1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

L> Priest

Discussion in 'Parties' started by Yatayata, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    10:08 AM
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I just turned level 70 on my future shadower and I was wanting to find a Priest of the same level or within a couple levels to do the Himes level trick with. I'm pretty hardcore when I sit down to grind so I need someone that can keep up and play frequently. If we do the trick right we can hit 14m/hour so easily level up. If you're interested, just message here.

2. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    9:08 AM
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    Would a level 92 priest be too high? If not, I'm willing to join.

3. OP
    OP
    Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Yes unfortunately. You have to be within 5 levels of each other.

4. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    If you have a lv125+ bishop willing to train with you, go to shaolin temple: forest of towers (they hit around 2600dmg) for ~21m/hour exp if you know how to do it! works with a priest within 5 levels of you aswell.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    5:08 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Actually, to leech EXP you have to be either 5 levels from the attacker, as you say, or 5 levels from the monster, which is what most leeches (& boss runs) are based on. Since your shadower will be the one dealing the damage, it will get the EXP anyway, so the only question is whether the priest would get EXP as well; and the answer to that is that to get EXP, they'd have to either be level 65 to 75 (within the range of your own level, assuming 70), or 95+ (within the range of the monster's level, since himes are level 100).
    Meaning in 3 levels TogainTogain should be able to duo himes with you, technically, if her current level is 92. :')

EDIT AFTER THE COMMENT OF DrJasonDrJason:
    It's possible I'm wrong about the "65-75" bit and it's simply 65+ (i.e, that the 5 levels difference is relevant if you're below the attacker's level, and not above; I remembered it was both but come to think of it, I haven't properly tested such a situation).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Hmm this is interesting because I thought the "5 levels away from the attacker" was only if you were below their level, and that there was no such requirement if you were above their level. So in this case, I thought a priest would get exp if they were lv 65+

I have not tested this, I just thought it was intuitive. You may indeed be right, but this is how PowerGuard leech worked back in GMS: a level 31 warrior with PG would bump into a boss like BF, dealing damage (and dying obviously), and then you the leecher, say at lv60, would get exp once it was killed so long as you were in the party with both the killer and the PG mule. I have heard however that this doesn't work on Private servers for some reason, so maybe OdinMS worked around it by limiting leech to 5 levels above you, as you claim, and that was carried over to MapleLegends as well.

7. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    5:08 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Actually, come to think of it, you might be right?
    I'm trying to think of a situation where I ever got to test this myself, but... I mean, if you're over 5 levels above the attacker killing the monsters, then chances are you're also within level range of the monsters themselves (that range being no more than 5 levels below), unless you're using some weird method like meso bombing himes XD
    Should test this sometime... ALSO IF SOMEONE READING THIS KNOWS THE ANSWER, LET US KNOW PLEASE XD I'm curious now

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    7:08 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    since you are the CB, you are doing the most dmg. you will gain the most exp. a lvl 92 priest would get less. but its still benefial for you. since they are himes lvl range. being with a 92 priest should be fine

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Been testing. If you are more than 5 levels out of the attacker, even if you are in level range of the monsters, the XP is crap. I was getting 8mil per hour while my priest was only getting 800k per hour.

You want to be in the attackers level range, not the monsters. At least that is my experience so far with this. If others have had different results I don't know.

• Informative Informative x 1