1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about abuse in event

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by ChickenMan, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    6:26 PM
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    Hey, guys. While I was at the last fitness event I notice something. When I was trying to avoid the snakes and monkeys I realized that I could use my boomerang step’s iframes to keep from getting hit by them completely. Would this be considered abuse?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Azsim

Azsim Slime

Jun 29, 2018
    Isn't the use of any skills in Fitness Test prohibited? I remember not even being capable of using Heal when I tried during a Fitness Test.

3. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:26 AM
    technically this should be blocked so it probably is a bug

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:26 AM
    Moderator Post
    To be able to get first in fitness you actually need damage boost off those sneks. Damaging them even with the goal to use invincible frames only slow you down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    the monkeys tho

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If you are at stage 2 you also damage boost out of those. You damage yourself and get hit back into the rope (protip btw!)

For the other stages, which I assume you mean the very last one. You just avoid those by jumping forward. Doing BS literally slows you down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    While I like the idea of being able to keep using BS to help me beat fitness, I can’t help but feel that there’s a slight chance that people who aren’t Shadowers(more specifically the ones in front) could mess up, thus giving the Shadowers a... questionably unfair advantage.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    By beating you mean getting first or just getting to end? Because if its the latter nothing worrying. The only important places is #1 #2 and #3 and after that everyone gets the same reward. Fitness really isn't hard, so I don't see how this is an issue.

Fighters have a way bigger thing that actually benefit them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    ChickenMan

ChickenMan Mushmom

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    MadMan
    Chief Bandit
    OnDrugs
    By beating I mean get to the end. But if you and the community think it’s not that big of a deal, then I guess I’m ok with this.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:26 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I suppose using boomerang step could be subpar to a perfect run where you avoid snakes or somehow get launched by them, but nonetheless it is still an advantage for the vast majority of people who cannot perform pixel perfect jumps consistently.

Just to be safe, it should be disabled, along with all the other skills for the same reason they were disabled.

BS is not available in other JQ maps, is it?

11. Azsim

Azsim Slime

Jun 29, 2018
    Bring back Fitness with reversed controls.

Also, throw in a bunch of stirges for good measure.