spell, resistant to my other attacks, and only weak to my familiar (who hit pretty hard but extremely slowly), I slogged through around two hours of eating 8-9k magic attacks and not feeling like I was dealing too much damage back.

I thought I would always have an extremely difficult time with this boss and then I remembered the skill Mana Reflection. On the tin, it has a chance to reflect magic damage I take back on the monster. It sounds nice but in practice that is still insignificant damage. When maxed, the skill would activate 60% of the time and reflect double damage back. I could take an 8-9k damage hit and turn that into 16-18k damage on the enemy. 60% of the time... In the end, this is small potatoes compared to my familiar or 50% penalized attacks.

Looking at bbb.hiddenstreet.net, they actually showcase a different version of this skill: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/character/class/arch-mage-firepoison

This version of Mana Reflection deals 10x the damage that would have been taken at max level. Now imagine the same scenario, dealing 80-90k damage back to a formidable boss. In the grand scheme of things, it's not much compared to snipe, HH, or a well-geared NL, but I think every little bit helps when it comes to making mages not so horribly weak when it comes to bossing.

There is one caveat to this, however. Rumor has it that the skill Mana Reflection will completely negate the magic attack on your character, thus, act more as a protective buff more than anything, preventing 31% - 60% of incoming magic attacks. If this is the case, I may call it fair, as preventing 60% of damage dealt is a nice thing in itself already.

I know the staff members here tend to do things based on if something was implemented a certain way on some official server at some point in time however, so with this buffed version of Mana Reflection being public knowledge, my fingers are still crossed for a buff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:59 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    As far as I know, mana reflection doesn't even work in ML (it just misses all the time). Did you try it out already?

3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don't even have the skill points to invest in it yet! But depending on how it may or may not work, this will likely affect where I put points in later.

4. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Beginner
    2.JPG

Prob every 3~4 hit it activates once when I was trying it out

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:59 PM
    It does work but I dont understand how exactly.
    I have the skill at lvl 15 and when i am at skeles, it does reflect damage...(sometimes ;) )

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:59 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Ooh I have it on 5, but when I checked it (like half a year ago) it would only miss. Guess it got fixed over time!

7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That's weird. You would think that attack from petrifighter is a physical attack.

8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:59 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    What about the other caveat that the damage reflected cannot exceed 20% of the monsters max HP? I can see this skill being useful at bosses that hit hard but for skellies/petris, even with a buff it can't do much especially when you're likely 1ko'ing these targets anyways.

Anego would get counter bitch slapped hard doe, which would be fun to watch OnionCrazy

Honestly I hadn't even really considered the skill before. I also had no idea that it just dodges the attack. I see utility there more than damage. The damage does need a buff though considering the only mobs it can cap on damage right now are probably male/female mannequins lol

9. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Beginner
    I am not sure if it is suppose to be considered a physical attack or it is something Neckson missed out and just put it as magic attack..

I am guessing it is considered that mobs that uses skills animation to damage is considered a magic attacks. Only body damage is considered physical attack.